Draft Day ***NFL Draft First Round thread***

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol oh so did everyone else huh?

Everyone else told me months ago Fields was the best or 2nd best QB. I said to begin the college year he was overrated.

Horn Vs Surtain? Majority of people had Surtainand ESPNs shock tells you all you need to know.
All I need to know. Is it takes three years to find out who truly is the better player or not. If you think you could figure that out right now you’re wrong again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All I need to know. Is it takes three years to find out who truly is the better player or not. If you think you could figure that out right now you’re wrong again.

Well teams can’t read into the future and they projected them the same as me.

The best of the best saw things the same way I did.

Everything else is just Monday morning quarterbacking from this point on.

Adreme

Reaction score
I don’t think you do get it. Remember Jeff Heath Like him or not he was a football player . Teddy brewski. Again I don’t think you know what it means Is the difference between a prima donna. And a football player . You can keep your high price prima donnas Give me a team full of Jeff’s and I will win a championship

No you wont because you clearly do not understand football. I would say though you would make Jerry Jones look like a good GM because your pretentious and dismissive attitude towards people you do not consider "real" football players would you leave your roster with so many holes that it would be lucky to win 3 games every year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So we could have drafted Fields at 10 and saved over $100 million over the next 4-5 years rather than paying Prescott who is coming back from a serious leg injury.

Another slam dunk by the front office :clap:
could have had mac jones too, but jerry liked his guy lol.

cowboygo

Reaction score

The Horn haters just saw mocks from months ago & saw he wasn’t near the top 10 and kept that stigma. The real ones who saw his tape and his demeanor knew he was better than Surtain, and had a higher ceiling.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No you wont because you clearly do not understand football. I would say though you would make Jerry Jones look like a good GM because your pretentious and dismissive attitude towards people you do not consider "real" football players would you leave your roster with so many holes that it would be lucky to win 3 games every year.
You totally change the subject

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I think you need to get out of the arm chair.

Adreme

Reaction score
You totally change the subject

No I didnt. Pitts is the best football player in this draft. You are not less of a football player for playing a skill position and gaining yards by winning matchups and not by running people over. Building a football team of just Jeff Heaths will not win. You need a Tyreke Hill, you need a Pat Mahomes and none of them are yearning for contact. Even on defense I would say the best corner of all was Deion Sanders and he was a lousy tackler and the best safety was probably Ed Reed and he also was lousy at it, but they were playmakers who got the job done.

817Gill

Reaction score
What will help the Cowboys is all the Tackles sliding to rd 2.
Yup, there’s also a few of those 2nd tier WR’s (E. Moore, R. Moore, Marshall, Eskridge). Glad a few of the DE’s I didn’t want snuck into late 1 as well.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No I didnt. Pitts is the best football player in this draft. You are not less of a football player for playing a skill position and gaining yards by winning matchups and not by running people over. Building a football team of just Jeff Heaths will not win. You need a Tyreke Hill, you need a Pat Mahomes and none of them are yearning for contact. Even on defense I would say the best corner of all was Deion Sanders and he was a lousy tackler and the best safety was probably Ed Reed and he also was lousy at it, but they were playmakers who got the job done.
You’ll never get it so don’t bother responding. The football player is about mentality as much is talent. Ed Reed was a football player. Dion Sanders was a prima donna. You don’t see the difference I can’t help you. Mahomes is a media lover boy. He’s not a football player. Steve Young was a football player. You’re still not seeing the difference. It has nothing to do with talent

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yup, there’s also a few of those 2nd tier WR’s (E. Moore, R. Moore, Marshall, Eskridge). Glad a few of the DE’s I didn’t want snuck into late 1 as well.
Really would like to see Ossai taken before us as the Cowboys have shown a lot of interest with him

Bluefin

Reaction score
Really would like to see Ossai taken before us as the Cowboys have shown a lot of interest with him
Mike McCarthy talked about Micah Parsons' pass rush ability last night and using him some in the 'DPR' role departed defensive coordinator Mike Nolan brought with him last season.

It will still be part of the new defensive scheme under Dan Quinn.

I don't believe Joesph Ossai is an option anymore with Parsons on the team, but I do hope he comes off the board before Dallas' selection because it will push someone of interest to us.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys have 6 picks in the next three rounds. It's inexcusable not to attempt to move up to finally get a real DT on this team or to add a significant safety.

The players are there. They won't be there long but they're there. You have the draft capital. You have the glaring needs. Do something.

They won't and their draft grade takes a nosedive when they don't.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Cowboys have 6 picks in the next three rounds. It's inexcusable not to attempt to move up to finally get a real DT on this team or to add a significant safety.

The players are there. They won't be there long but they're there. You have the draft capital. You have the glaring needs. Do something.

Screw the draft grade - the on field product will continue to look like trash when you have gaping holes in the middle of your defense. That alone is the reason to address it with actual talent.

cowboygo

Reaction score

all I want is a DT in the 2nd round, and we have done considerable effort at shoring up our run defense. I could care less about the rest of the positions picked if we go DT.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
ok, so apparently neither Jerry, Quinn, nor McCarthy spoke to Parsons before they picked him.

Seems kind of odd for the top rated def pick on you board...

DBOY3141

Reaction score
ok, so apparently neither Jerry, Quinn, nor McCarthy spoke to Parsons before they picked him.

Seems kind of odd for the top rated def pick on you board...
wonder who did the zoom call with him that SJ mentioned last week.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy talked about Micah Parsons' pass rush ability last night and using him some in the 'DPR' role departed defensive coordinator Mike Nolan brought with him last season.

It will still be part of the new defensive scheme under Dan Quinn.

I don't believe Joesph Ossai is an option anymore with Parsons on the team, but I do hope he comes off the board before Dallas' selection because it will push someone of interest to us.
Good point, that was probably the role they envisioned him with.