NFL: End of of Year QB Rankings

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I think it can be assumed that there are five top-tier QBs in the NFL and Romo is not one of them. It can also be assumed that he is at least in the top ten.

Section446

Reaction score
Stopped reading when I reached Philip Rivers.

You've missed out on some good QBing if you haven't seen him play this year. I don't know about #2, but he's had a damn good year. Keenan Allen and Mike McCoy really resurrected his career.

yaswaggin

Reaction score
romo should be 7-9 range

foles bumped up to 6-7

Dalton bumped up to 10-11

cam and luck way too high (two most overrated QBs in the NFL)

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with anyone but Big Ben and Matt Ryan being ahead of Romo.

All of the others are playing just as good if not better than Romo. You can argue the list is a little shuffled around but still..

Cam deserves to be up there somewhere as everyone forgets to add that he has 550 yards rushing and another 6 touchdowns rushing.
Philip Rivers is playing pretty dang well too. 105.5 QB rating is 2nd behind Peyton...

My partial list:
Tier 1:
1. Peyton
2. Brees
3. Rivers
4. Wilson

Tier 2:
5. Brady
6. Foles
7. Newton
8. Romo
9. Luck
10. Big Ben
11. Bears QBs

yaswaggin

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with anyone but Big Ben and Matt Ryan being ahead of Romo.

All of the others are playing just as good if not better than Romo. You can argue the list is a little shuffled around but still..

Cam deserves to be up there somewhere as everyone forgets to add that he has 550 yards rushing and another 6 touchdowns rushing.
Philip Rivers is playing pretty dang well too. 105.5 QB rating is 2nd behind Peyton...

My partial list:
Tier 1:
1. Peyton
2. Brees
3. Rivers
4. Wilson

Tier 2:
5. Brady
6. Foles
7. Newton
8. Romo
9. Luck
10. Big Ben
11. Bears QBs

1-5 look good although I have to give Brady big props for leading his team to 11 wins with subpar talent around him, would make him 4B tbh

no way in hell should cam be ahead of romo, cam is the most overrated QB in the NFL, he's basically posted the same stats as last season, but this year his teams have a lot more wins due to the defense carrying them.

I'd put big ben over luck, and Dalton over bear QBs

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
no way in hell should cam be ahead of romo, cam is the most overrated QB in the NFL, he's basically posted the same stats as last season, but this year his teams have a lot more wins due to the defense carrying them.

The Panthers also call very conservative balanced game plans that do not require him to carry the offense. In the games where that plan did not work, he has not played all that well. I will give him credit for learning how to play within himself, but he is hardly in the same league as the others he is group with or ahead of.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
1-5 look good although I have to give Brady big props for leading his team to 11 wins with subpar talent around him, would make him 4B tbh

I'd put big ben over luck, and Dalton over bear QBs

When it comes down to one spot, there are arguments for either way. I'll stick with Cam.

But I do 100% agree with Dalton over Bears QBs, I would actually put him over Big Ben as well. I completely forgot about Dalton.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Cam Newton is a stud. He basically carries that offense by himself. Give him a receiver like Dez to throw to and see what happens.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a rating based soley on performance this year.

Rivers has had an outstanding season.
At least stats-wise, he has trumped Tony.
But if they have him 2nd, then Romo should be higher as well becasue their seasons have been similar.

Based on this year, Luck and Ryan should be much lower

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Romo just doesn't have the arm some of the other top guys have. Clearly evident if you watched him this year that he cannot throw the deep ball with any effectiveness anymore.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Romo just doesn't have the arm some of the other top guys have. Clearly evident if you watched him this year that he cannot throw the deep ball with any effectiveness anymore.

Ryan Leaf and Jeff George had a cannons. How'd that work out for them?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I think it can be assumed that there are five top-tier QBs in the NFL and Romo is not one of them. It can also be assumed that he is at least in the top ten.

Agree. Top 10 at least. The 7-9 comment is on point IMO.

egn22

Reaction score
Cam Newton is #8.
That's the biggest problem i have with this list. In his first two seasons he's looked better than Peyton Manning did and he has LESS talent around him! This list is ridiculous.

egn22

Reaction score
romo should be 7-9 range

foles bumped up to 6-7

Dalton bumped up to 10-11

cam and luck way too high (two most overrated QBs in the NFL)

How is Cam ranked too high? He's winning, he's putting up big numbers, and he's in the playoffs. Overrated how???

iceman117

Reaction score
Elite
1)Peyton Manning
2)Aaron Rodgers
3)Drew Brees
4) Tom Brady

Very Good
5) Phiilip Rivers
6) Ben Roethlisberger
7)Tony Romo
8)Cam Newton
9)Andrew Luck
10) Russell Wilson
11) Matt Ryan

Decedent QB's (or younger guys who have potential but haven't gotten there yet)
12) Matt Stafford
13)Nick Foles
14) Colin Kaepernick
15) Joe Flacco
16)Jay Cutler
17) Alex Smith
18)Eli Manning
19) Andy Dalton
20) Carson Palmer

There is my top 20. What you guys think?