NFL: End of of Year QB Rankings

dstovall5

Reaction score
If you've watched a lot of football this year and seem them all play, I honestly don't see how Cam, Ben, Luck, and Ryan are over Romo. What have those guys individually done this year that Romo hasn't?

Romo has been very efficient this year, especially in the clutch when it matters most. Show me where those other guys have 3 Game Winning Drives this year and 2 of which were against divisional opponents on the road in CRITICAL situations. His most impressive was the GWD in a "win or go home" on the road against the Commanders, with a herniated disk I might add, talk about gutsy.

The only QBs you can without a doubt put ahead of Romo this year is Manning, Rivers, Brees, and Foles. I think Romo fits into the top of the next tier, which would be among Brady, Wilson, and McCown/Cutler. At best Romo is the 5th best QB this year, and at worst he's the 8th best, which isn't bad at all. This is nothing new for Romo, throughout his entire career he has always been at the top of the next tier.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I still don't see how some of those guys are ahead of Romo, talk about being over rated this year. *cough* Luck *cough*

TheFinisher

Reaction score
People put Cam and Luck over Romo because they're more talented, and most people would rather have them on their team if choosing QBs.

Romo is limited at this point in his career, he can't make all the throws.

yaswaggin

Reaction score
How is Cam ranked too high? He's winning, he's putting up big numbers, and he's in the playoffs. Overrated how???

panthers defense is giving up 14.73 points per game, team currently 11-4

last year, the panthers defense gave up 22.68 points per game, team finished 7-9

cam newton last season: 58 comp % 3869 passing yards 7.98 YPA 19 TDs 12 INT 86.5 QB rating

cam newton this season: 62 comp % 3230 passing yards 7.2 YPA 22 TDs 12 INT 89.2 QB rating

cam newton this season when team is behind: 55.8 comp % 791 passing yards 5.4 YPA 7 TDs 4 INT 75.5 QB rating

cam is basically the same QB as he was last year, he actually averaged more YPA last season and threw more passing yards/game

panthers are ranked 28th in passing offense, 19th in points per game at 23 ppg

get this: they gave up 22.68 points per game last year, and scored about 23 ppg last year also, this year their defense is giving up 14.73 points per game

The offense is the replica of last season, defense made a big turnaround and bam, 11 wins

however, the defense is a lot better this season, hence why he's winning. His numbers aren't anything too special either, he's never been able to carry his team, as evident it's been the defense who's been carrying him.

yaswaggin

Reaction score

last year, the panthers defense gave up 22.68 points per game, team finished 7-9

cam newton last season: 58 comp % 3869 passing yards 7.98 YPA 19 TDs 12 INT 86.5 QB rating

cam newton this season: 62 comp % 3230 passing yards 7.2 YPA 22 TDs 12 INT 89.2 QB rating

cam newton this season when team is behind: 55.8 comp % 791 passing yards 5.4 YPA 7 TDs 4 INT 75.5 QB rating

cam is basically the same QB as he was last year, he actually averaged more YPA last season and threw more passing yards/game

get this: they gave up 22.68 points per game last year, and scored about 23 ppg last year also, this year their defense is giving up 14.73 points per game

The offense is the replica of last season, defense made a big turnaround and bam, 11 wins

the defense is a lot better this season, hence why he's winning. His numbers aren't anything too special either, he's never been able to carry his team, as evident it's been the defense who's been carrying him.

sorry for the weird stuff in last sentence, no idea why the 's came out like that

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with anyone but Big Ben and Matt Ryan being ahead of Romo.

All of the others are playing just as good if not better than Romo. You can argue the list is a little shuffled around but still..

Cam deserves to be up there somewhere as everyone forgets to add that he has 550 yards rushing and another 6 touchdowns rushing.
Philip Rivers is playing pretty dang well too. 105.5 QB rating is 2nd behind Peyton...

My partial list:
Tier 1:
1. Peyton
2. Brees
3. Rivers
4. Wilson

Tier 2:
5. Brady
6. Foles
7. Newton
8. Romo
9. Luck
10. Big Ben
11. Bears QBs

I'd have to drop Newton behind him. Carolina's defense makes him look better than he's been (89.1 passer rating, 22 TDs, 12 ints, 62.1 pct. complete ... but he also does have over 500 yards and 6 TDs rushing)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I think you could have easily done a much better job than the hack that put the original list together. Nice work.

Elite
1)Peyton Manning
2)Aaron Rodgers
3)Drew Brees
4) Tom Brady

Very Good
5) Phiilip Rivers
6) Ben Roethlisberger
7)Tony Romo
8)Cam Newton
9)Andrew Luck
10) Russell Wilson
11) Matt Ryan

Decedent QB's (or younger guys who have potential but haven't gotten there yet)
12) Matt Stafford
13)Nick Foles
14) Colin Kaepernick
15) Joe Flacco
16)Jay Cutler
17) Alex Smith
18)Eli Manning
19) Andy Dalton
20) Carson Palmer

There is my top 20. What you guys think?

egn22

Reaction score

however, the defense is a lot better this season, hence why he's winning. His numbers aren't anything too special either, he's never been able to carry his team, as evident it's been the defense who's been carrying him.

He's a winner. He has a talented defense and really nothing on offense. And his early career PASSING stats are better than Peyton Mannings. We all know what he's doing running the football as well.
Manning was also surrounded by significantly more talent. Cam is putting up big numbers and winning big games.
He's a dual threat QB who forces defenses to respect both the run and pass. If I was building a franchise I'd start w him over ANY other QB in the league now.

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score
Based just on QB play, there is no way to justify ranking Brady over Romo this year. Based on QB play and team record there is no way to rank Roethlisberger above Romo.