Twitter: NFL games may be coming to Germany

Flamma

Reaction score
I love it when NFL teams go there and destroy their fluffy pristine turf made for soccer.

nobody

Reaction score
They need to redo a NFL Europe. Then our SB winner and their SB winner can go head to head for The Ultimate Bowl. I'm okay with the fact that the first 50 Ultimate Bowls will probably have 46-49 U.S. teams winning.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have absolutely no interest in 8am football, and I have even less interest in games played in the UK, and Germany is even worse.

I don't like they have these games overseas, at any time of the day. I am just saying I don't mind a few games early in the morning. Though I will not wake up early, if I decide to sleep in just to watch them.
Unless it is Dallas of course.

I am usually awake by then anyway. So it is not an issue about waking up just for that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They need to redo a NFL Europe. Then our SB winner and their SB winner can go head to head for The Ultimate Bowl. I'm okay with the fact that the first 50 Ultimate Bowls will probably have 46-49 U.S. teams winning.

I love that, or make that the real World Cup. That way, we can actually declare a World Champion. I would include the Japanese X-League and the CFL in that imo. Since they're also established football leagues, the champions of each league then go into a playoff, and the final two play for the World Cup.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry but which 4 US teams would lose? lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Jets, Lions, Raiders, and Jaguars. Oh, and the Dolphins. Plus, in football, you never know. Anyone can lose in any given game.
You think an NFL team would lose to any non-US team?

No. No shot. They'd win by 50 at least.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You think an NFL team would lose to any non-US team?

No. No shot. They'd win by 50 at least.

Depends on the team in question. The Bills lost to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the 60s during an exhibition game. Depending on the talent and who is playing, you never know. Plus, as the other countries' teams play the NFL more, they might develop into quite the formidable challenger.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Depends on the team in question. The Bills lost to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the 60s during an exhibition game. Depending on the talent and who is playing, you never know. Plus, as the other countries' teams play the NFL more, they might develop into quite the formidable challenger.
It was Hamilton and the Bills weren't in the NFL. But any NFL team would absolutely kill a non-US team. There's no "any given Sunday" in that scenario. Global leagues are equivalent to semi-pro leagues in the US. It would take a colossal shift that has no evidence of being possible for that to happen.

Remember Moritz Boehringer? He was the best player in Europe and never even sniffed the field in an NFL game lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It was Hamilton and the Bills weren't in the NFL. But any NFL team would absolutely kill a non-US team. There's no "any given Sunday" in that scenario. Global leagues are equivalent to semi-pro leagues in the US. It would take a colossal shift that has no evidence of being possible for that to happen.

Remember Moritz Boehringer? He was the best player in Europe and never even sniffed the field in an NFL game lol

Oh that's right. It was Hamilton. And sure, the Bills were in the AFL at the time, but that was still good competition. I get that it might be a beat down early on, but I suspect it'll probably be closer as teams from other countries start to figure out how to get to our level. The mere fact that they'd be on the same field as an NFL team might be quite the shock for them. Sort of like when a small university goes on the field against a big university. Though, sometimes, despite the difference in available talent, the small university will win despite all the odds.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
yeh just like London, ,.. more NFL football at 8:00 am in the morning.... yeh right, really looking forward to that.
:thumbdown:
Depends on where in the world you are...I've watched a Cowboys game at 3:30 am, so 8 am sounds good in comparison. :)

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

I agree. I loved NFL Europe. It was a great way to give a chance to a player who's good, but didn't quite make the cut on an NFL team. He could go play in Europe with the same rules as the NFL and maybe improve enough to make an NFL team. They also tested out new possible things for the sport, like their helmet cam.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
The NFL used to have that "College All Star Game" where the previous Super Bowl Winner/League Champion played a team of college all stars in one of the early preseason games. The league dropped it because the games were no longer competitive and teams didn't like losing training camp time for their best rookies.

Fun Fact: when the Cowboys played the game in 1972 the lone touchdown by the college all stars was by Robert Newhouse, the Cowboys second round pick and future full back.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Teams, even very good ones occasionally choke for whatever reason. It even happens in Super Bowls. So in 50 years, it's not even remotely unlikely that 1-4 teams would choke away a victory.
Yes it is.

You're talking about teams choking who are in the same league. A D-3 school would never beat Alabama - that's what we're talking about.

nobody

Reaction score
Yes it is.

You're talking about teams choking who are in the same league. A D-3 school would never beat Alabama - that's what we're talking about.

So you are saying that in 50 years, other leagues couldn't get good enough to maybe hang in there with a team that's choking bad? That's highly unrealistic. It would really depend on the popularity of the sport and dedication of people wanting to learn it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't like they have these games overseas, at any time of the day. I am just saying I don't mind a few games early in the morning. Though I will not wake up early, if I decide to sleep in just to watch them.
Unless it is Dallas of course.

I am usually awake by then anyway. So it is not an issue about waking up just for that.
I actually like the games starting early, gives me an easy excuse to not have to do anything..... all day,,, and I can get away with it.