NFL Games Thread

robertfchew

Reaction score
can someone explain to me the actual rule regarding picks? What are the pats doing with it to make it legal?

loublue22

Reaction score
They understand that priority one is scoring and it's not automatic. Start screwing around and you can blow it altogether.

If teams could just score whenever they wanted to they'd never be stopped. Why do some fans not understand?

There was a full minute left and they had a timeout, it was first and goal at the 1. Priority one is winning the game, strategy and clock management matters at all times. They should have let 20 seconds or so run off before they ran their first play. In this case Seattle missed the FG so it didn't cause a loss, but it easily could have.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Not for nothin but as a D you have to know in that situation - trips left - they gonna run a pick play - just have the 3 defenders, zone em up/ switch.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There was a full minute left and they had a timeout, it was first and goal at the 1. Priority one is winning the game, strategy and clock management matters at all times. They should have let 20 seconds or so run off before they ran their first play. In this case Seattle missed the FG so it didn't cause a loss, but it easily could have.

Comes back an hour and a half later and still...

giphy.gif

loublue22

Reaction score
whenever you see a guy wide open running towards the pilon on a goal line play, it's a pick play 100% of the time

loublue22

Reaction score
Comes back an hour and a half later and still...

giphy.gif
I was busy, and I addressed your point directly. There is no reason not to consider the clock as the offensive team in that scenario, as another poster pointed out it literally cost us a playoff game a couple years ago.