NFL games to be on 10 networks/streaming services this upcoming season

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think that's bad? Just wait another 3-4 years.
Exactly. For example, both Apple and Disney lost to Google for the league's Sunday Ticket this time. The NFL knows there are other programming competitors willing to fork over billions more for the rights to broadcast games.

It is nine providers for 2023, excluding Google. What is stopping the NFL from making deals with 15 providers when the current deals expire? The league's prize is BILLIONS more. I doubt they will bend to viewers who dislike how its product will be split far more than it already has.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Power of the almighty dollar.........and a stick it up yours to the fans. And the reason valuations on teams has skyrocketed. Jerry would NEVER sell this golden goose. It's like printing more and more money every year.

J12B

Reaction score
If Dallas ends up on that Peacock game. At least I will be in the DFW area. As thy must show it on a local channel here.

Pretty sure that game is already decided.

Week 15 Chargers Bills

loublue22

Reaction score
Pretty sure that game is already decided.

Week 15 Chargers Bills
Today it was announced that Peacock will have an exclusive Playoff game. Most likely it would be the least sexy AFC matchup, like Jacksonville and someone.

MS17

Reaction score
I would offer that the NFL media/program committee (or whatever they call it now) has plans on the drawing board for 2025 and beyond. Like for instance, spreading out the contracts (games) to even more outlets and networks to spur competition. Price goes up, the league is enriched and the fans are tossed a few crumbs.
I think we're like the little penniless kids with noses pressed against the window of the candy store. It stinks. Sure, "it's a business."

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Dallas ends up on that Peacock game. At least I will be in the DFW area. As thy must show it on a local channel here.
Who says they must? I know that's how it's been, but Peacock paid $110 million for "exclusive" rights. Hard to believe they'd forfeit the local market for that amount.

MS17

Reaction score
I said years ago that when the NFL went to a pay per view league that's when I'd be done with it. It looks like that's where it's heading. I refuse to get any of these streaming services just for one or 2 games.
You may have this right. An NFL league spokesman would probably reply to this with some gobbledegook about "trying to make the games as accessible to the fans as possible".
Assuming the market (fans) will gladly fork out the cost of subscribing to XX number of streaming sites for more games.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I said years ago that when the NFL went to a pay per view league that's when I'd be done with it. It looks like that's where it's heading. I refuse to get any of these streaming services just for one or 2 games.
That is certainly your prerogative, and I respect that. I already use Prime, Peacock, and ESPN Plus because they offer other things I enjoy, so if the NFL joins in, fine.

I won't pay YouTube TV's ransom for Sunday Ticket, but I never paid DirectTV for it either. They don't offer anything else I want, and the price is exorbitant compared to Prime, Peacock, and ESPN Plus, combined. Hard pass, during the few early Cowboys games I'll just follow on RedZone. I prefer watching that during the early games, anyway.