Video: NFL: Houston Texans vs. Dallas Cowboys Crazy Ending

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
When you need a goal line stand followed by a last minute 98 yard TD drive to beat a 1-10 team.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
That 1-10-1 team looked like it on offense, and Quinn’s stupid blitzing and crazy alignments hurts us against a team that was going to run, RPO, or throw short and quick. But that 1-10-1 team’s defense looked pretty awesome to me. Good pass pressure, pushing our guys back and hitting or crowding Dak all game. They played the best zone defense I’ve seen all year today. They stayed behind the receivers, looking in on the QB, and we’re flying up punishing receivers or knocking the ball down. They took Ceedee basically out of the game. Plus, their LBs were getting incredibly deep drops and finding ways to get hands or finger tips on passes that had to be dropped in between those dropping and those coming up strong from deeper.

That zone defense ok away outside runs, screens, and short passing game because their eyes were always on the QB. Most zones allow too much space. Today, these guys were almost always in position to come hard and quick on receivers.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
When you need a goal line stand followed by a last minute 98 yard TD drive to beat a 1-10 team.

hopefully it ignites both sides to play better

watched this develop and kept thinking Texans win on their O drive and no way we drive that far to a TD based on the other preceding efforts in the game

Qcard

Reaction score
Couple this drive with Prescott’s guaranties a victory on the sideline after the 2nd INT, could this be the turn?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Perfect throws. I wish he played like this the whole game every game.

Still, he played well when it mattered the most.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I missed the game, so good to see the one worthy drive it seems we had...

It is a lie that the Cowboys offense played poorly for 57 minutes, only to come up big in the final 3 minutes. The Cowboys marched right down the field to open the game. Then, the Cowboys offense overcame a muffed punt that led to a Houston TD, and with 12:28 left in the 2nd quarter, reclaimed the lead at 14-10. The offense didn't really start playing poorly until about 6 minutes before halftime. Even then, they marched down the field to tie the game at 17-17 just before halftime.

It would be more accurate to say that the Cowboys offense performed poorly for about 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter, and for much of the 2nd half - that is about 30 minutes of poor performance - not 57 minutes. I'm not saying that performing poorly for 30 minutes is a good thing. That will get you beat against better opponents. But even with the poor overall play, the Cowboys still scored 20 points prior to the last drive.

It is pure hyperbole to say the Cowboys played badly for all but the last 3 minutes of the game. That overly dramatizes the final 98 yard drive.