Video: NFL: Houston Texans vs. Dallas Cowboys Crazy Ending

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
"Even with the struggles for the offense throughout the game, this drive shows how special Dak is. Whew."

Dak is getting paid to perform for 60 minutes, right? Not just 2? The 58 minutes before that were nothing to brag about.

JayFord

Reaction score
it was against the Texans so it dont count

*farts* *goes on reddit for 12 hours in a row"

glimmerman

Reaction score
That fumbled punt really messed up the momentum. He don’t fumble that and we score another TD on that drive and it would have been a different game. We needed to jump on them early and go up by 2 TDs. Could have changed the way colts played..

Ken

Reaction score
"Even with the struggles for the offense throughout the game, this drive shows how special Dak is. Whew."

Dak is getting paid to perform for 60 minutes, right? Not just 2? The 58 minutes before that were nothing to brag about.
lol

Yet when it mattered the most...he was at his best.

Get over it.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This drive was a classic example of cashing in the yards the defense gives you. Whether it's soft spots in zone or being content with netting six yards instead of 16, we made the right calls vs. getting greedy.

We really need to use our TE's more and create those matchup problems more frequently.

Big D

Reaction score
That fumbled punt really messed up the momentum. He don’t fumble that and we score another TD on that drive and it would have been a different game. We needed to jump on them early and go up by 2 TDs. Could have changed the way colts played..
It's likely a blowout if he doesn't fumble there. What I want to know is when you have a dynamic returner like Turpin, why do you just let the gunners go free? He only needs a sliver of space and it seems the play was not designed to give him that. That was the play of the game for them and it looks like we just gave it up willingly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is a lie that the Cowboys offense played poorly for 57 minutes, only to come up big in the final 3 minutes. The Cowboys marched right down the field to open the game. Then, the Cowboys offense overcame a muffed punt that led to a Houston TD, and with 12:28 left in the 2nd quarter, reclaimed the lead at 14-10. The offense didn't really start playing poorly until about 6 minutes before halftime. Even then, they marched down the field to tie the game at 17-17 just before halftime.

It would be more accurate to say that the Cowboys offense performed poorly for about 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter, and for much of the 2nd half - that is about 30 minutes of poor performance - not 57 minutes. I'm not saying that performing poorly for 30 minutes is a good thing. That will get you beat against better opponents. But even with the poor overall play, the Cowboys still scored 20 points prior to the last drive.

It is pure hyperbole to say the Cowboys played badly for all but the last 3 minutes of the game. That overly dramatizes the final 98 yard drive.

I would say they played pretty poorly considering the opponent. Dallas play allowed Houston to stay in the game and gave them confidence to make it even harder.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's likely a blowout if he doesn't fumble there. What I want to know is when you have a dynamic returner like Turpin, why do you just let the gunners go free? He only needs a sliver of space and it seems the play was not designed to give him that. That was the play of the game for them and it looks like we just gave it up willingly.
He didn’t exactly break his back to try to recover it either.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you win?
Nah...Mexico team has come a long way...they've won the last six years...they had 82 players to our 25....they had 2 weeks of practice to our 2 days! Lol....we had a great time and opened some doors for our players. I was just asked this morning to be the HC at the 2 all star games in Mexico for 2023. Should be fun.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sounds like someone's sex life....

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That 1-10-1 team looked like it on offense, and Quinn’s stupid blitzing and crazy alignments hurts us against a team that was going to run, RPO, or throw short and quick. But that 1-10-1 team’s defense looked pretty awesome to me. Good pass pressure, pushing our guys back and hitting or crowding Dak all game. They played the best zone defense I’ve seen all year today. They stayed behind the receivers, looking in on the QB, and we’re flying up punishing receivers or knocking the ball down. They took Ceedee basically out of the game. Plus, their LBs were getting incredibly deep drops and finding ways to get hands or finger tips on passes that had to be dropped in between those dropping and those coming up strong from deeper.

That zone defense ok away outside runs, screens, and short passing game because their eyes were always on the QB. Most zones allow too much space. Today, these guys were almost always in position to come hard and quick on receivers.
The Niners zone is similar. Hopefully, Dak will learn from this game. The 98 yard drive was a good sign, but so many of his passes were inches from being tipped, and the receivers were getting punished on ever catch in that drive.

cowboybish

Reaction score
I just re-watched the final drive from the Texans game. Dak to Schultz was unstoppable and he was five for five and determined to win. 98 yards!

Creeper

Reaction score
I taped and rewatched the game last night.

My first thought is, who was that in Maliek Collins's uniform. It certainly was not the Maliek Collins who played for Dallas. Seriously, he played with his hair on fire most of the night. He gave all the Cowboys linemen a problem and was a wrecking ball.

The Cowboys pass rush was ineffective mostly because Mills was throwing a lot of quick passes. When Driskel was in the Cowboys were clearly looking for the run and laid back on the pass rush a bit. When they dropped back the got some pressure but I did not see many blitzes.

I wasn't particularly impressed with either Ball or Peters. I think if Peters has to play a full game against a quality pass rusher he is going to have problems. I am not just talking about him playing RT. Ball did a good job run blocking. His pass blocking was awful. btw, I didn't think Steele was having a very good game either before he got hurt.

Dak was awful but that was obvious on the first watch. His inaccuracy at times is difficult to explain. He threw a dumpoff to Pollard that could have been a first down that almost hit the ground. Pollard was wide open on the sideline. It looked like Dak was aiming the pass rather than firing it into Pollard's chest. But he was high and low on a lot of other passes. On the final drive he was deadly accurate. So where did he go for the rest of the game?

The refs let a lot go in this game, most of it hurt the Cowboys. Holding, hands to the face, blocks in the back, PI, and that pass McCarthy reviewed was incomplete. I have no idea how the replay officials missed that. The ball clearly came loose. It was a close game but the Cowboys could have won that game but more than the point spread without the mistakes by the Cowboys and refs. But even the punt that bounced at the one and then went sideways. Come on!

Turpin's muff, was actually two mistakes. I think the second was worse than the first. First he muffed the punt because I think he took his eyes off the ball. But then when the ball was on the ground, as he reached for it he took his eyes off it again. And missed the recovery. To me this mistake was worse than the initial muff. Every muffs one once in a while but once it is on the ground he had to recovery it immediately. It was right there until he swiped it away. When I played in high school I would have had to run 1000 laps for not recovering that ball.

After Hankins left the game, I only saw once play where maybe he would have made a stop. Otherwise Watkins, Odighizuwa, Bohanna and Gallimore did okay. LVE was the star against the run. He was hitting and making quick decisions and filling the hole. Yes, he made a couple of mistakes but overall he was pretty good.