News: NFL Insider: Not Surprised if Cowboys cut Jaylon Smith per Sports Illustrated

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Micah Parsons changes the entire 2nd level of this team. His leadership changes the entire defense. If we are picking top 5 and Tyron is good to go next season and we dont draft Sewell. Parsons all the way.

Yep Micah Parsons appears the consensus no.1 defensive player in the draft and plays the run and pass rushes.

It will be interesting closer to the draft as to where he's expected to go (mocks range him between 4-14) but he's opted out this year.

Whether we'd trade a top 5 pick (possibly foregoing Parsons) and obtaining multiple later picks.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yep Micah Parsons appears the consensus no.1 defensive player in the draft and plays the run and pass rushes.

It will be interesting closer to the draft as to where he's expected to go (mocks range him between 4-14) but he's opted out this year.

Whether we'd trade a top 5 pick (possibly foregoing Parsons) and obtaining multiple later picks.
Dont care about his opt out. The kid is UBER talented and transforms our defense. He is more impactful than anyone we could get on the DL or back end. And is an instant starter.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don’t see why he can’t be salvaged. He has played well in the past so it’s hard to call it solely a “he can’t move” thing.

Think he just got mentally lazy.

cern

Reaction score
we're not going to get rid of dak, so that leaves the hope the first pick will be for a defensive player. i would hope the 2nd as well. then we'll see.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dont care about his opt out. The kid is UBER talented and transforms our defense. He is more impactful than anyone we could get on the DL or back end. And is an instant starter.

I dont care about the opt-out either, it may mean he falls from top 5 especially if teams focus and draft on what they've this year.

Id draft him, but still interesting to see whether we'd trade the pick to improve on a number of positions.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Micah Parsons changes the entire 2nd level of this team. His leadership changes the entire defense. If we are picking top 5 and Tyron is good to go next season and we dont draft Sewell. Parsons all the way.

He is my target if they draft high enough.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Your take is more brutally honest but you’re right. Jaylon is a tackling machine because he hustles to the ball 6 yds downfield. The tackle numbers make him look good but when you watch the film he may be the worst lb I’ve ever watched. He can’t drive in that leg so he can’t get low, stack the block and make a tackle. That video of him getting completely fooled by a guy in motion to the point he ran away from the ball carrier was the perfect example of his inability to read and react. He literally ran away from the football. He is also one of the reasons we were dead last against the screen last season. He is awful and I have no personal animosity to him. I just say it like I see it.
This ^^^ - X1000

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He has over 400 tackles in 45 starts.

A pro bowl

Is on track for over 150 tackles this season, a stat in which he currently leads the league.

Honestly, we have bigger problems with the D.

#JaylonHate

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score

A pro bowl

Is on track for over 150 tackles this season, a stat in which he currently leads the league.

#JaylonHate

Do you own his jersey? I don't see why else someone would defend his play this hard. Last year he was a backup pro-bowler which was based on his 2018 pro-bowl, lets face it. Cowboys players are often overrated because of our fanbase when it comes Pro Bowl votes. Even Ken Hamlin got a nod to the Pro-Bowl after a meh season here.

DallasDomination

Reaction score

A pro bowl

#JaylonHate

Cool stat.

here’s a few more:

he leads the league in bad effort plays
He leads the league in being out of position
He leads the league in not knowing the assignment
He leads the league in having a clear eye view
He leads the league in poor effort plays
He leads the league in getting stood up by the blocker

but yeah... he’ll chase a guy down after 20 yards and get a tackle. Cool stat.

#Jaylonblows