News: NFL Insider: Not Surprised if Cowboys cut Jaylon Smith per Sports Illustrated

basel90

Reaction score
it is a bit too late. if he stay he is terrible. If he leaves it hits the cap space .

CWR

Reaction score
I honestly do not care what they get for Jaylon but I know we should be able to get something for him. Just 2 seasons ago it was said that we had the best duo at LB in the entire NFL and then Jaylon followed that up with a probowl season.

There will be DC's that will blame any poor play on coaching even this season. We have players that came from other teams that were pretty good just a year ago for example Griffen.....that looked like garbage for us but someone gave something for him. Price tag true was different but draft picks are valuable.

Regardless what we can or can't get moving on will be a clear case of addition by subtraction.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I honestly do not care what they get for Jaylon but I know we should be able to get something for him. Just 2 seasons ago it was said that we had the best duo at LB in the entire NFL and then Jaylon followed that up with a probowl season.

There will be DC's that will blame any poor play on coaching even this season. We have players that came from other teams that were pretty good just a year ago for example Griffen.....that looked like garbage for us but someone gave something for him. Price tag true was different but draft picks are valuable.
Too often we think there are other GMs out there like Jerry. We used to be able to rely on Dan Snyder, Al Davis etc...to make awful deals. But Al Davis is gone and we just played the Commanders.....which mean they saw Jaylon and have had seen him for a few years now. With Ron Rivera on their sideline....and Ron Rivera knowing solid LBer play when he see's it (Ron played for the Bears in the 80s, coached Thomas Davis, Sam Mills, Luke Keuckley) No one is going to bail us out of this failed experiment. It is not scheme. It is not physical limitations(although he is not 100%). He simply cannot play. I would feel a little optimistic if he was in the right place at the right time 80% of the time and simply cannot physically finish a play. But the reality is that he is rarely where he is supposed to be...and by the time he diagnoses what it happening...the play is almost over.

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
LOL NFL coaches, yet Smith is being considered not even good enough to be trade bait...

Jaclyn wouldn't even make good shark bait....he is a joke! He doesn't even have to dress up as a ghost for Halloween....he is already there.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Too often we think there are other GMs out there like Jerry. We used to be able to rely on Dan Snyder, Al Davis etc...to make awful deals. But Al Davis is gone and we just played the Commanders.....which mean they saw Jaylon and have had seen him for a few years now. With Ron Rivera on their sideline....and Ron Rivera knowing solid LBer play when he see's it (Ron played for the Bears in the 80s, coached Thomas Davis, Sam Mills, Luke Keuckley) No one is going to bail us out of this failed experiment. It is not scheme. It is not physical limitations(although he is not 100%). He simply cannot play. I would feel a little optimistic if he was in the right place at the right time 80% of the time and simply cannot physically finish a play. But the reality is that he is rarely where he is supposed to be...and by the time he diagnoses what it happening...the play is almost over.
You're GMing. Fact is just a year ago coaches not fans added him to the probowl

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

What do you see when you watch this season? He has been exposed. I was actually completely shocked he made the pro bowl when he did to be honest. Both he and LVE appeared to be a great up and coming young duo but that has proven to be wishful thinking. I find Jaylon to be about as soft as a LBER could ever be. He is a pretty boy type. Not an enforcer. His foot injury has robbed him of his speed and quickness. And despite how he looks, he isn't strong at the point of attack.

Watching him last year and THIS year, he is one of the worst linebackers I have seen. He shouldn't be starting. And LVE isn't that much better.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What do you see when you watch this season? He has been exposed. I was actually completely shocked he made the pro bowl when he did to be honest. Both he and LVE appeared to be a great up and coming young duo but that has proven to be wishful thinking. I find Jaylon to be about as soft as a LBER could ever be. He is a pretty boy type. Not an enforcer. His foot injury has robbed him of his speed and quickness. And despite how he looks, he isn't strong at the point of attack.

Watching him last year and THIS year, he is one of the worst linebackers I have seen. He shouldn't be starting. And LVE isn't that much better.

he leads the NFL in tackles.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I’m pulling for Jaylon and the defense with Poe gone. Just need them to be competitive,

ItzKelz

Reaction score

It is not about what I see. My point is that there are teams that will see value and may view any bad play as coaching issues as many do now.

ondaedg

Reaction score

Your take is more brutally honest but you’re right. Jaylon is a tackling machine because he hustles to the ball 6 yds downfield. The tackle numbers make him look good but when you watch the film he may be the worst lb I’ve ever watched. He can’t drive in that leg so he can’t get low, stack the block and make a tackle. That video of him getting completely fooled by a guy in motion to the point he ran away from the ball carrier was the perfect example of his inability to read and react. He literally ran away from the football. He is also one of the reasons we were dead last against the screen last season. He is awful and I have no personal animosity to him. I just say it like I see it.

ondaedg

Reaction score
he leads the NFL in tackles.

normally that’s a good thing. But take a few minutes to watch Jaylon on some plays and you will see some things that blow your mind. As an example, Watch the Vikings highlights from last season’s game against us and you will be screaming at the tv.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Do you think any of those coaches are going to advocate Jaylon for the pro bowl this year? LOL

With the poor Dline play the last two seasons Jaylon has been completely exposed.

So since you are so dialed into all the coaches opinions and all, what do you think Nolan thinks of Jaylon Smith?

FYI……………...LVE sucks too.

bububububububububut……………….he made the pro blow as an alternate before so the coaches love him!!!!! :muttley::muttley:
Micah Parsons changes the entire 2nd level of this team. His leadership changes the entire defense. If we are picking top 5 and Tyron is good to go next season and we dont draft Sewell. Parsons all the way.