NFL investigating Crawford

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The players should insist on an independent entity to handle player discipline issues.
And I'd bet Goodell would love that. I don't think he likes that part of the job at all but he's in charge of image and image = money.

However, the players work for the owners and they want their image controlled within, not by some independent entity. But that would get them off the hook. If an independent entity had dismissed the case against Elliott, the league would have been indemnified. Justice has been served. But as long as that panel ruled 4-0 in favor of discipline, Goodell had little choice.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Investigate what? A 20-something year old getting into a fight at a bar? Were any of these guys on this investigating committee ever young once? You go to a bar and drink and dumb things happen. It's just the way it goes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much of the players side is driven by agents.

Most or probably all agents have had players affected by Goodell's nonsense.
I don't know if everyone defines what he does regarding discipline as nonsense, he's the trigger man for the owners. I do not think the agents will have any control over the players regarding this as there's no money involved. What player is going to care about the other players in an agent's stable?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
When it went public, they had no choice. We have no idea of the things they investigate that never go anywhere because light wasn't shining on it.

Any Cowboy is going to make the news and every one of them will get an investigation when that happens. Hell, what other team always seems to have a player in time out? Posters get pissed but what about the morons that get into trouble? Some already have him innocent and don't know anything yet.

lol, I've been in trouble a time or two Coach. Spent a night in the drunk tank once. I've ridden in a couple of cop cars with bracelets. The dude abides now for the most part.

I would say moron is a bit harsh for a player who has never been in trouble and has no history of problems. Some judge him innocent and you judge him as a moron. Either way, it will never be judged in court apparently. Greg Hardy was a moron

jujoboys

Reaction score
Investigate what? A 20-something year old getting into a fight at a bar? Were any of these guys on this investigating committee ever young once? You go to a bar and drink and dumb things happen. It's just the way it goes.

TMZ now has the video up on their site. It shows Crawford fighting with 4 Bouncers at the club. Does not look good
What is the deal with this gestapo arm of the NFL?

No charges filled. No arrests made. Criminal case closed.

But here comes the federal bureau of the NFL to request videos and investigate. Seriously?

I thought their business was football?

Meanwhile Robert Kraft still owns a franchise.

TMZ now has the video up on their site. It shows Crawford fighting with 4 Bouncers at the club. Does not look good. I bet he gets suspended at least 2 games. The video does not show the altercation with the cops but that supposedly happened outside the club.

Btw, if Crawford played that hard in games he would be an All-Pro. Those bouncers were getting all they could handle.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
TMZ now has the video up on their site. It shows Crawford fighting with 4 Bouncers at the club. Does not look good

TMZ now has the video up on their site. It shows Crawford fighting with 4 Bouncers at the club. Does not look good. I bet he gets suspended at least 2 games. The video does not show the altercation with the cops but that supposedly happened outside the club.

I just watch it a few minutes ago. Hard to say how it started though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep but if that's made public, there will be questions because I have been in that very situation quite a few times and was forced to address it. Once it's public, everything changes. How many players have been in altercations in bars over the years with nothing happening beyond what took place in the bar vs something that gets the coverage. This gave the NFL no choice.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's not the point. The NFL isn't the only business that doesn't want it's employees involved in public incidents that involve violence, especially if caught on video. Like it or not, these guys are treated as representatives of the Cowboys and the NFL, and that doesn't stop at the door of the locker room. The players have to be aware of that.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I just watch it a few minutes ago. Hard to say how it started though.

Doesn't matter how it started. The fact he was mixing it up with bouncers and the cops were called is not a good thing. Usually bouncers get involved because the customer is too drunk and they want the customer to leave or the customer is fighting with other patrons.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol, I've been in trouble a time or two Coach. Spent a night in the drunk tank once. I've ridden in a couple of cop cars with bracelets. The dude abides now for the most part.

I would say moron is a bit harsh for a player who has never been in trouble and has no history of problems. Some judge him innocent and you judge him as a moron. Either way, it will never be judged in court apparently. Greg Hardy was a moron

I agree that it's not fair to call him a moron since we don't really know what precipitated the incident. But the players have to be aware that they are public figures, and everyone has a video recorder at their fingertips, so they do have to be careful.

jujoboys

Reaction score
That's not the point. The NFL isn't the only business that doesn't want it's employees involved in public incidents that involve violence, especially if caught on video. Like it or not, these guys are treated as representatives of the Cowboys and the NFL, and that doesn't stop at the door of the locker room. The players have to be aware of that.

Plus, we now have a video of the brawl which clearly shows Crawford mixing it up with at least 4 bouncers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wrongfully called him a moron, including him in the moron grouping as I don't know the facts.

Hell, ncn, I'll weigh my partying past against anybody's here but if I am part of the most publicized sports team in the world with every little thing examined and dissected and I am bringing down millions a year, I would be a little more careful. They could all drink at my place and I'd kicked their ***** there away from the cameras.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter how it started. The fact he was mixing it up with bouncers and the cops were called is not a good thing. Usually bouncers get involved because the customer is too drunk and they want the customer to leave or the customer is fighting with other patrons.

It might matter from a standpoint of the punishment handed down by the NFL, if any, but what you are saying is really why the NFL is obligated to look into it - and there is video evidence. Hopefully there is something we are not aware of, and there may be since he wasn't arrested, but on its face it's not a good look for Crawford.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I agree that it's not fair to call him a moron since we don't really know what precipitated the incident. But the players have to be aware that they are public figures, and everyone has a video recorder at their fingertips, so they do have to be careful.

No argument there Omer

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So 1-2 game suspension for pushing a couple of people, didnt even throw a punch.

Meanwhile, OBJ is in bed with a hooker doing coke off a pizza box and not a dam word was ever said by the NFL HQ.

:facepalm:

Is there a video?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It might matter from a stanpoint of the punishment handed down by the NFL, but what you are saying is really why the NFL is really obligated to look into it - there is video evidence. Hopefully there is something we are not aware of, but on its face t's not a good look for Crawford.
Agree, unless he was targeted and attacked wrongfully by one of the bouncers. Be interesting, in the usual Cowboys way, to find out what started it. The guy doesn't have this kind of history, not like he cruises looking for this kind of thing.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Doing coke off a pizza box with a hooker is kinda cool. Barfights are so....commonplace.

In the NFL's defense they have absolutely no proof that the substance was something illegal and did not have any witnesses come forward and say it was an illegal substance. For all we know it was parmesan cheese lined up to be put on the pizza. lol

However, it is hard to argue with a video that shows our DLineman tossing around bouncers like they are little children. Crawford is actually pretty impressive in the video. I think Dallas should use the video to hype up the team prior to games. Crawford looked like Aaron Donald tossing those guys around.