NFL investigating Patriots for possibly videotaping Bengals

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
This is the Pats secret sauce. The only reason I can think of why you would want to tape the Bengals of all teams is to show your players how not to suck and play.

Pape

Reaction score
Its hard to have any discourse with someone that can't discern "proven" from "suspected" or fact from conspiracy theory.
I learned a long time ago that you can argue until you are blue in the face about this stuff ... hate accompained by ignorance is an impossible barrier to surmount...

Tldr haters gonna hate, no matter what you say

Doomsay

Reaction score
Its hard to have any discourse with someone that can't discern "proven" from "suspected" or fact from conspiracy theory.
Only you, and apparently, the pats fans on this thread believe this, you are embarrassing the board.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only you, and apparently, the pats fans on this thread believe this, you are embarrassing the board.

You are one of the most ignorant people I have ever attempted to debate on here. Welcome to my ignore list with the other board idiots.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't get this.

Why do they need an advantage over a 1-12, AJ Greenless Bengal team?

Two things I'd like to mention. First, wasn't spygate something the Patriots got in trouble for against the Jets? An equally garbage team?

Secondly, I really don't think this had anything to do with the team. It was a completely different organization that did this. In order for the Patriots to get in trouble for this they'd have to link the two like a conspiracy. It's never going to happen.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two things I'd like to mention. First, wasn't spygate something the Patriots got in trouble for against the Jets? An equally garbage team?

Secondly, I really don't think this had anything to do with the team. It was a completely different organization that did this. In order for the Patriots to get in trouble for this they'd have to link the two like a conspiracy. It's never going to happen.

Goodell has proven over the years that he's not beholden to any standard of evidence. He can pretty much decree whatever the heck he wants..........sure it can be appealed, but guess who hears the appeal? Roger !

The Patriots will get smacked simply for embarrassing the league again and making news.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The Patriots had cleared it with the Browns PR department and were credentialed for the game but failed to inform the Bengals.

They were approved to do so? Lol.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't get this.

Why do they need an advantage over a 1-12, AJ Greenless Bengal team?
Cheaters are like liars......once they start it's hard for them to quit.

Cheating is belicheat's trade mark.........if he's found guilty again maybe a two year suspension and loss of draft picks might help.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Belichick after this:

IHB7VAK_d.jpg

Ghost12

Reaction score
They are caught taping the 4-12 Jets in the original spygate. They are caught taping the 1 win Bengals this time. What I think this tells you is that they tape every team they play.
To say the Jets were 4-12 in the "original spygate" is disingenuous. The "original spygate" was the first game of the 2007 season and the Jets were 10-6 the year before.

I think the guy who writes and draws "The Draw Play" has a great take on the whole thing. He is a Giants fan who enjoys the suffering of Patriots fans but gives a level headed review. It's too long to repost here, so here is the link

http://www.thedrawplay.com/

Ghost12

Reaction score
Folks bringing up the fact that it’s just the Bengals are missing the point; the Pats were likely doing this with many other teams, they just got caught with the Bengals.
Well, there’s an easy way to find out if they were doing it with other teams. They asked the Cleveland Browns for permission to be there, and the permission was granted and a credential was issued. So the simple, obvious solution is to see if they asked for the same credentials from several other teams earlier in the season.

I’d bet that’s one of the first things the NFL looked into during their investigation, and the answer to that question would go a long way towards determining if this was systemic or if it really was just a documentary being filmed. I don’t know the answer to the above but I hope we find out one way or the other (granted, nothing will satisfy the jealous haters but for the level headed amongst us, it will make for a much more informed opinion).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, what punishment should the Pats get for this? They clearly didn't learn after the last time.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Supposedly, Bill is furious about this because it is Kraft’s entertainment company doing. Maybe he wants out after this? Our new HC? :D

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Looking at the video that Fox showed on the pregame it seems pretty obvious the Pats are up to old tricks in my opinion.

The league needs to drop the hammer on them, enough is enough with them breaking the rules.

Ghost12

Reaction score
This video supports what the Patriots are saying 100%. Some clueless kid was shooting b-roll footage and there was no attempt to use any of this for a competitive advantage.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This video supports what the Patriots are saying 100%. Some clueless kid was shooting b-roll footage and there was no attempt to use any of this for a competitive advantage.

How do you figure, the advanced scout wasn't in any of the footage.

If anything the kid seemed nervous and didn't know what the heck to say.