NFL Issues Ruling on Turkeygate Celebration

Jipper

Reaction score
Should have fined them triple and said the NFL would match in donation to the salvation army, and match any donation stating it was in disagreement for the fine.

Use the power for good, help people

Pass2Run

Reaction score
...well, it was for good cause. It was HUGE thanksgiving ratings, Salvation Army and Dolly Parton.

Why tarnish it with fines?
It's the NFL way. That's how they roll. It would just look to silly on them this year, given how well Dak is playing. Didn't they get fined last year?

Flamma

Reaction score
What was even funnier were Commie fans and radio hosts talking about it. Dak was eating turkey during the game!!! That had to be tough to watch for the opposing team's fans.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What was even funnier were Commie fans and radio hosts talking about it. Dak was eating turkey during the game!!! That had to be tough to watch for the opposing team's fans.
And even some of our very own "fans."

jrumann59

Reaction score
wasn't there a rule about foreign objects being stashed for celebrations? After Joe Horn had a marker, someone else hid something in the goal post padding.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Good. Make it a tradition not to fine use of the kettle. It is for a great cause….unlike the Lambeau Leap. When it was allowed, but all other celebrations were not.

No fine ever should or should have been.
I'm surprised by it, but I agree.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I was all one big conspiracy.

A Salvation Army kettle.

And a turkey leg.
======

"The NFL has made a decision on discipline for the Dallas Cowboys’ Thanksgiving Day Salvation Army kettle celebrations, and it is a surprising one.

The league will not hand down any discipline to Cowboys players after they pulled turkey legs out of the kettle in a blowout win over Washington, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network."

LINK: https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nfl-salvation-army-cowboys-celebration-fine/624950
I'm not sure I buy the reasoning of the kettle not being used as a prop while past celebrations used it as one. Zeke got fined in 2018 for putting both money and Dak in the kettle. I don't think that's different than taking turkey legs out of the kettle or putting in either Turpin or Bland.

Maybe the league just hates Zeke, or maybe it's starting to relax some on the kettle fines since we include them every year in celebrations.

gimmesix

Reaction score
wasn't there a rule about foreign objects being stashed for celebrations? After Joe Horn had a marker, someone else hid something in the goal post padding.
A player is not allowed to bring one on the field. Don't know if having a staff member stash one in a red kettle skirts the rule.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I was all one big conspiracy.

A Salvation Army kettle.

And a turkey leg.
======

"The NFL has made a decision on discipline for the Dallas Cowboys’ Thanksgiving Day Salvation Army kettle celebrations, and it is a surprising one.

The league will not hand down any discipline to Cowboys players after they pulled turkey legs out of the kettle in a blowout win over Washington, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network."

LINK: https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nfl-salvation-army-cowboys-celebration-fine/624950
Yet the Packers can drink beer when they jump in the stands...No one blinks

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yet the Packers can drink beer when they jump in the stands...No one blinks
I gotta say, them boys funny.

It's even funnier when they win.

You have to win to make any schtick work. When you play like Dak has been playing, he can people out of a bucket, and eat a Turkey Leg on T-day.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Terrell Owens hid the Sharpie, Joe Horn hid a cell phone

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The NFL just suspended one of their cameramen for being involved in a Tyreek Hill celebration. Hill grabbed his cellphone and did a flip, it's ironic, since he was hired as a content creator and then gets suspended for creating content. Hill. to his credit, steps up and is going to pay the kid for his missed salary.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti..._tyreek_hill_td_celebration/s1_13132_39600511

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Good. Make it a tradition not to fine use of the kettle. It is for a great cause….unlike the Lambeau Leap. When it was allowed, but all other celebrations were not.

No fine ever should or should have been.
Do you think it benefits the Salvation Army more if we would have gotten fined? The NFL plays the heel and sparks public outrage to drive donations. The public basically says I'll show the mean old NFL and donate money to SA, nothing drives action like good old fashioned public outrage.......... lol

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think it benefits the Salvation Army more if we would have gotten fined? The NFL plays the heel and sparks public outrage to drive donations. The public basically says I'll show the mean old NFL and donate money to SA, nothing drives action like good old fashioned public outrage.......... lol
I think it can work either way. There are those that will donate because they agree with the NFL and will applaud them for no fines. Let them have fun mentality.