Recap: NFL: Jimmy Garappolo on Trey Lance’s future with Dak and what went wrong with 49ers

nobody

Reaction score
wth are you talking about? Youve clearly never paid attention to any of my posts. Anyone familiar with me knows i am no Dak fan.

Let me say this again. Lance was not brought in to light any "Fire," or to "Push," Dak. When the Cowboys do a 4 year180+ million extension for Dak with a crap load of upfront money this year.... you will know where Lance stands.
I don't think Lance is even close to ready to challenge for the position. I don't think Dak can get it done but he's rightfully QB1. I think he has to be extended because of his idiotic contract gives them no real choice. That being said, if Dak makes some mental changes he'd be fine and not just a regular seasons warrior and playoff choker.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Despite being a "physically limited" seventh round pick Brock Purdy had several advantages over Trey Lance.

1. He's played a lot more football in college.
2. He played that football at a higher level of competition.
3. He stayed healthy (until his postseason elbow issue).

Lance was a bad fit in San Francisco because as another poster has said, he was a long term project on a win now team. There was no way Lance was going to be allowed to take the lumps he was going to take starting right away on a loaded roster. Shanny got impatient and pulled the plug on Lance every chance he got.

While Lance will not get anything more than scout team reps in Dallas (yet), he's not burdened by unrealistic expectations here. Lance will get the 2023 season to learn the offense. Then he will get the entire 2024 offseason program and then training camp and the preseason to play. Dak won't get those reps just like this year.

This puts Lance in a pressure free environment to prove whether or not he can be a franchise guy at this level. The potential return for the Cowboys is huge. I am a Dak fan 100 percent, but imagine if they have their next franchise QB in waiting. And again only at the cost of a 4th round pick.