Twitter: NFL may be trying to make an example out of Zeke

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can you think of anyone better for them to use to make a point? He already gave them cause when he pulled that parade stunt while under investigation and while this latest doesn't really seem that bad, it's part of a pattern that he just doesn't care. He's going to do what he wants to do.
Yeppers

At some point the league might determine Jerry is part of the problem pursuing and embracing these type of athletes.

They’ve already fined us for having too many players suspended. Perhaps a suspension of Jerry might get his attention. I don’t think losing draft picks would be enough.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The only thing consistent in the NFL, is their inconsistency on how to handle these situations
He’s an idiot and I personally don’t want him in a Cowboys uniform any longer. Time to cut bait. Let some other franchise take the risk. There obviously isn’t much of a brain inside that huge skull.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A hefty fine within the confines of the CBA and a meeting at NFL HQ with Goodell or Troy Vincent should suffice. Don't disclose the fine amount or the punishment...and keep it moving.
Not the purpose of making an example and there's nothing the league hates worse than any player getting drunk and publicly intimidating a civilian. That's their #1 rule and he's on video doing that to a woman and then the guard.

Add to that previously, they had another Cowboy in the news confronting a bunch of bouncers. The example they might want to make isn't either of those players but the only owner to publicly want to do away with the off field behavior issues. Booger is seen as not only allowing this type of behavior but condoning it by his inaction to ever discipline one player. Hell, he even makes excuses for them. At least he got a couple of players keepers and it looks like this one needs one but I think that would be a real problem.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Yeppers

At some point the league might determine Jerry is part of the problem pursuing and embracing these type of athletes.

They’ve already fined us for having too many players suspended. Perhaps a suspension of Jerry might get his attention. I don’t think losing draft picks would be enough.

There are plenty of teams that deal with many more arrests than Dallas. The media likes to make it seem worse in Dallas, which is not true.

Sydla

Reaction score
It is a nothing incident. The league taking action doesn't change that.

It's not a "nothing incident" when you have a track record of issues off the field and already have faced the NFL firing squad. If Jason Witten or Julio Jones do something like this, it disappears quickly. Because for those guys, they have zero track record of stupidity off the field. But if Elliott or Hill or any other player with a history of off the field issue does it, it's going to be an issue.

You may not like it, but that's the reality. You can't just take Elliott off the field situations and put them in a vacuum and ignore the bigger picture here.

It's downright perplexing that you guys continually don't grasp this concept.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is a nothing incident. The league taking action doesn't change that.
Normally I’d agree but not with a high profile player with not only history with DV but history of ignoring authority. Like his celebrity status is above the law and the strong arm of the NFL.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Nah, nothing to see here. I’ve been told by several posters this is a nothing incident and we shouldn’t be concerned. Jerry running his mouth, as he always does, by publicly stating he didn’t think the league would do anything about it just encourages the league even further to prove to Jerry that he doesn’t make the decisions, they do.

Lol exactly. People were saying “ah it’s no big deal”, have they been paying attention? In the grand scheme of things it matters if the league thinks it’s a big deal, which of course they will.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he played for one of the most popular teams on earth he would.
Could you imagine if Hill was a Cowboy? And therein lies the rub, any Cowboy is going to get some extra light. Outside of diehards, who in the hell know who Crawford was?

He does that as a Chief? Yawn but every player on that team has to know the price of fame when they put on that uniform as it comes with the territory and has been earned with some really bad actors in the past. This entire reality show called the Cowboys is unlike any in sports history.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I know zeke has developed a rep for being not smart, but Tyreek Hill has done much more and doesn't seem to be in the news 24 7. Especially after his last run in with his 3 year old.
Can you imagine if Zeke's dog bit someone or if he was involved with animal cruelty. You'd think he was the only guy they're allowed to cover or try to make a story.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are plenty of teams that deal with many more arrests than Dallas. The media likes to make it seem worse in Dallas, which is not true.
I’m not sure about arrest but no other teams have had as many suspended players in a certain time frame and why we were fined accordingly a couple years ago.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL athletes aren't charm school graduates, but there is a certain amount of over the line stuff that just disgusts me about Zeke's behavior. Has he no pride or remorse?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Nah, nothing to see here. I’ve been told by several posters this is a nothing incident and we shouldn’t be concerned. Jerry running his mouth, as he always does, by publicly stating he didn’t think the league would do anything about it just encourages the league even further to prove to Jerry that he doesn’t make the decisions, they do.

And those posters would be wrong....There is a certain "group" that goes around and says things....thinking in their minds...if it's said enough...then it must be true.

Which is not the case....

What ever punishment the NFL hands out...Zeke deserves. The guy is on par w/ Joe Randle when it comes to thinking things out....staying out of trouble.

He escalated that fight w/ the security official....in a drunken stuper.

Cowboy fans have been in denial ever since....hoping it would just go away. Well...It's not.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's another 6 game ban if not more.:rolleyes:

And sadly....some fans will crucify me for speaking the truth. Flame suit on..

I just hope the franchise is smart enough to not give this guy a huge contract...or @ least write language into the deal...as if he screws up again...the deal becomes void.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out....regardless...I would have signed some RB insurence by now. Jay Ajayi still just sitting there...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Could you imagine if Hill was a Cowboy? And therein lies the rub, any Cowboy is going to get some extra light. Outside of diehards, who in the hell know who Crawford was?

He does that as a Chief? Yawn but every player on that team has to know the price of fame when they put on that uniform as it comes with the territory and has been earned with some really bad actors in the past. This entire reality show called the Cowboys is unlike any in sports history.
The Cowboys fame is part of it. But the fact Jerry has pursued and embraced more of these suspended type athletes is a bigger part of it. Jerry even encouraged and aided Elliott to fight the suspension.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol exactly. People were saying “ah it’s no big deal”, have they been paying attention? In the grand scheme of things it matters if the league thinks it’s a big deal, which of course they will.
Anything that casts any shadow on that image is a big deal but when it comes form the brightest light, you can bet it matters.

The irony of this is that he was the only one speaking out against testing for pot and off field behavior investigations and if he'd take care of his own house, they might have consider that. It is only seen as self serving for an owner refusing to police his own players and I have little respect for him because of that. I don't know what the hell the man stands for but it is apparent to any owner, they have to take matters into their own hands with their image because he will do nothing.