News: NFL: Mike McCarthy on Earl Thomas: Cowboys 'very confident' in current roster

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
If the pats signed him everyone would be like.... bellicheck is a genius etc etc.

If he’s willing to come here at a reasonable price you have to at least try and make it work. Again if it you cut him. No harm no foul.

It ain’t like McCarthy hasn’t dealt with headaches before.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lots of different personalities in locker rooms. If they are mature enough to leave it on the field, it doesn't matter.
Well that was my point. If he’s mature enough. If not, I don’t want him. When are you going to let me come to your ranch and shoot a pig?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thomas hit his peak 3/4 years ago. Pass.

From an article I found on a Ravens blog:

Thomas was largely avoided by opposing passers in 2019, only being thrown at 14 times in 547 coverage snaps according to Pro Football Focus. Thomas allowed a mere six receptions and zero touchdown passes into his coverage.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well that was my point. If he’s mature enough. If not, I don’t want him. When are you going to let me come to your ranch and shoot a pig?
Lol! I only have cows, but there is a family of wild hogs roaming around down the road. I'll let you know if they ever cross the fence. I might need an exterminator!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
From an article I found on a Ravens blog:

Thomas was largely avoided by opposing passers in 2019, only being thrown at 14 times in 547 coverage snaps according to Pro Football Focus. Thomas allowed a mere six receptions and zero touchdown passes into his coverage.

So his exit from Seattle was bizarre. Guy has a pending domestic violence charge he is defending against. Missed 19 games his last 3 years in Seattle. Got cut for fighting teammates in Baltimore. Clearly something is not right. Baltimore and Seattle are among the top run teams in the league. They moved on. Yet with all this baggage some Dallas Fans want him. It boggles the mind.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So his exit from Seattle was bizarre. Guy has a pending domestic violence charge he is defending against. Missed 19 games his last 3 years in Seattle. Got cut for fighting teammates in Baltimore. Clearly something is not right. Baltimore and Seattle are among the top run teams in the league. They moved on. Yet with all this baggage some Dallas Fans want him. It boggles the mind.

I want the team to explore the possibility. Talk to him. If they are satisfied with what they hear, then sign him because he's better than anything we've got. Set the contract up so that we can drop him just as quickly if he acts out.

That some fans don't want to consider possibly ways to make the team better because of their own preconceived notions boggles the mind.

Big_D

Reaction score
If the pats signed him everyone would be like.... bellicheck is a genius etc etc.

If he’s willing to come here at a reasonable price you have to at least try and make it work. Again if it you cut him. No harm no foul.

Bellichick is a genius with or without Thomas.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agreed....but the answer to your last point is our safeties are that bad.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I want the team to explore the possibility. Talk to him. If they are satisfied with what they hear, then sign him because he's better than anything we've got. Set the contract up so that we can drop him just as quickly if he acts out.

That some fans don't want to consider possibly ways to make the team better because of their own preconceived notions boggles the mind.

Preconceived notions? The evidence against ET is significant. Preconceived notions...yeah right.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Preconceived notions? The evidence against ET is significant. Preconceived notions...yeah right.

Preconceived notions because you don't know more about Thomas than you read.

I've had employees that I've hired that had problems elsewhere. My managerial style appeared to work well with them, plus they knew if they didn't fly right this was going to be their last chance.

cern

Reaction score
Lol! I only have cows, but there is a family of wild hogs roaming around down the road. I'll let you know if they ever cross the fence. I might need an exterminator!
I get them on my ranch from time to time. I like to shoot them with my marlin 45/70. I use hornady 325 grain ftx loads.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

the pats culture is different...... you come in. you fit in. you don't. you are gone. owner doesn't meddle. everyone knows their role. bilicheck has been there for 20 years...different situation all together.

75boyz

Reaction score
I see your point and have said many of the same things. My main issue is that if MM isn't on board with it, Jerry would be publicly neutering him and we're back to having a HC that nobody is going to respect because they can just go to Jerry. If MM is on board and if it's for a cheap price and language in the contract that we could get out of if he acts up, I'd be ok with it. Otherwise, I'm out.

Yep. Absolutely. Make this required reading. Lol :)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Preconceived notions because you don't know more about Thomas than you read.

I've had employees that I've hired that had problems elsewhere. My managerial style appeared to work well with them, plus they knew if they didn't fly right this was going to be their last chance.

You sound like boss of the decade material. Good for you. You ever hear of the Mosaic Theory? Apply that to ET. Sprinkle in common sense and decades of data on NFL players on the other side of 30. The probability ET wouldn’t work is high. Sorry if that offends you.

bigE79

Reaction score
What else is MM supposed to say.."well umm,yes our guys suck and we better get ET asap"...lol

jrumann59

Reaction score
This article was posted Monday MM comments about talking about a couple days ago came from Fri or Sat when Thomas was still a Raven.