NFL Moment of the Year

DFWJC

Reaction score
I appreciate that, however it was a historicaly bad season for quarterback play as well as multiple season ending injuries.

If Dak doesn't get 4 tds against the commodes, trying to lose the game, he would have only had 32 TDs.

Marino had 48 in the mid 80s in only 16 games.

Let's keep things in perspective when discussing MVP level play....and BTW, Lamar didn't exactly turn the league inside out either
I usually keep track of the Total Tds - Total Turnovers stats for QBs each year.

In part due to really piling up some TD numbers vs bottom 3 pass defenses (a whopping 5 games vs those teams), Dak had a very good number this year of PLUS 27 in 17 games. Not MVP-level good (neither was Lamar's) but still good on paper.
But 15 of those TDs came vs those bottom 3 teams

The QB play in general was down this year in the regular season.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Remember that NFL moment of the year when the Cowboys made it 7-3 over the Lions in the 1st quarter?
This was the moment of the year in the NFL.......make no mistake. If it wasn't for this....The Lions could very well be playing today. No way in hell do the 49ers comeback in Detroit.

taylor_decker_reporting.0.png

shabazz

Reaction score
I usually keep track of the Total Tds - Total Turnovers stats for QBs each year.

In part due to really piling up some TD numbers vs bottom 3 pass defenses (a whopping 5 games vs those teams), Dak had a very good number this year of PLUS 27 in 17 games. Not MVP-level good (neither was Lamar's) but still good on paper.
But 15 of those TDs came vs those bottom 3 teams

The QB play in general was down this year in the regular season.
....and unfortunately we ran into a ascending QB in Love.

He didn't set any records that day but he was efficient, didn't turn the ball over and wasn't sacked......we should have made him look like a rookie instead of a veteran

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who threw the forced interception for easy early TD? when the game was still even.

The defense? How about we SCORE there? Ya think that might help a little?

See how DUMB you look?

I really can't believe...fans like you exist. You make excuses for ONE player.

I already made it known...the whole team is to blame...yet you are such a ____ that you STILL think I just blame Dak? GOD....people are so stupid. Then the complain how dumb OTHER people look?

Millions of years of evolution...perhaps thousands of years of divine inspiration...and you are all we have?

But of course you are why we are doomed.
IMG-0424.gif

bottleKids

Reaction score
Who threw the forced interception for easy early TD? when the game was still even.

The defense? How about we SCORE there? Ya think that might help a little?

See how DUMB you look?

I really can't believe...fans like you exist. You make excuses for ONE player.

I already made it known...the whole team is to blame...yet you are such a ____ that you STILL think I just blame Dak? GOD....people are so stupid. Then the complain how dumb OTHER people look?

Millions of years of evolution...perhaps thousands of years of divine inspiration...and you are all we have?

But of course you are why we are doomed.
The other thing that is never mentioned, is how quick and many times our offense went 4 and out or gave the ball back to the Packers in the first half. Of course our defense is going to stink, they are on the field the entire half! But there is no reasoning with these people so don't even waste your breath. Here are the priorities for most of them:

1.) make Dak highest paid player in the nfl (they all think they are his second cousin or something)
2.) Complain about how CeeDee and Micha talk too much and need to be accountable for the loss against GB (they will never say Dak was at fault)
3.) remind the rest of us Dak was second in MVP voting (he got 1 out of 50 votes pathetic this is a thing for them but it is)
4.) Complain about coaches and defense
5.) THEN they will add " Do whats best for the team"

CCBoy

Reaction score
The other thing that is never mentioned, is how quick and many times our offense went 4 and out or gave the ball back to the Packers in the first half. Of course our defense is going to stink, they are on the field the entire half! But there is no reasoning with these people so don't even waste your breath. Here are the priorities for most of them:

1.) make Dak highest paid player in the nfl (they all think they are his second cousin or something)
2.) Complain about how CeeDee and Micha talk too much and need to be accountable for the loss against GB (they will never say Dak was at fault)
3.) remind the rest of us Dak was second in MVP voting (he got 1 out of 50 votes pathetic this is a thing for them but it is)
4.) Complain about coaches and defense
5.) THEN they will add " Do whats best for the team"
They retain a starter at quarterback and free up immediate cap for roster use now.

Now, does that have anything to do with momentum completely derailed by the defenses failures until the second half?

For sure, it's easier to just dog ear a stomach bump and complain...

bottleKids

Reaction score
They retain a starter at quarterback and free up immediate cap for roster use now.

Now, does that have anything to do with momentum completely derailed by the defenses failures until the second half?

For sure, it's easier to just dog ear a stomach bump and complain...
I accept Dak is not going anywhere..... but don't make him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Yes I am going to complain because I want the resources to put the best team around Dak, who is not ellite, and needs top end pieces around him to succeed. Let's pay him like a bottom top 10 QB ... 50 million. If he hold out and pushes for 60 million then what? We will pay that of course, but guess what all those so called defensive failures you mentioned gets harder to plug.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I accept Dak is not going anywhere..... but don't make him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Yes I am going to complain because I want the resources to put the best team around Dak, who is not ellite, and needs top end pieces around him to succeed. Let's pay him like a bottom top 10 QB ... 50 million. If he hold out and pushes for 60 million then what? We will pay that of course, but guess what all those so called defensive failures you mentioned gets harder to plug.
The scheme improvements strengthen rhythm that changes momentums.