NFL Moment of the Year

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
God forbid anyone say anything positive about the team they come here to discuss... because they're fans! :rolleyes:
I respect you a lot. But a lot of the negative reaction this has gotten has a lot to do with timing, and the OP throwing Emmitt under the bus, saying he is not the brightest of bulbs, because Emmitt said something negative about Dak's effort. People are still upset about the lack of effort the cowboys in General put up in the playoffs, with the Quarterback giving one of the least inspiring efforts out of almost all of the QBs that were in the playoffs. What good does watching something that was posted for Dak Propaganda do us at this point, when tomorrow the 49ers will be playing in a superbowl? To many of us, there are people here who disrespected one of our greatest legends, showing that they are fans of one player and not the Cowboys, and then they go on posting an iltimed propaganda piece.

shabazz

Reaction score
I get the joke but the bottom line is, of all the MVP candidates Lamar and Dak were the only two to get any first place votes.

Yes, Jackson blew Dak out in this regard but it's not the point I was making.
I appreciate that, however it was a historicaly bad season for quarterback play as well as multiple season ending injuries.

If Dak doesn't get 4 tds against the commodes, trying to lose the game, he would have only had 32 TDs.

Marino had 48 in the mid 80s in only 16 games.

Let's keep things in perspective when discussing MVP level play....and BTW, Lamar didn't exactly turn the league inside out either

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I respect you a lot. But a lot of the negative reaction this has gotten has a lot to do with timing, and the OP throwing Emmitt under the bus, saying he is not the brightest of bulbs, because Emmitt said something negative about Dak's effort. People are still upset about the lack of effort the cowboys in General put up in the playoffs, with the Quarterback giving one of the least inspiring efforts out of almost all of the QBs that were in the playoffs. What good does watching something that was posted for Dak Propaganda do us at this point, when tomorrow the 49ers will be playing in a superbowl? To many of us, there are people here who disrespected one of our greatest legends, showing that they are fans of one player and not the Cowboys, and then they go on posting an iltimed propaganda piece.
Thank you, you've always had my respect as well.

Personally, I feel very strongly that Dak was incredibly fortunate to even have a chance of throwing that ball to CeeDee. However, he took advantage of the opportunity, and CeeDee was the other half of the play, just all out balling.

That's was the award was about. It was, as it should be, a standalone play that had nothing to do with any other moment during, or after the season. It had nothing to do with any media, Jerry, McCarthy, or Emmitt.

I understand that people are still upset, and that's their right, but we should all see that particular play for what it was; an outstanding and exciting moment. Some people think Bland's record breaking interception should have won, and I can't argue that, because it was also an excellent moment. That doesn't take away the accomplishment. Whatever other arguments people have in this thread should have no bearing on whether or not the play was worthy of the honor.

What I don't understand is why so many people are still taking the loss personally, as if the team intentionally let them down. It's been over for weeks. The only people who might benefit from being angry are the people who can actually make changes. The negativity doesn't do anyone any good. All it does is fester, because, contrary to the axiom, misery does not love company.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure how you can continue to be so wrong so often.

But hey...whatever your cute little brain needs to do....fine by me.

Let's go to admin. Ask them...if i am, perma band. If not, you are.

Come on big tough guy. Put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise you might try to cool it a bit.

While we're at it, we can check to see if YOU have other accounts. I have found in recent years the people that falsely accuse others are most often the ones doing it.
Well, you’re acting like he did when he first came on the scene. Tried to be objective initially, but quickly fell into their true selves.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Totally irrelevant.
Why would he go around as mountaineer if he has an account that predates that one? I'd assume if someone would want to have multiple accounts, they would've noticeably post their view point in their original main account first and then reinforced with the backup accounts they don't care as much about. Just pointing out, your accusation made little sense from a logical standpoint.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Look who was the 2nd best 3rd down conversion percentage QB.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

D1-DA29-D0-D460-43-C9-BCF8-59-BE4-ABC6130.gif
Who was the first QB to lose at home to a 7 seed?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, you’re acting like he did when he first came on the scene. Tried to be objective initially, but quickly fell into their true selves.
I'm disappointed with the teams butt whipping and have been critical of all of it. You have such a Dak crusade agenda that you refuse to see my others posts.

I have been VERY vocal criticizing our Oline/run game, and defensive run stopping. But have you replied to any of them? NOPE.

But you get on me in ONE SECOND if I post a negative dak opinion. FACT.

Dak's regular season was superb, mostly...in mho. His playoff performance was abysmal. If you want to call that flip flopping to soothe you sensitive ego....fine. It's just the facts. Can you handle them or not?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why would he go around as mountaineer if he has an account that predates that one? I'd assume if someone would want to have multiple accounts, they would've noticeably post their view point in their original main account first and then reinforced with the backup accounts they don't care as much about. Just pointing out, your accusation made little sense from a logical standpoint.
Also, if he was here before Rocky, how would Rocky know his posting style, when he "first came on the scene"?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember that NFL moment of the year when the Cowboys made it 7-3 over the Lions in the 1st quarter?

kskboys

Reaction score
Eeeeeek.

I admit I shouldn't have even peeked at this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear, the Dak haters and lovers are married couples who just love to spat. Most of their posts are about each other. I doubt if any of them even know what a low percentage pass is, or lateral agility or burst or mirroring ability or any generall NFL terms.

But, by all means carry on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

It was a great play.

This "REGULAR SEASON Moment of the Year" is amazing.

People keep complaining about not winning anything in 30 years.... but look here, this is right up there with ANY superbowl.

Now all the fans that are 45 and under finally know what it's like to be The Best. I bet all the other teams are jealous, and constantly thinking about us.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm disappointed with the teams butt whipping and have been critical of all of it. You have such a Dak crusade agenda that you refuse to see my others posts.

I have been VERY vocal criticizing our Oline/run game, and defensive run stopping. But have you replied to any of them? NOPE.

But you get on me in ONE SECOND if I post a negative dak opinion. FACT.

Dak's regular season was superb, mostly...in mho. His playoff performance was abysmal. If you want to call that flip flopping to soothe you sensitive ego....fine. It's just the facts. Can you handle them or not?
And why do you think he struggled in the playoffs when they couldn’t run the ball so the defense only had to defend the pass. And how exactly did he let the Packers run all over the place huh? See how dumb y’all look?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And why do you think he struggled in the playoffs when they couldn’t run the ball so the defense only had to defend the pass. And how exactly did he let the Packers run all over the place huh? See how dumb y’all look?
Who threw the forced interception for easy early TD? when the game was still even.

The defense? How about we SCORE there? Ya think that might help a little?

See how DUMB you look?

I really can't believe...fans like you exist. You make excuses for ONE player.

I already made it known...the whole team is to blame...yet you are such a ____ that you STILL think I just blame Dak? GOD....people are so stupid. Then the complain how dumb OTHER people look?

Millions of years of evolution...perhaps thousands of years of divine inspiration...and you are all we have?

But of course you are why we are doomed.