NFL Network: Barber more exciting than Peterson?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Did anyone see the teaser about why Barber is more exciting than Peterson? I forgot what show said they were going to discuss this and when it is going to air. Anyone know?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
viman96;1715831 said:
Did anyone see the teaser about why Barber is more exciting than Peterson? I forgot what show said they were going to discuss this and when it is going to air. Anyone know?

Barber is a great physical runner who really punishes people when he hits. Too bad he doesn't have AD's speed.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Danny White;1715837 said:
Barber is a great physical runner who really punishes people when he hits. Too bad he doesn't have AD's speed.

The commish would suspend him for 6 months if that was true......:bang2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1715841 said:
The commish would suspend him for 6 months if that was true......:bang2:

CrazyCowboy made a funny! :laugh2:

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1715860 said:
Apples to oranges, 2 diff styles, not talent...;)

LOL.....OK. :D

Are the they both RB's.....check.
Who would every GM in the league rather have.........AD.
Why?...................Talent. :cool:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Exciting? Thats a relative question based on opinion. If the draft was today and both were on the board. I take Peterson everytime. Just a flat out better player. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Barber! :laugh2:

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
He's more exciting because instead of taking a small loss on a play, he would rather back up a few more yards, switch fields, and reverse in his own end zone in a close game a risk a safety for a 2 yard gain.

Before the MB3 lovers come to bash me. He does run with power and heart, which I love. This play showed me why he should not be starting. Just my 0.02.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I love Barber, I think I'm gonna get his jersey.. He's an exciting player that is a ton of fun to watch.. One of my favorite current Cowboys, along with Roy, Newman, Ware, Romo, TO and Witten..

That being said, Peterson is much better than Barber.. That's no judgment on Barber's skills, it's a praise of Peterson's once-in-a-generation skills.. Barber is very good.. Peterson is special..

It's funny though, cause I was talking with my brother the other day about both of them and we both agreed that their styles are similar, in that they go 100% every single play (which is rare) and they are both very physical runners who like to give out punishment more than they take it.. We came to the conclusion that Barber was just a slower, smaller, less talented Peterson.. Okay, that sounded bad but it wasn't meant that way..

One thing is for sure, the two of them are the best back-up RBs in the NFL.. ;)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
viman96;1715831 said:
and yet our coaches use him as a "change of pace" back:rolleyes:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
hahaha

this thread has gotten a bit off topic :rolleyes:

I believe they were going to talk about this on Playbook. Anyone else see the promo?

Q_the_man

Reaction score
90% of this board said that Mcfadden was better then Peterson. Man that's why I was hoping we could have traded up for Peterson, I knew he was a hog and would dominate.....

I remember watching the OU- Texas game when Peterson made Benson look like a 4th round pick, I was shocked to see Benson get picked top 5, because if anybody can go watch that game right there u saw Benson would be a bust compared to AP.....Man I wished we traded up for all day AP......

Wimbo

Reaction score
Because he has been seen on TV in someplace other than Minneapolis?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
He is just so big and fast. There is no way Barber is more exciting than AD. Barber is a violent runner and is somewhat unique in the way he runs, but AD is going to be a great one. I mean, there is no question is the best RB in the league this season and he's only a rookie.

If, and it's a big if, he stays somewhat healthy over his career, he's going to be one of the all-time greats.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Who here thinks Barber runs like Roger Craig ?

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Jarv;1716289 said:
Who here thinks Barber runs like Roger Craig ?

Roger Craig?

I was thinking more like a thin white Larry Czoncka with dreds.