NFL Network: Barber more exciting than Peterson?

Freyguy

Reaction score
It's not really fair to compare these 2 guys yet. AP is a rookie and MBIII is in his 3rd year. Now, if AP doesnt fall flat on his face later this season(i.e. Cadillac Williams) he has a shot at greatness. But, really ask this again next year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Peterson better enjoy his 5 years in the league cause that kid is going to slow down real quick.

BTW something funny I read the other day. I saw a Commander fan talking about how Marion Barber escaped the safety and his exact words were " I wish we had someone who ran like that. He runs like a Velociraptor on Meth.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;1715870 said:
He's more exciting because instead of taking a small loss on a play, he would rather back up a few more yards, switch fields, and reverse in his own end zone in a close game a risk a safety for a 2 yard gain.

Before the MB3 lovers come to bash me. He does run with power and heart, which I love. This play showed me why he should not be starting. Just my 0.02.

You make that determination based on ONE play?

How many times in The Barbarian's career has he done that?

That said, I like the role he has now and don't want it to change. What we need is a better starter. That would make MB3 even more dangerous.

Wolfpack;1716425 said:
Roger Craig?

I was thinking more like a thin white Larry Czoncka with dreds.

Nice. That's a good comparison.

CATCH17;1716557 said:
Peterson better enjoy his 5 years in the league cause that kid is going to slow down real quick.

BTW something funny I read the other day. I saw a Commander fan talking about how Marion Barber escaped the safety and his exact words were " I wish we had someone who ran like that. He runs like a Velociraptor on Meth.

I like that one too.

Here's who I think he runs like...

I'm sure everyone here has seen the movie "Beastmaster"? If you haven't, you need to get rent it. It's a good movie and it shows a quick shot of Tanya Roberts' "Yoohoo".

Anyway, for those that have seen it... you remember those men that the Priests had chained to an "Altar"? They got these radioactive looking leeches and put them in those guy's ear, then put this bondage looking like leather mask on them? Those leeches made them go "mad". They were just flat out ... mad.

Barber runs like those guys.

Or you could say he runs like one of the "infected" from the movie "28 days later".

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;1715870 said:
He's more exciting because instead of taking a small loss on a play, he would rather back up a few more yards, switch fields, and reverse in his own end zone in a close game a risk a safety for a 2 yard gain.

Before the MB3 lovers come to bash me. He does run with power and heart, which I love. This play showed me why he should not be starting. Just my 0.02.

haha....fault the guy for not quitting on a play.:rolleyes:

burmafrd

Reaction score
It was bad judgement. You NEVER allow yourself to be pushed back that close to the end zone. You go down if you have to but you do not risk a safety. BP would have blown a gasket. I am sure he got chewed royally about it- and should have.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I love Barber but AD is going to be a great back in this league. I think AD has great balance, vision, strengh and speed just about every thing I would want in a RB.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
burmafrd;1716705 said:
It was bad judgement. You NEVER allow yourself to be pushed back that close to the end zone. You go down if you have to but you do not risk a safety. BP would have blown a gasket. I am sure he got chewed royally about it- and should have.

How do you spell hypocrit?

B-U-R-M-A-F-R-D