NFL Network's Mike Mayock On D-Mac...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
...tonight on the NFL Network, Mike Mayock listed his Top 10 with Matt Ryan listed as #1.

In a surprise, McFadden wasn't in his top 10 and when asked about it, Mayock said he's just started watching the Junior's tapes and he's watched 3 of McFadden's. He said he wasn't as impressed as he expected to be and that although McFadden does have a great burst and speed, he said right now he "wouldn't touch him in the top 20." :eek:

Very interesting comments.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
How about the top 21? ;)

Seriously, I can see how someone might believe six or seven players are better pro prospects than McFadden... But not 20.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I like the way he came to this conclusion based on watching three whole tapes of DMac.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bach;1952048 said:
I like the way he came to this conclusion based on watching three whole tapes of DMac.

it would be like watching 3 years out of someones life and knowing all about 'em, huh? : )

Duane

Reaction score
Steven Jackson wasn't supposed to fall either but it happens to someone every year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Someone in the lower end of the top 10 has Mayock on the payroll. :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1952021 said:
...tonight on the NFL Network, Mike Mayock listed his Top 10 with Matt Ryan listed as #1.

In a surprise, McFadden wasn't in his top 10 and when asked about it, Mayock said he's just started watching the Junior's tapes and he's watched 3 of McFadden's. He said he wasn't as impressed as he expected to be and that although McFadden does have a great burst and speed, he said right now he "wouldn't touch him in the top 20." :eek:

Very interesting comments.

Just trying to draw attention to himself... its old hat....

roy31

Reaction score
theogt;1952076 said:
Someone in the lower end of the top 10 has Mayock on the payroll. :)

I heard that stuff like that has been done before

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Well, not that this means anything, but Brian Baldinger after the Cotton Bowl which he was the analyst for, he went on Sirius and said that he wouldn't draft Mcfadden on the first day. Said his legs are scrawny, he doesn't like to run inside, and he lacks good instincts. He said he should stay in school for his senior year.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Mayok no longer makes my list of top 20 draft analysts.

Take THAT, Mikey!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1952092 said:
Mayok no longer makes my list of top 20 draft analysts.

Take THAT, Mikey!!!

Vasily Alexeyev Zero?

Haven't seen that one in a few decades. Nice...

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1952109 said:
Vasily Alexeyev Zero?

Haven't seen that one in a few decades. Nice...
All Hail :)

va1-4.gif

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
roy31;1952086 said:
I heard that stuff like that has been done before
Oh yeah, there's always reports of teams releasing false info like injuries rumors, etc., before the draft.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
i agree with mayock on this one.. i think mcfadden is very overrated.. while he has great size and speed, i think his vision and instincts are below average. he won't be able to simply outrun people in the pros. AD knows HOW to run, that is the difference.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
He wouldnt touch him in the top 20? Wow that be pretty cool if he fell to #22 :pray: