NFL Network's Mike Mayock On D-Mac...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What IR said.

How does a player who carried a bigger percentage of the team's offense on his back than Bush, Peterson, Lynch, Addai, or Barber get labeled a "specialty back"? :confused:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
About the skinny leg thing.

Jerious Norwood slid into the 3rd round chiefly due to skinny legs.

He's done pretty well though, despite being on team with virtually no continuity. Sometimes when a RB can move his legs quick enough, calf size doesn't much matter.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Iago33;1953035 said:
Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who couldn't see the halo above this guy's head. He has nice abilities, but I'm not sure how it will translate into NFL RB workload, and I wasn't blown away when I watched him.

I agree, but I am probably a little less impressed by him than you.
Personally I would have a hard time choosing between McFadden and Mendenhall. I do think both are first rounders, but top five....no way.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Who is the starting running back for the Rams? Now, that guy runs hard!!

AZ_Cowboys_Fan

Reaction score
BigDave95;1953100 said:
McFadden is a 30 carry a game, feature back. He's a between the tackles runner. He's not Reggie Bush and he's not some situational speed back.

I don't think D-Mac will hold up carrying the rock 30 times a game in the NFL but it doesn't matter if we get him because he'd share carries with Barber. If he falls to around 15-20 and we can maybe give up a 1st and a 2nd to move up for him I'm ok with it. But I do not want to give up anything more than that. It's just not worth it.... there are too many quality RB's in this draft. Hell, I'll even take Steve Slaton in the 3rd. I think Slaton could end up being a steal for someone.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
stasheroo;1953108 said:
I choose B as well.

My choice would be Rock Cartwright.

He could be a #3 halfback and help on the special teams units.

i actually didnt see that Rock was out there. That would be a nice pickup and you stick it to skins fans just at the same time.

I like it.

ddh33

Reaction score
I like Cartwright for his special teams work.

I actually like Ruben Droughns too. He can play a little RB, a little FB, and some special teams. I like that versatility more than I like a one-trick pony who can only do one thing.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1953517 said:
i actually didnt see that Rock was out there. That would be a nice pickup and you stick it to skins fans just at the same time.

I like it.

I really like Rock, but the couple lists of UFAs for 2008 i've seen don't have him listed. Doesn't mean he's not, but i've asked on a skins board to see if i can get confirmation.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
ddh33;1953541 said:
I like Cartwright for his special teams work.

I actually like Ruben Droughns too. He can play a little RB, a little FB, and some special teams. I like that versatility more than I like a one-trick pony who can only do one thing.

If we keep MBIII(which we will) and then add a RB in the draft(which we will) and add that to the FBs we already have, any vet we bring in, ala Rock, Droughns, etc. absolutely has to play STs. I think Jason and Co. really like Anderson so he has a good chance of sticking.

MBIII
Draft
Anderson
Oliver
FA

One is the odd man out if we keep 4 like we have been. My guess if Oliver.

Then again, we could take 2 RB/FBs in the draft and fore go FA?