NFL Officiating is G A R B A G E

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
It's pathetic. It's worse than the NBA at this point.

Nobody, I mean NOBODY is going to convince me that officials are not screwing us.

Our front 7 is just obliterating people, and we almost NEVER see an opposing OL called for holding. It is freaking IMPOSSIBLE for teams to go game after game with no holding calls. Yet our guys get called for the most borderline, ticky tack b/s almost every week.

And that call on Newman was absolutely horrible.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:

I wouldnt go that far, considering the NBA has had at least two instances in it's history of refs "fixing" games.

But yes, it is getting worse every year

Batman

Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:

Nobody, I mean NOBODY is going to convince me that officials are not screwing us.

Our front 7 is just obliterating people, and we almost NEVER see an opposing OL called for holding. It is freaking IMPOSSIBLE for teams to go game after game with no holding calls. Yet our guys get called for the most borderline, ticky tack b/s almost every week.

When the giants #12 was called for offensive PI, if you go back and look at the play, you will see a real obvious illegal hands to the face by one of the Giants, and that was not called either. There should have been 2 flags on that.

The one thing is, the Cowboys should know that every game they play they have to go against the refs and will to just be prepared to deal with it and overcome the refs being out to screw Dallas.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2492026 said:
I wouldnt go that far, considering the NBA has had at least two instances in it's history of refs "fixing" games.

You never know, it could be they just havent caught them yet.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
dbair1967;2492035 said:
You never know, it could be they just havent caught them yet.

Sure seems like they are doing their best to help out the Steelers this year.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
It really is at a point where the league has credibility issues and you chronically question if money is influencing calls.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That PI on Newman was a crock and so was the hands to the face on Gurode. Not only was Gurode's hand in the neck area, you can also see the defense tackle grabbed his facemask and jerked it right after the snap.

That said if Romo hits a few open WRs we would be winning by a larger margin.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:

I agree 100% I honestly don't even think refs are looking at other teams...just focusing on Dallas.

Batman

Reaction score
Doomsday;2492040 said:
That PI on Newman was a crock and so was the hands to the face on Gurode. Not only was Gurode's hand in the neck area, you can also see the defense tackle grabbed his facemask and jerked it right after the snap.

That said if Romo hits a few open WRs we would be winning by a larger margin.

The call in Newman was BS, but the call on Gurode was a fair call. Regardless, I have seen several things done by the Giants on both sides of the trenches and the refs are just turning a blind eye to it. We should be used to it, whoever the Boyz play we have to go against the refs as well. I can not even begin to remember a fairly officiated game where the refs were not out to screw Dallas.

zack

Reaction score
Take a look at last week. Steelers oline was horrible, hardly any holding calls...

SacredStar

Reaction score
Refereeing has gotten worse every year, this year being the worst I have ever seen it.

Not only Dallas, but a lot of teams have had calls against them that were game deciders.

Consistency is absent in officiating in this league.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2492053 said:
They are trying their damndest to get Pittsburgh home field advantage
Hell, Fisher is giving them all the help they need.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:

I said this about 5 years ago. They call games certain ways and its intended. It has nothing to do with the officiating being bad.

silverblue

Reaction score
We won this game, but I still think the officiating was definitely questionable, as I usually do :)

Some games are definitely fixed in little ways. I watched every game for like 4 yrs and then I realized. I still like watching Dallas though for nostalgia's sake.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
We have one the best, if not the best front 7's in the NFL.

I would like to see how many holding penalties have been called on opposing offensive lines during this season.

Teams can't NOT afford to hold vs. Dallas.

Yet, you rarely see a call.

It's a disgrace.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Giants OL, no holding calls despite getting their arses whipped for 60 minutes, and this with TWO backups in the game in the 2nd half.

Like I said:

G A R B A G E

We should get credit for two wins tonight because we definitely beat two teams.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2492026 said:

Just because the NFL refs haven't got caught doesn't mean they don't try to fix games. At least in the NBA a bad doesn't have much influence as a bad call in the NFL does.

Tonight was horrible. Its really becoming obvious that the refs want us to lose in every possible way for some reason which I can only imagine.

TheHerd

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2492037 said:
Sure seems like they are doing their best to help out the Steelers this year.

Refs have already given the Steelers one Super Bowl. Isn't that enough?