NFL Officiating is G A R B A G E

Boys4Life

Reaction score
I will NEVER understand why the NFL uses part-time employees to officiate the most popular sport in the country.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheHerd;2494207 said:
Refs have already given the Steelers one Super Bowl. Isn't that enough?

One? They stole one from us too, and the officials tried to steal that one where we beat them.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:
It's pathetic. It's worse than the NBA at this point.

Nobody, I mean NOBODY is going to convince me that officials are not screwing us.

Our front 7 is just obliterating people, and we almost NEVER see an opposing OL called for holding. It is freaking IMPOSSIBLE for teams to go game after game with no holding calls. Yet our guys get called for the most borderline, ticky tack b/s almost every week.

And that call on Newman was absolutely horrible.

The Cowboys got away with several holds themselves. It all evens out.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:

Nobody, I mean NOBODY is going to convince me that officials are not screwing us.

Our front 7 is just obliterating people, and we almost NEVER see an opposing OL called for holding. It is freaking IMPOSSIBLE for teams to go game after game with no holding calls. Yet our guys get called for the most borderline, ticky tack b/s almost every week.

no kidding, 8 sacks, in Manning's face all night and no OL penalties for them other than false start.

Go figure

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];2494293 said:

Oh please, for the love of God man stop. You sound like crybaby Coughlin.

I'm sorry, but that officiating tonight was just pathetic and was incredibly one sided.

Again, there is no way in hell anybody can explain the absolute lack of holding calls called on opponents when our front seven has been so dominant. The Steelers have a lousy OL and didnt get called for one. Tonight your guys were completely overmatched and then had two backups in who had hardly played, and you didnt get called once either.

It's a joke.

gmoney112

Reaction score
we had 2-3 holds. and one was witten legitimately blocking tuck out of the play late in the game to set dallas up for a 2nd and 20. so no one else gets called for actually holding, but witten gets called for a no hold when it just happens to be the most important part of the game?

my sweet, sweet ***

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We were called for two holds alone on the final drive, I can't believe GiantFan would try to say we got away with stuff and that it evened out.

mmohican29

Reaction score

LOL! You guys got EVERY call tonight... the bogus PI on Newman, bogus Hold on Witten, and what is forgotten because of Tnew's INT... that horsecollar call on Ratliff is an IMPOSSIBILITY by NFL rules. How does a DT horsecollar a RB BEHIND the line of scrimmage. Read the rulebook... it CAN'T happen.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
The officals sucked ***!!! Even Al Michaels and Madden were questioning there calls.

Absolutely horrible!!!!!

gollum

Reaction score
Wouldn't you just love the irony if San Diego beats Tampa Bay and Buf beats Denver next week. That will put San Diego in position to win the conference the last week of the season...against Denver...in San Diego. The odds of that game being called by Ed Hoculi's crew???

0.0000000000000000%

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

How was Witten's block considered holding?

How would you call that slight tap in the face by Davis considered a flagrant foul?

How bout that bogus call against Newman?

And to make matters worst, the refs were going to call a push against Henry when it was him who got pushed.

If these calls were questionable why weren't the Giants called for anything like it?

deepBLUE

Reaction score
it's unreal, folks...dallas had 11 penalties to the giants 1-2? i saw infractions all day, committed by the giants. i'm starting to wonder if i'm watching the wwf.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ConstantReboot;2494770 said:
How was Witten's block considered holding?

How would you call that slight tap in the face by Davis considered a flagrant foul?

How bout that bogus call against Newman?

And to make matters worst, the refs were going to call a push against Henry when it was him who got pushed.

If these calls were questionable why weren't the Giants called for anything like it?

and why arnt other teams ever called for holding?

It's just freaking pathetic, especially when our front 7 is so dominant right now.

links18

Reaction score
This was the first time I have actually seen the home crowd boo the refs out of making a bad call. They wouldn't have changed the PI call on Henry if the crowd didn't let out a persistent BOO. Nice job Texas stadium crowd! TERRIBLE JOB BY THE REFS!!!!!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The call on Newman was bogus.

The call on Witten was bogus.

I see corners mug people, and its not called.

I see the stuff Witten did all the time. It's not called.

They never showed the hold on Bennett, so I question that one, too.

I saw Canty get held where his shirt was yanked out and no call.

If you notice, the Giants get more calls than the Cowboys when they play in Dallas.

The refs did everything they could in order to give the ball back to NY at the end of that game.

It's a joke.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Lots of penalties are arguable either way. But the spotting of the ball in our games this season is the worst I've ever seen. That punt that the ref marked at our 6-yard line HIT THE GROUND a little ways out of bounds near the 7. It never even got to the 6, let alone make it that far inbounds. It should have been spotted at the 8 or 9 at best.

From Roethliesberger getting bonus yardage to the Commanders getting 5 extra yards after a player went out of bounds (he didn't barely step on the line, he completely went out of bounds and stayed out of bounds) to this, it's getting ridiculous.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2494932 said:
Lots of penalties are arguable either way. But the spotting of the ball in our games this season is the worst I've ever seen. That punt that the ref marked at our 6-yard line HIT THE GROUND a little ways out of bounds near the 7. It never even got to the 6, let alone make it that far inbounds. It should have been spotted at the 8 or 9 at best.

From Roethliesberger getting bonus yardage to the Commanders getting 5 extra yards after a player went out of bounds (he didn't barely step on the line, he completely went out of bounds and stayed out of bounds) to this, it's getting ridiculous.

I agree.

I thought the same thing on the punt. Someone had to tell me it was on the 6. I couldn't believe it.

That Roethliesberger (I cheated on that spelling) mark was a gift at a big time. I thought the Cowboys stoned him. That would have been the game.

That call the Steelers got today reminded me of the Jason Witten call in Seattle, the playoff game. They over ruled the side judge when he's standing right there.

That call agaist Witten, in the playoff game, cost us that game. They are supposed to go with the call on the field. Playing spin the camera was a joke.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
There's got to be a stat freak out there that can give us the number of holding calls for and against us. Would be interesting to see what the league averages are also.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:

100% agree.

Evidently nobody ever holds us.

After watching the Seattle game I gave up on NFL officials calling a hold.