NFL Officiating is G A R B A G E

juck

Reaction score
They are paid by the state of nevada.What do u expect?lol

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dbair1967;2492017 said:
And that call on Newman was absolutely horrible.

No, the fact that Newman arm-bared him and slowed down when he was in front of him was stupid.

jimmy40

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2494932 said:
Lots of penalties are arguable either way. But the spotting of the ball in our games this season is the worst I've ever seen. That punt that the ref marked at our 6-yard line HIT THE GROUND a little ways out of bounds near the 7. It never even got to the 6, let alone make it that far inbounds. It should have been spotted at the 8 or 9 at best.

From Roethliesberger getting bonus yardage to the Commanders getting 5 extra yards after a player went out of bounds (he didn't barely step on the line, he completely went out of bounds and stayed out of bounds) to this, it's getting ridiculous.

Choice didn't make the first down they gave him either. Refs suck all over.

superpunk

Reaction score
jimmy40;2495435 said:
Here's a guy who thinks the yellow line is official.

It's not.

If you can watch the play again look at where the first down marker is. Choice had it no problem.

jimmy40

Reaction score
superpunk;2495438 said:
Here's a guy who thinks the yellow line is official.

It's not.

If you can watch the play again look at where the first down marker is. Choice had it no problem.
The yellow line isn't official???? OMG who knew? He didn't have the first down. Period.

superpunk

Reaction score
jimmy40;2495449 said:
The yellow line isn't official???? OMG who knew? He didn't have the first down. Period.
He did. Period. Pay closer attention.

starman22

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the play when T.O. slipped tring to make a cut and was short of the 1st down. When that DB came in and pretty much slammed him with a forearm, I thought a personal fould for roughing was going to be called, and nothing. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but it seemed pretty flagrant to me.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
starman22;2495468 said:
Did anyone notice the play when T.O. slipped tring to make a cut and was short of the 1st down. When that DB came in and pretty much slammed him with a forearm, I thought a personal fould for roughing was going to be called, and nothing. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but it seemed pretty flagrant to me.

Personally, my issue with that play is we needed the first down and TO tried to *make a play* to extend the play when the play that needed to be made was to convert the first down. He did this a couple of games ago too and it cost of a first down then too.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Another one no one is talking about was the hold on Bigg. The DT just went right around him and sacked Romo. They threw a flag for holding, which looked semi-questionable, because Bigg may have reached back and tripped up the DTs feet. But he still got the sack.

Then they showed a reverse angle where you could see the ref throwing the flag. The flag was out of his pants before Bigg lunged for the guy. And Bigg had done an ole block on him at the LOS. POS call all the way.

superpunk

Reaction score
jimmy40;2495466 said:
Post the vid, you like doing that kind of stuff.
There is no video that I can find, so far. The yellow line showed about a foot in front of the actual yard marker, the official measurement. It was the 3rd and 2 play, or something like that, I think? I thought it was wrong when I saw the yellow line, too. But it was correct to the yard marker, you just had to be observant.

superpunk

Reaction score
peplaw06;2495512 said:
Another one no one is talking about was the hold on Bigg. The DT just went right around him and sacked Romo. They threw a flag for holding, which looked semi-questionable, because Bigg may have reached back and tripped up the DTs feet. But he still got the sack.

Then they showed a reverse angle where you could see the ref throwing the flag. The flag was out of his pants before Bigg lunged for the guy. And Bigg had done an ole block on him at the LOS. POS call all the way.
They kept the flag in the pocket when Canty was tackled by his shoulder on one big Giants run.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk;2495537 said:
They kept the flag in the pocket when Canty was tackled by his shoulder on one big Giants run.
Yeah that one pissed me off something fierce. That was their biggest run of the night IIRC.

links18

Reaction score
The officiating is garbage both ways. We had a lot of false starts that weren't called. Same thing as the end of last season, where Gurode is snapping the ball late. But changing the PI call on Henry, because the crowd booed the refs has to be the ultimate symbol that they have no idea what they are doing......

gmoney112

Reaction score
jimmy40;2495435 said:

according to my HD DVR, he got it. any other questions?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
nyc;2495432 said:
No, the fact that Newman arm-bared him and slowed down when he was in front of him was stupid.

he hardly touched him and it certanly had no imapct on the play...even the Giant WR was shocked it was called

it was a lousy call

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
links18;2495557 said:
The officiating is garbage both ways. We had a lot of false starts that weren't called. Same thing as the end of last season, where Gurode is snapping the ball late. But changing the PI call on Henry, because the crowd booed the refs has to be the ultimate symbol that they have no idea what they are doing......

I saw at least one Dallas false start that was uncalled. We had a PI late in the game that was uncalled. So I have to grudgingly admit the refs make mistakes both ways.

I would like to see more holding calls on the other teams.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jimmy40;2495435 said:
Choice didn't make the first down they gave him either.

Are you complaining about the spot or the fact that they didn't measure it?

Choice dove and stretched the ball toward the 39-yard line. The spot was either perfect or within 2-3 inches of perfect. That's much different from awarding more than a yard -- or as much as 5 yards -- that were never gained.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
I can't deny that I see it too, but I question the immediate assumption that it's part of some plan or plot to cause some particular outcome in these games. Not discounting that it could be the case, but it seems unlikely.

Frankly, I think the prominence of all of our players, from skill players to the guys in the trenches, is what works against us. Officials are LOOKING at TO when the ball's in the air with "push-off" in mind. They're looking at Flozell to see if he wiggles even slightly at the line. We have players that every official knows well that have histories of having certain calls made against them, and it works against us.

Certainly doesn't answer the spotting issues, and the specific problems in the Giants game (the DPI on 41, holding on Witten) probably don't fall into this bucket, but I don't really buy the idea that there's anything sinister about this.

The Steelers Super Bowl win a couple years back, now...

WG5516

Reaction score
jimmy40;2495435 said:

LOL yeah I noticed that as well. He definitely did not get the 1st.