NFL owners to vote on flex scheduling for Thursday Night Football

Hadenough

Reaction score
Love the Thursday night games. It's like a treat to get you thru the week. But the games last year were just garbage match ups. They need to do something because nobody cares to watch a Bears / Texans type game. I also feel the Thanksgiving day game for the Cowboys should count as thier Thursday game. The league needs to get away from those stupid London games too.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Reid if you like TNF, more power to you. I don’t but it doesn’t bother me if someone else does.

Did you ever think that the NFL execs see the big picture and you dont? That Amazon sees the bigger picture for THEM, and you dont? There is a reason ratings dropped and it is because of the platform that the game moved to. Amazon wants to use that platform to help up the numbers on their streaming platform.

NFL execs started those Thursday games years ago and it was NFL Network only.... and they did it for a reason. They then took the Thursday night game, a product that was bringing in ZERO revenue a decade or so ago and turned it into an 11 year, ONE BILLION dollar a year deal. That is not chump change. I laugh when I hear people say it is all about the greed..... no kidding. They run a business and want it to be as valuable as possible.

Just like the reason they go to London every year, now are starting into Germany, hitting Mexico City... they are playing long term.

I personally love the fact I have football on 3 days a week. Beats the heck out of watching Bachelorette or whatever else garbage the networks push on us.

NFL ratings are still king. They could air the game on Thursday night at 3am and it would still be the highest rated show on tv for the week,...... that wasnt an nfl product.
I really enjoy having a game on Thursday to watch. The league and Amazon are all about the money but who cares because the players are getting paid too and it's entertainment. I will say though that sometimes the quality of football we see suffers a little bit hey it's the same for everyone and it's deal with it or lose.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for protecting the players because they will be doubling the 3 days of rest and recovery for some players.

The TNF so far has been a failed project, even Fox struggles with it with their short run with it.

They are trying to jack the ratings with matchups but I wonder if that will work? Do the majority of people even want TNF?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So much for protecting the players because they will be doubling the 3 days of rest and recovery for some players.

The TNF so far has been a failed project, even Fox struggles with it with their short run with it.

They are trying to jack the ratings with matchups but I wonder if that will work? Do the majority of people even want TNF?
I am not a fan of the TNF games. But I am just a mere guppy in the big pool of life. :D

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Love the Thursday night games. It's like a treat to get you thru the week. But the games last year were just garbage match ups. They need to do something because nobody cares to watch a Bears / Texans type game. I also feel the Thanksgiving day game for the Cowboys should count as thier Thursday game. The league needs to get away from those stupid London games too.
It's a shame about the time difference as a way to enhance the 'international' advancement and catering for Thursday night games would be to have 8 home, 8 away and the 17th game is played abroad.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I just hate that it's on Amazon.

Couldn't they have just left it alone? Just given The People this one thing? Our NFL? And settled for their 874 trillion dollars, without that extra billion?

I mean, I know the answer is No, greed knows no bounds and what not,.. but it still sucks.
Being on Amazon doesnt bother me one bit. The future train is now loading. Get on or get left behind.