NFL Passing Leaders In 2019 Without Garbage Time

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
check the raiders and broncos games.

have fun.

So one Bronco's game they beat them by 19. The other Mahomes got hurt in the 1st half of the game. So I guess you lied about those games too?

Raiders game.....

In regards to the Bronco's game......

Mahomes ended the game with

P. Mahomes15-29, 175 YDS, 1 TD

So gonna see if I can get you number on what his "garbage stats" yards was by the end of the game when they were learning on the run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most teams will do it up 21 with 10 minutes or less in the 3rd, takes alot of time off the clock, but a score will take them back out of it until midway thru the 4th if they still have a lead
No most teams do not do it in the 3rd quarter with 10 minutes or less left into the game. No way. You have something to back that claim up with?

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm starting to embrace the Dak stats and the back n forth, it's amazing what you guys come up with.

:popcorn:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Don't you guys hate when people try to boost up how well a quarterback played especially when they have all those "garbage time" yards in them? Let's see what it looks like if you take out all of those garbage time yards out of it.

EXvvt4CWsAM3QCn
are you talking about Daks 2000 yards passing against the sorry *** Commanders and Giants or are your talking about Dak doing nothing for 3 quarters of football and once the team is losing to the Packers 30 to 3 that Dak throws for 250 yards in the 4th quarter against a prevent defense. I think what were getting at is Daks inability to move the ball consistently is masked by his yardage he aquires late in games when he is down against a good team. Its also padded but beating the Commanders and Giants big. Guys like Mahommes and Jackson will run the score up against good teams to get their garbage time stats.

superonyx

Reaction score
So one Bronco's game they beat them by 19. The other Mahomes got hurt in the 1st half of the game. So I guess you lied about those games too?

Raiders game.....

In regards to the Bronco's game......

Mahomes ended the game with

P. Mahomes15-29, 175 YDS, 1 TD

So gonna see if I can get you number on what his "garbage stats" yards was by the end of the game when they were learning on the run.
Don't forget the Jags game where Mahommes threw a garbage TD. Or the other Broncos game where they were up 21.

You looked into this yet you failed to mention these games. Hmm I wonder why?

Keep it coming troll boy.

dckid

Reaction score
Don't you guys hate when people try to boost up how well a quarterback played especially when they have all those "garbage time" yards in them? Let's see what it looks like if you take out all of those garbage time yards out of it.

EXvvt4CWsAM3QCn
This is interesting as Jamies last year seemed to be the definition of garbage time fantasy points. I mean how do you quantify the amount of time he put his team down because of interceptions, pick six TD's, and the amount of fumbles.
That guys was the Dominque of turnovers. Having said all that.. I kind of dig his moxie and big arm. Call me crazy but I love that NO got him.
I would spend 5 million to have him start here, even if I have to break all his bad habits and start from scratch. The guy was the number 1 pick.
Ok but I digress... Water under the bridge he has already signed.
Phillip Rivers was horrific last year, I love the player, toughness. He is just a more healthy, more consistent, better version of Romo. Don't hate me its the truth
Rivers was just able to gut it out longer thus is the better player, and now might be too old to really succeed in Indy but I guess we will se.
Jared Goff, is just a 35 million dollar puppet. McVay should have shoved him out the door.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
are you talking about Daks 2000 yards passing against the sorry *** Commanders and Giants or are your talking about Dak doing nothing for 3 quarters of football and once the team is losing to the Packers 30 to 3 that Dak throws for 250 yards in the 4th quarter against a prevent defense. I think what were getting at is Daks inability to move the ball consistently is masked by his yardage he aquires late in games when he is down against a good team. Its also padded but beating the Commanders and Giants big. Guys like Mahommes and Jackson will run the score up against good teams to get their garbage time stats.
:laugh::facepalm: So according to you everyone got garbage time stats lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't forget the Jags game where Mahommes threw a garbage TD. Or the other Broncos game where they were up 21.

You looked into this yet you failed to mention these games. Hmm I wonder why?

Keep it coming troll boy.
You told me to look at those 2 games. And yes I looked at the other Bronco's game I was being nice not mentioning that. They were never up by 21 points in that game but I'm the troll. :laugh: You flat out are LYING and you got me wasting time looking up **** for you. Didn't look up the Jags game why don't you post those stats for me this time because I'm tired of doing research for you to prove your point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is interesting as Jamies last year seemed to be the definition of garbage time fantasy points. I mean how do you quantify the amount of time he put his team down because of interceptions, pick six TD's, and the amount of fumbles.
That guys was the Dominque of turnovers. Having said all that.. I kind of dig his moxie and big arm. Call me crazy but I love that NO got him.
I would spend 5 million to have him start here, even if I have to break all his bad habits and start from scratch. The guy was the number 1 pick.
Ok but I digress... Water under the bridge he has already signed.
Phillip Rivers was horrific last year, I love the player, toughness. He is just a more healthy, more consistent, better version of Romo. Don't hate me its the truth
Rivers was just able to gut it out longer thus is the better player, and now might be too old to really succeed in Indy but I guess we will se.
Jared Goff, is just a 35 million dollar puppet. McVay should have shoved him out the door.
Believe it or not the Buccs were in a lot of those games. He would throw a pick and take them out of games. That's why a lot of people think the Bucs will be good this year. They won 7 games last year. They could've won at least 3 more games if Jameis would've cut his picks down. Even if he cut them down to 20.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When you really think about it, garbage time would be when the defense just relaxes because they feel they have control of the game. It's a pretty subjective concept, and there's really no way to be certain which plays are in garbage time, a lot of the time.

ondaedg

Reaction score
So you think being fragile gives Mahomes a pass? :muttley:The only thing worse than a Dak hater is a Mahomes worshipper, except when you are both. :rolleyes:

Dak deserves credit for being arguably the toughest qb in the NFL. The shots he has taken would have sidelined any other qb in this league.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I went game by game, play by play. This is what I got.

In losses
GB 24-0, 305 yards
NYJ 21-3, 177 yards
Buf 23-7, 165 yards
Chi 24-7, 250 yards

In wins
NYG 28-10, 79 yards
Was 31-14, 11 yards
Mia 24-6, 15 yards
Phi 27-7, 78 yards
LA 28-7 52 yards
Was 20-3, 181 yards

In losses 897 yards. In wins 416 yards. Total 1313 yards. Divided by 4902 total passing yards.

26.8 % of yards were when game was out of reach.

Let's see OP rebuttal....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak deserves credit for being arguably the toughest qb in the NFL. The shots he has taken would have sidelined any other qb in this league.
I have cringed many times from the hits he has taken. His toughness is not appreciated enough, IMO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What constitutes "garbage time" is subjective. My interpretation is that it's points scored and yards accrued when a game has effectively been lost. The reality was that many games had already been lost before the 4th quarter and even during the third quarter without needing the high threshold of 21+ points.

Further, the counter argument against the opening post, which was only based on last season, is that Prescott/Cowboys didn't win a single game when trailing by ten points. So all those games where Prescott scored points and threw for a bunch of yards in games the Cowboys trailed by 10 points or more were...lost.

If it pleases people in future I will just state that Dak Prescott threw a bunch of yards and put up points in games that were already lost causes (partly due to his own play) and eventually were lost. Opposing teams were already chewing up the clock on offense, playing field position, happy to give up easy 8-10 yard completions in prevent defense mode to just waste time.

Far easier to just state garbage time as a collective term but if people want to be pedantic then so be it.
exactly the formula is futile and useless..

I rathe ruse the good old eye test especially stats you have against the bets defenses and better teams at critical times..Dak failed last year un these areas..not all loses were his fault but he was not able to produce enough to aide in the win..

superonyx

Reaction score
You told me to look at those 2 games. And yes I looked at the other Bronco's game I was being nice not mentioning that. They were never up by 21 points in that game but I'm the troll. :laugh: You flat out are LYING and you got me wasting time looking up **** for you. Didn't look up the Jags game why don't you post those stats for me this time because I'm tired of doing research for you to prove your point.
In other words you can’t explain why up by 21 isn’t garbage time but somehow down 21 is.

read this thread. You made a joke of yourself. People are laughing at you while you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to defend the indefensible.