NFL Passing Leaders In 2019 Without Garbage Time

InTheZone

Reaction score
Except you are creating this scenario. This goes back to people saying you can't have a civil conversation on this site. So much extremes, hyperbole and flat out lies.
Extremes and lies aren't the same. Maybe you missed it but I've sat through game day threads just looking for any Dak post as the game goes on and I've seen them come out just as I described. It's all good, just stating what i've seen.

glimmerman

Reaction score
De he doesn’t have the garbage stats people think.. How do they determine how much or when these stats start. Lol.

Brax

Reaction score
Don't you guys hate when people try to boost up how well a quarterback played especially when they have all those "garbage time" yards in them? Let's see what it looks like if you take out all of those garbage time yards out of it.

EXvvt4CWsAM3QCn
so your little poster show Dak was in fact King of garbage time as such, and now you agree there is garbage time, but for Dak who showed next to no ability for up to 3 quarters in many games the point level is more in the 12-14 point range for GT, so conservatively it is more like 25% not the 14.31%. god,Jameis had less GT.

ondaedg

Reaction score
The earth is flat. Go lay a marble on the ground outside and see what it does.
:popcorn:

Gravity cannot exert enough force nor can a marble or the surface it's on be hard enough for a marble to roll over a short distance without flattening. In other words the earth is too big to create enough of an angle that would allow a marble to overcome the deficiencies in its hardness and the large circumference of the earth.

Not even sure if you're serious. Lol.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
All this proves is that you're not good at reading. If the defense is more concerned about the clock than what you are doing, then it's garbage time. Whether that's a good strategy for them or not is irrelevant. You couldn't be more confused (and wrong).

It's you that has a reading problem. At NO time did I say or imply that ANY defense is concerned with the clock other than the defense on the losing team trying to make stops to get the ball back for the offense. In fact the only time I mentioned the clock and defense was when I made the suggestion that when a team has a lead late in the game and they have a 3rd and 5,6, or 7 yards the defense may play them to stop a running attempt thinking the offense was going to try eating clock time and instead does a screen pass that gets then something like 25 yards.

johneric8

Reaction score
Don't you guys hate when people try to boost up how well a quarterback played especially when they have all those "garbage time" yards in them? Let's see what it looks like if you take out all of those garbage time yards out of it.

EXvvt4CWsAM3QCn

Thanks for posting this! Dak is amazing and deserves to be paid! His numbers show how great he really is regardless of the betty davis eyes that try and scrutinize him to absolute failure. All these charts confirm what I've been watching since Dak took the league by storm!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so your little poster show Dak was in fact King of garbage time as such, and now you agree there is garbage time, but for Dak who showed next to no ability for up to 3 quarters in many games the point level is more in the 12-14 point range for GT, so conservatively it is more like 25% not the 14.31%. god,Jameis had less GT.
But its still 4400.......nevermind. You got it @Brax. :hammer:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I always assumed garbage time was only when you lost.

I do too but they made it sound like being down 21 points at any time is garbage time meaning you'd count it if you didn't make a comeback but not count it if you did. But if you made a comeback to tie but still lost, then they'd just count the portion of passing you made while down at least 21 when even if you were down 35 but came back to tie, none of those yards were garbage time because you did come all the way back. Need more data. Lol.

817Gill

Reaction score
Mahomes missed several games due to injury.
Hence his place on the list lol, doesn’t make the list a fluke. If he was healthy and number 1 on the list it wouldn’t change anything about the point of the stat.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Well first off I think the term "garbage time" is moronic. Down 21 points with 2 minutes left on the clock? That's garbage time. If you are even down 28 points in the 3rrd quarter to me that's not even garbage time. But "garbage time" is a term made popular by Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan and its now the term used to describe Dak. The game isn't over until its over.

When the other team goes into prevent D in the 3rd quarter or very early in the 4th quarter because they have a huge lead, i would call that garbage time stats. Thats just me

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm in Dak's corner, but come on.
Talk about a massively broad definition of garbage time.
DOWN 21 POINTS OR MORE?
Holy .....
It's a ridiculous definition. It doesn't even factor in time. 17 pts with 10 minutes to go is much more garbage time than down 24 in the 2nd quarter.

And STILL it was nearly 15% of his total. Much higher than the others (in the graphic).

Then you have guys like Mahomes and Jackson, who were on winning teams, and on the other side of the equation where they blew other teams out and didn't have to keep throwing.

This kind of makes the point for those who think he bolstered his stats with garbage time.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What criteria would you use?
To me since every team has some games they have garbage time it evens out
Some fans think Dak is only QB with garbage time though in Dak’s career we have trended to stop throwing when ahead

No, every team does not. Good teams generally have the reverse, where their opponent has garbage time stats. Teams that get leads pull up and actually reduce the stats they would likely have had.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I went game by game, play by play. This is what I got.

In losses
GB 24-0, 305 yards
NYJ 21-3, 177 yards
Buf 23-7, 165 yards
Chi 24-7, 250 yards

In wins
NYG 28-10, 79 yards
Was 31-14, 11 yards
Mia 24-6, 15 yards
Phi 27-7, 78 yards
LA 28-7 52 yards
Was 20-3, 181 yards

In losses 897 yards. In wins 416 yards. Total 1313 yards. Divided by 4902 total passing yards.

26.8 % of yards were when game was out of reach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When the other team goes into prevent D in the 3rd quarter or very early in the 4th quarter because they have a huge lead, i would call that garbage time stats. Thats just me
Yeah but what goes into prevent in the 3rd quarter of games? That's moronic. I can see if you are up like 28 or 35 but up 21 in the 3rd quarter is nothing.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah but what goes into prevent in the 3rd quarter of games? That's moronic. I can see if you are up like 28 or 35 but up 21 in the 3rd quarter is nothing.

Most teams will do it up 21 with 10 minutes or less in the 3rd, takes alot of time off the clock, but a score will take them back out of it until midway thru the 4th if they still have a lead

Doomsday101

Reaction score
These arguments reminds me of this

Critic can see any stat out there and it will mean nothing. No one will budge on this topic