NFL possibly going to 18 game regular season

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I know you guys must have picked up on this..

but I was wondering what you guys thought about the fact that there is discussion about increasing the regular season from 16 games to 18.

Additionally there is interest of reducing the pre-season games from 5 to 3.

I guess this will really gain speed when the TV contracts are up for renewal.

But wonder what you guys think about this and how does this effect the game.

One thing to me is it will increase rosters to help teams last that long and help keep play quality high.

Other observations?

Thanks guys.

:thumbup:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I kind of wondered what all of this schedule lengthening would do to the schedule making. Right now they have a nice symmetry going of 6 division games, 4 conference games, 4 out of conference games, and 2 rotating non-division against same place finishes. It makes the schedule easy to predict years out (we know the Cowboys will travel to Pittsburgh in 2024 for example). But extra games messes this up.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Honestly, football in general is slowly losing my interest...Diluting the sport won’t help...
Well..

You are just getting old like the rest of us.

My ex-wife said our sex life was getting old and she had seen everything she was going to see b/w us.

And she was right. My new GF I had the last year we were married was wearing me out.

So if you are leaving football as a spectator sport..

can I recommend Australian Rules Nude
Volleyball.:thumbup:

You will will enjoy them diving into the sand and shaking it off themselves.

It's like the Playboy Channel.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fourth preseason game is just a waste of time. No one plays their starters it’s all fringe and bubble players. The attendance for those games couldn’t possibly be very good. Teams pretty much already know who’s going to make their roster after the third preseason game. The NFL needs to eliminate that fourth game from preseason and make it a game that counts during the regular season.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I kind of wondered what all of this schedule lengthening would do to the schedule making. Right now they have a nice symmetry going of 6 division games, 4 conference games, 4 out of conference games, and 2 rotating non-division against same place finishes. It makes the schedule easy to predict years out (we know the Cowboys will travel to Pittsburgh in 2024 for example). But extra games messes this up.
Had not thought about that.

It seems that they could make it like soccer does it with the World Cup.

But obviously you have given it some thought.

Thanx.

:clap:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know you guys must have picked up on this..

but I was wondering what you guys thought about the fact that there is discussion about increasing the regular season from 16 games to 18.

Additionally there is interest of reducing the pre-season games from 5 to 3.

I guess this will really gain speed when the TV contracts are up for renewal.

But wonder what you guys think about this and how does this effect the game.

One thing to me is it will increase rosters to help teams last that long and help keep play quality high.

Other observations?

Thanks guys.

:thumbup:
I’m all for it as long as they expand the roster size to 60-62. It will increase league wide revenues which will increase salaries and give more athletes a chance. Win, win, win.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’m all for it as long as they expand the roster size to 60-62. It will increase league wide revenues which will increase salaries and give more athletes a chance. Win, win, win.
Good observations.

What I would like to see is an extended playoff schedule.

The way it is, teams with high seeding only need to win 3 games to win the SB.

I just think that is too quick to determine the overall winner.

Alternately like in tennis, there is a seeding process that features numerous games and it's fun to follow.

Then there is Womans Australian Rules Nude Volleyball.

Nobody cares who wins..

everybody just watches.

:lmao2:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't think it will happen, possibly 17. However, if it does either players want additional compensation for the extra games or every player can only play in a max of 16 regular season games and they sit the rest.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I don't think it will happen, possibly 17. However, if it does either players want additional compensation for the extra games or every player can only play in a max of 16 regular season games and they sit the rest.
That's different.

The sitting part.

How would you do that?