NFL Proposes Games Abroad

EndGame

Reaction score
I hate this idea. Those of you who have said that the Cowboys would end up being one of the first teams they ship over, are probably right. The problem is that traveling over there and then traveling back so quickly REALLY messes with your body. The guys who have played in the preseason America Bowl have said they're not right for a while afterward. The difference in the regular season is that the games count, and they have a next game to prepare for. The only reasonable way to do it, is if each team gets their bye right after.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad idea. Mainly because you know the Cowboys would get picked to go. Preseason is one thing, but the regular season? Forgetaboutit.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Having made the trip to Europe many times over the past few years, I have to say they should use caution. The jet lag thing is really rough and getting there a few days in advance simply doesn't cut it. I really hate the idea, you also take away a home game from the team involved.

It depends on the time of day you fly and when you arrive. I did overnight to Paris once, got in there at 7 and it killed me. Another time I got into London at 5am, was tired then, but slept for six hours that afternoon and it had no effect on me.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Interesting that people keep mentioning the jet lag part. I never really believed that jet lag could strain a person that way. Everytime they mention the jet lag in the playoffs for the NBA every year , I usually shove it to the side thinking that it is irrelevant. I guess that is real.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I guess the NFL have to figure out who to give the bye-week to.

You can't play in Japan Sunday and comeback on a thanksgiving day to play the Commanders in Washington....:starspin Is that possible?:star: