NFL: QB Index -- Dak rises from 17 to 8

cern

Reaction score
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...rodgers-cam-newton/1v0wk3b5qav5z18cignb717d8c
https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-w...n-rodgers-vying-for-no-1-josh-allen-hits-top-
https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...fl-starting-quarterbacks-heading-week-3-games
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...into-top-10-as-carson-wentz-drew-brees-slide/

Heading into Week 3, Dak is ranked #5, #6, #6, and #8 by 4 sources. That averages out to (#5) overall, behind only Jackson, Rodgers, Mahomes, and Wilson.

I know it's still early, but the consensus now is that he's currently the #5 overall QB in the NFL. Not higher, not lower. The ones above him are certainly considered above him, and the ones below him are at least a step below.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’ve moved past obsessive a while ago.

What would you call it at this point?

Better be careful as history has shown otherwise with Mr. Prescott.....

508f9f78100c1d366b87f3e142705122.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It doesnt matter where dak ranks lol or any of the others.
What matters is how many wins, playoffs, how far in playoffs?
if you want to pay 45 mil a year for a qb with good stats, or standings, so be it , I would rather have one that knows how to win.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Frankly I don't agree with him ranked #8. He is surely better than Cam Newton and Tannehill. That makes him around #6. Maybe if you makes you feel better by saying his rank #6 rather than #5? It's funny that people can cheer for the Cowboys and not cheer for Dak don't you think?

What I don't like is Homerism, where people are willing to throw any other player under the bus because of the guy they have a man crush for and they become fans of the man and not of the team. Is that funny as well? I got no probs with Dak being the QB here. I'm on record for saying he is good but not elite. I don't think he is 5 or even 6 though, but that is besides the point. The point here is I posted one ranking where dak was 8 and then someone else posted three more where he was 5, 6 and 6 and instead of taking the average of those ranking, they came up with a nonsensical way to make their QB #5 because it would break their hearts otherwise. I still haven't heard an explanation why that method is more logical than taking the average ranking. We all know it is to feed their mancrush.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Math is not your strong suit I see. 4 sources you say and then you say 5, 6, 6, 8. That means (5+6+6+8)/2 = 6.25. And then there is the fact that 4 sources is hardly a big enough sample to have consensus
You failed the math test and did so with a clue.
Dak's average among ALL QBs is 5th.
All 32 QBs have an average ranking by the 4 services. Dak's ranks 5th.

This is why we can't have nice things.
The total of the 4 rankings is 25 divided by 4 is yes 6.25. Only 4 QBs averaged out below 6.25.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I was late to the party. I said 6.25 late.
again you guys need to practice math, lol.

Tell me the 6.24 QBs who are better?
Makes zero sense right?
Exactly.
Because that's dumb. You can't be the 6.25th ranked QB.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You failed the math test and did so with a clue.
Dak's average among ALL QBs is 5th.
All 32 QBs have an average ranking by the 4 services. Dak's ranks 5th.

This is why we can't have nice things.
The total of the 4 rankings is 25 divided by 4 is yes 6.25. Only 4 QBs averaged out below 6.25.

Again you fail statistics with a sample size of 4 and calling that a consensus that they think that Dak is #5 when three of the 4 sources gave him a lower ranking than 5. Again, failed to mention the logic of going that route in the first place than averaging out the 4 rankings. The Homers always accusing people of having agendas but finding nonsensical methods to get your guy to #5 and if that method fails next week find another method to get him there. >.>

As for 6.25 that is his average ranking on those 4 rankings. if you increase the sample size it become more accurate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Math is not your strong suit I see. 4 sources you say and then you say 5, 6, 6, 8. That means (5+6+6+8)/2 = 6.25. And then there is the fact that 4 sources is hardly a big enough sample to have consensus
The irony of you questioning his math skills when you are wrong lol.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The irony of you questioning his math skills when you are wrong lol.
Not really I did original note the sample size. The irony of all these hypocrites that love to bring up agendas, when the method presented obviously had an agenda. I asked why go around doing it that way, especially when only one of the 4 rankings gave Dak a rank of 5. I mean is it logically to assume that when you have 5, 6, 6 and 8 that the other three ranking wouldn't agree that Dak is 5. But I see ;) you guys as the phony stat manipulators as you are now. And I pointed out when next week that same method won't get dak into the top 5, another method would be used. So its the group always accusing others of having an agenda that are doing something that you'd only do if you do have an agenda.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not really I did original note the sample size. The irony of all these hypocrites that love to bring up agendas, when the method presented obviously had an agenda. I asked why go around doing it that way, especially when only one of the 4 rankings gave Dak a rank of 5. I mean is it logically to assume that when you have 5, 6, 6 and 8 that the other three ranking wouldn't agree that Dak is 5. But I see ;) you guys as the phony stat manipulators as you are now. And I pointed out when next week that same method won't get dak into the top 5, another method would be used. So its the group always accusing others of having an agenda that are doing something that you'd only do if you do have an agenda.
Is it that serious to manipulate something like this though lol? I think you’re taking this hard for whatever reason.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Is it that serious to manipulate something like this though lol? I think you’re taking this hard for whatever reason.
no the manipulation is done out of some sorta man love. I'm pointing it out. Curious why you defending it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*that B.S. opi called on the #13 in game one in the final minute of game play ? Well, were it not for that B.S. it could've quite possibly ,,,er,,, put that game into O.T.,,, (who knows where the cold wind blows then,eh?)o_O

Yobwocs

Reaction score
no the manipulation is done out of some sorta man love. I'm pointing it out. Curious why you defending it.

Dude man, let it go. You're so pressed about this one little thing, and persist on driving home this one little point.