NFL: QB Index, Week 11: Dak Prescott earns highest ranking of 2023; Josh Allen tumbles out of top 10

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

NFL QB Index, Week 11: Dak Prescott earns highest ranking of 2023; Josh Allen tumbles out of top 10​

Rank 4 -- Up 2 -- Dak Prescott -- Dallas Cowboys · Year 8

2023 stats: 9 games | 70.7 pct | 2,415 pass yds | 8.1 ypa | 17 pass TD | 6 INT | 135 rush yds | 2 rush TD | 1 fumble

When you’re hot, you’re hot, and Prescott was engulfed in flames on Sunday. The stats speak for themselves: 26 of 35, 404 pass yards and four touchdowns. Frankly, the tape was even better than the numbers. Outside of an inconsequential interception, Prescott could do no wrong, hitting his targets so consistently, he even found CeeDee Lamb for a 17-yard completion thrown off one foot because he’d lost his balance yet still put the ball where Lamb needed it. On one of his four touchdown passes, Prescott stepped into a heave of a throw to Michael Gallup, and Gallup won the race to the end zone, curving back inside a defender to catch it. Everything went Prescott’s way, which was a product of his fantastic accuracy, which was especially impressive when throwing on the run. That was the best detail of his entire performance, which saw Prescott rolling right and left to deliver precise passes no matter the depth or field position. He’s truly cooking right now, and it’s outrageously fun to watch.

#1 - Hurts (-) #2 - Mahomes (-) #3 - Tua (-) #4 - Dak (+2) #5 Stroud (+2) #6 Lamar Jackson (-2) #7 Burrow (+2) #8 Goff (+2) #9 Justin Herbert (+2) #10 Trevor Lawrence

---

Dak finally becomes a top 5 QB like the homers say he is? Haters will be out raged? Do you agree with this list?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-11-2023-nfl-season

plymkr

Reaction score
As a Dak “hater” (hater meaning someone who criticizes him when he plays bad) if he becomes a top 5 QB I’d be extremely happy because that means the team is in a better place to succeed. I’m a Cowboys fan, I am happy with anyone wearing the star that plays well because it helps the team.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak was Top 5 in 2016. 2020 before he got hurt. First 8 games of 2021. And he's Top 5 this year. Top 5 is nothing new for him.

The issue is when he falls, Cowboys fans get more enraged than Bills fans do when Josh Allen falls, which he has been - slowly and slowly getting worse.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak was Top 5 in 2016. 2020 before he got hurt. First 8 games of 2021. And he's Top 5 this year. Top 5 is nothing new for him.

The issue is when he falls, Cowboys fans get more enraged than Bills fans do when Josh Allen falls, which he has been - slowly and slowly getting worse.
It’s a lot of pressure playing QB for the Cowboys. Some say it’s the premier position in all of sports. It’s not fair but it is what it is. Romo and Aikman went through the same thing.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think Dak has achieved as much as anyone possibly could hope someone at his talent level could achieve. He's shown us what to expect from him in the past ...and I expect nothing more of him this season. Not a single bit more.

That's quite a compliment.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As a Dak “hater” (hater meaning someone who criticizes him when he plays bad) if he becomes a top 5 QB I’d be extremely happy because that means the team is in a better place to succeed. I’m a Cowboys fan, I am happy with anyone wearing the star that plays well because it helps the team.
If you only criticize him when he plays poorly, then you’re not a Dak hater. The Dak haters are the ones who criticize him even when he plays great. Just look around the board, you have a few haters (idiots) that have been bashing him ever since his great performance last Sunday. They can’t give him an ounce of credit, even when he plays great.

Motorola

Reaction score
It’s a lot of pressure playing QB for the Cowboys. Some say it’s the premier position in all of sports. It’s not fair but it is what it is. Romo and Aikman went through the same thing.
Every Cowboys quarterback that was a significant starter during their time in Dallas went through it.
Danny White
Craig Morton
Don Meredith
Even Roger Staubach; there were a significant contingent of Cowboys fans that couldn't stand his impromptu, spontaneous, unscripted runs...at times he exasperated Landry.

pitt33

Reaction score
Romo and Meredith went through it.

Aikman was revered in Dallas.

And winning three Super Bowls just added to his popularity.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

NFL QB Index, Week 11: Dak Prescott earns highest ranking of 2023; Josh Allen tumbles out of top 10​

Rank 4 -- Up 2 -- Dak Prescott -- Dallas Cowboys · Year 8

2023 stats: 9 games | 70.7 pct | 2,415 pass yds | 8.1 ypa | 17 pass TD | 6 INT | 135 rush yds | 2 rush TD | 1 fumble

When you’re hot, you’re hot, and Prescott was engulfed in flames on Sunday. The stats speak for themselves: 26 of 35, 404 pass yards and four touchdowns. Frankly, the tape was even better than the numbers. Outside of an inconsequential interception, Prescott could do no wrong, hitting his targets so consistently, he even found CeeDee Lamb for a 17-yard completion thrown off one foot because he’d lost his balance yet still put the ball where Lamb needed it. On one of his four touchdown passes, Prescott stepped into a heave of a throw to Michael Gallup, and Gallup won the race to the end zone, curving back inside a defender to catch it. Everything went Prescott’s way, which was a product of his fantastic accuracy, which was especially impressive when throwing on the run. That was the best detail of his entire performance, which saw Prescott rolling right and left to deliver precise passes no matter the depth or field position. He’s truly cooking right now, and it’s outrageously fun to watch.

#1 - Hurts (-) #2 - Mahomes (-) #3 - Tua (-) #4 - Dak (+2) #5 Stroud (+2) #6 Lamar Jackson (-2) #7 Burrow (+2) #8 Goff (+2) #9 Justin Herbert (+2) #10 Trevor Lawrence

---

Dak finally becomes a top 5 QB like the homers say he is? Haters will be out raged? Do you agree with this list?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-11-2023-nfl-season
Anybody putting hurts ahead of mahomes needs their head examined

plymkr

Reaction score
Romo and Meredith went through it.

Aikman was revered in Dallas.

And winning three Super Bowls just added to his popularity.
Aikman went through it a little bit, especially at the tail end of his career. I remember he was at a Dallas Mavericks game in 97 or 98 and they showed him on the big screen and the crowd booed him. That was brutal. And that was after he won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls. Or maybe the crowd was just full of idiots that night. But to your point, Romo, Meredith and Dak got it the worst.

plymkr

Reaction score
If you only criticize him when he plays poorly, then you’re not a Dak hater. The Dak haters are the ones who criticize him even when he plays great. Just look around the board, you have a few haters (idiots) that have been bashing him ever since his great performance last Sunday. They can’t give him an ounce of credit, even when he plays great.
I agree. I feel criticizing Dak when he plays bad and giving him respect when he plays good is being a fan. Hating him is like the degenerates that threw stuff at him on opening day last year. Don’t attack the person, either physically or verbally. But calling it out if he has a bad day isn’t “hating”. Or trying to be objective is not “hating”.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Aikman went through it a little bit, especially at the tail end of his career. I remember he was at a Dallas Mavericks game in 97 or 98 and they showed him on the big screen and the crowd booed him. That was brutal. And that was after he won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls. Or maybe the crowd was just full of idiots that night. But to your point, Romo, Meredith and Dak got it the worst.
A lot of people on the Zone are not from Dallas, so they didn't hear our local Radio Talk shows back in the 90's or people on the streets, the media back then. Dallas has some tough fans, and the cowboys were heavily criticized locally by fans and the local media. You can kind of tell the people who want the happy zone one here where people can only talk about positive things are probably not locals.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
A lot of people on the Zone are not from Dallas, so they didn't hear our local Radio Talk shows back in the 90's or people on the streets, the media back then. Dallas has some tough fans, and the cowboys were heavily criticized locally by fans and the local media. You can kind of tell the people who want the happy zone one here where people can only talk about positive things are probably not locals.
Good take. Being born and raised in Dallas, I understand what you‘re getting at. From fans wanting to crucify Jimmy and Jerra for taking out Landry, those 90’s battles with Dale Hansen, Randy Galloway & Others…. It could get rough. Just an extension of the high school roots. Texas takes its football serious.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. I feel criticizing Dak when he plays bad and giving him respect when he plays good is being a fan. Hating him is like the degenerates that threw stuff at him on opening day last year. Don’t attack the person, either physically or verbally. But calling it out if he has a bad day isn’t “hating”. Or trying to be objective is not “hating”.
Criticizing Dak when he plays bad and giving him credit when he plays good is normal fan behavior. However, there’s a number of fans who come here that don’t care to engage in normal fan behavior because they aren’t normal.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

My opinion is that Allen gets away with it because he is an awesome athlete with a canon of an arm, and went to the AFCCG. Those facts have bought him a lot of leeway in the minds of fans.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No a Dak hater is someone who criticizes him no matter of he plays god our bad. And you’re one of them.