NFL: QB Index, Week 11: Dak Prescott earns highest ranking of 2023; Josh Allen tumbles out of top 10

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak was Top 5 in 2016. 2020 before he got hurt. First 8 games of 2021. And he's Top 5 this year. Top 5 is nothing new for him.

The issue is when he falls, Cowboys fans get more enraged than Bills fans do when Josh Allen falls, which he has been - slowly and slowly getting worse.
My mind was just thinking of another Quarterback who fell after an elite stretch of play. Dak looked elite during a 15 game stretch from 2020-2021. He was passing for 400 yards every 2nd week. This was with a rookie CD, and an Amari Cooper which by now most of the league knows can sometimes be a very good receiver, but has never been elite. Now that Lamb is nearing a Calvin Johnson prototype, hopefully that in turn will make Dak elite.... and make that persist.

I don't exactly know why Dak fell off during the 2nd half of 2021. But Allen has proven that it doesn't just happen to Dak. Lots of people thought Allen was Brett Favre after that KC Divisional Game. I think at this point it's obvious he's not. I've seen every game they played since that Giants game and Allen looks.... pedestrian much less anything resembling 1995-1997 Favre.

Motorola

Reaction score
My mind was just thinking of another Quarterback who fell after an elite stretch of play. Dak looked elite during a 15 game stretch from 2020-2021. He was passing for 400 yards every 2nd week. This was with a rookie CD, and an Amari Cooper which by now most of the league knows can sometimes be a very good receiver, but has never been elite. Now that Lamb is nearing a Calvin Johnson prototype, hopefully that in turn will make Dak elite.... and make that persist.

I don't exactly know why Dak fell off during the 2nd half of 2021. But Allen has proven that it doesn't just happen to Dak. Lots of people thought Allen was Brett Favre after that KC Divisional Game. I think at this point it's obvious he's not. I've seen every game they played since that Giants game and Allen looks.... pedestrian much less anything resembling 1995-1997 Favre.
A growing number of Bills fans are disgruntled with their QB -
from him keeping on throwing that sideline out pass that always get intercepted, to questioning his work ethic during the offseason, and even accusing Allen of "going Hollywood ".

Reaction score
Dak was Top 5 in 2016. 2020 before he got hurt. First 8 games of 2021. And he's Top 5 this year. Top 5 is nothing new for him.
Exactly, regular season stats have never been Dak's problem, it's the consistently bad performances come playoff time. If he can have success there then he'll get the same fawning and hype that Josh Allen did.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Exactly, regular season stats have never been Dak's problem, it's the consistently bad performances come playoff time. If he can have success there then he'll get the same fawning and hype that Josh Allen did.
Well..... Dak went 7 rounds with Aaron Rodgers in 2016. It's not generally equated to what Allen did in the Divisional Round vs KC tho despite the premise being similiar. Both were trading blows, but the guy who got the ball last won in both cases.

Why those 2 aren't equated...... I dunno. Maybe one is just much older. Maybe Dak had a miserable 2017 year (the last half at least) when the original 2016 Dak fans jumped off his bandwagon, but it seems obvious that to most average people Dak's 3 SF games overshadows the rest of his career. Some people just needs better football encyclopedia... imo.

Generally speaking, I don't think Dak has been bad in the playoffs. In 4 out of 6 of his playoff games he did enough to win. The Rams and Packers could've both been wins with a better coach and a defense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
On Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, Prescott could become the fourth player with 300 passing yards and three TDs in four consecutive games, via Pro Football Talk's Michael David Smith. Two-time league MVP Patrick Mahomes and Hall of Famers Steve Young and Peyton Manning are the other QBs to accomplish this feat.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti..._feat_as_qb_seeks_extension/s1_13132_39544235

All of these accomplishments in this very season...do NOT just go swept under the carpet for Jerry Jones, Mike McCarthy, nor the person making the in season records for all time NFL records...not even for a fan disturbing mention of the number 28. That excuse for insult has out lived it's use as justification to not really be a fan of the Cowboys!!

Go Cowboys! Carolina in your sights, this Sunday! :starspin:

Blackrain

Reaction score
If you only criticize him when he plays poorly, then you’re not a Dak hater. The Dak haters are the ones who criticize him even when he plays great. Just look around the board, you have a few haters (idiots) that have been bashing him ever since his great performance last Sunday. They can’t give him an ounce of credit, even when he plays great.
It's Friday and they haven't put the post up about how you feel about Dak as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys so he must be playing pretty well

Have no fear it'll be sticky at the top of the page as soon as he has a rough game and struggles

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Here's something for the guy who said Sam wasn't making a bad team better. LMAO

Sam Howell is in his first year as the starting quarterback for the Washington Commanders and he’s already making some history.

Howell has started 11 career games, 10 this season, and the Week 18 finale against the Dallas Cowboys a year ago. In those 11 starts, he’s been impressive for the most part despite the Commanders’ record here in 2023.

He’s giving Commanders’ fans hope that he can be the quarterback of the future for the team with his play. And now, he’s in the record books. Per the Commanders’ PR staff, Howell is the only quarterback in NFL history to have thrown for over 2,900 passing yards, rushed for over 200 yards, and had a 65% completion percentage in his first 11 games in NFL history.

Scotman

Reaction score
Romo and Meredith went through it.

Aikman was revered in Dallas.

And winning three Super Bowls just added to his popularity.
I lived in Troy, TX for a while and they literally renamed the city Troy Aikman, TX during a brief celebration. I don't think he ever got the hate like Romo and Meredith. Dallas fans are pretty clear. Win a Superbowl and we will love you forever. If you can't/don't, we are interested in seeing the next guy.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well..... Dak went 7 rounds with Aaron Rodgers in 2016. It's not generally equated to what Allen did in the Divisional Round vs KC tho despite the premise being similiar. Both were trading blows, but the guy who got the ball last won in both cases.

Why those 2 aren't equated...... I dunno. Maybe one is just much older.
Prescott is 30, Allen is 27.
NFL Rookie Year- Prescott 2016, Allen 2018
Number of regular season games started- Prescott 106, Allen 87
Number of playoff games started- Prescott 6, Allen 8

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's Friday and they haven't put the post up about how you feel about Dak as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys so he must be playing pretty well

Have no fear it'll be sticky at the top of the page as soon as he has a rough game and struggles
Every week he plays well the percentage of fans that are happy with him as the QB increases. It’s called living in the moment. They’re probably isn’t a fan base that lives from week to week with the team and players as much as Cowboys fans.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's like Prescott vs. 53 to some here.