NFL Ratings are up for Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-jump-ratings-week-4-nfl-coverage/724246001/#

Fox’s NFL coverage netted a 12.6 rating and 26 share, a 14% increase over its Week 4 coverage a year ago. The network broadcast one game nationally on Sunday and the ratings were about 20% better than CBS’ singleheader coverage in Week 4 of 2016.

Fox had the top-rated NFL broadcast of the weekend and its best singleheader telecast since 2015, the network announced on Monday.

Excluding Week 1, where both viewership and the ability to gather ratings were impacted by Hurricane Irma, Fox reported its ratings had increased 1% over a year ago.

DFWJC

Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-jump-ratings-week-4-nfl-coverage/724246001/#

Fox’s NFL coverage netted a 12.6 rating and 26 share, a 14% increase over its Week 4 coverage a year ago. The network broadcast one game nationally on Sunday and the ratings were about 20% better than CBS’ singleheader coverage in Week 4 of 2016.

Fox had the top-rated NFL broadcast of the weekend and its best singleheader telecast since 2015, the network announced on Monday.

Excluding Week 1, where both viewership and the ability to gather ratings were impacted by Hurricane Irma, Fox reported its ratings had increased 1% over a year ago.
Hey 65, hope all is well.
Those examples not withstanding, I think overall ratings this year are down in the NFL.

"Ratings, stocks down
What's not disputed is that NFL ratings were down about 10% for the first three weeks of the season, which started Sept. 7, with about 15.8 million viewers (watching live or on DVR same-day), compared to 17.6 million during the first three weeks of 2016, according to Nielsen data. That follows a trend last year of overall viewership during the 2016 regular season, when ratings fell 8%."

I haven't seen final numbers for week 4, and we do know Cowboys games always buck the trend, but it's safe to say after 4 weeks, overall 2017 season NFL TV rating are still down.

I did see that the Sunday night game which was already down a full 10% last week (vs last year), was down yet another 5% this week..

Last edited:

Eddie

Reaction score
I haven't watched a single game this year. I'm enjoying the downtime with my family.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is like a reflexive response to cognitive dissonance for a class of people. Of course it poos all over your narrative and nevermind that USA Today is so moderate it is akin to milquetoast. That is not in your safe space though. Too bad.
We will poo away when the news continues to be fake. This is a one week only 3% bump because the Cowboys game was in a prime time Monday night slot. Week #5 will drop again because the Cowboys game was at noon and the NFL looses a considerable amout of it's viewership for the remaining games once that game is over.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We will poo away when the news continues to be fake. This is a one week only 3% bump because the Cowboys game was in a prime time Monday night slot. Week #5 will drop again because the Cowboys game was at noon and the NFL looses a considerable amout of it's viewership for the remaining games once that game is over.

So it's not fake then but instead you think you can explain why it doesn't matter. Got it.

PS The Cowboys played at noon on Sunday. You did not read the article nor can you keep up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is like a reflexive response to cognitive dissonance for a class of people. Of course it poos all over your narrative and nevermind that USA Today is so moderate it is akin to milquetoast. That is not in your safe space though. Too bad.
Hey Fuzzy, fwiw, I do think he's right on saying the title is not correct
The overall NFL TV ratings are down this year, not up.

There were a couple of isolated games that were up, but that's really about it.
But this trend was already in place last year, so not sure how it relates to the non-football things going on this season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So it's not fake then but instead you think you can explain why it doesn't matter. Got it.

PS The Cowboys played at noon on Sunday. You did not read the article nor can you keep up.
It's fake because the narrative is the NFL is on the rebound when that is not true.

PS I watched the Cowboys game so I know when it was played. I did read the article and you are irrelevant.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I read your post in this guys whiny voice:
IvMe9BS.jpg

And BTW, your usage of the term "cognitive dissonance" is so 2016. Step your game up, He-Man.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I read your post in this guys whiny voice:
IvMe9BS.jpg

And BTW, your usage of the term "cognitive dissonance" is so 2016. Step your game up, He-Man.

More snark in place of substance. And you guys are liking each other for it like a bunch of children.

I don't get my news from TV. Cool story though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's fake because the narrative is the NFL is on the rebound when that is not true.

PS I watched the Cowboys game so I know when it was played. I did read the article and you are irrelevant.

How is that the narrative? The article doesn't say that at all. You may have read it but you certainly did not read it with comprehension.

What it says is that the boycott has not materialized.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
More snark in place of substance. And you guys are liking each other for it like a bunch of children.

I don't get my news from TV. Cool story though.

You're one of the most snarkiest posters on this forum, bro.

Bottom line, we're not going to truly know the impact "Kneel-gate" has on the TV viewership/merchandise sale until the 2018 Salary Cap is announced. Ratings and polls and everything else can be spun, but at the end of the day, they can't BS how much income there is to spread around to the teams.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Hey 65, hope all is well.
Those examples not withstanding, I think overall ratings this year are down in the NFL.

"Ratings, stocks down
What's not disputed is that NFL ratings were down about 10% for the first three weeks of the season, which started Sept. 7, with about 15.8 million viewers (watching live or on DVR same-day), compared to 17.6 million during the first three weeks of 2016, according to Nielsen data. That follows a trend last year of overall viewership during the 2016 regular season, when ratings fell 8%."

I haven't seen final numbers for week 4, and we do know Cowboys games always buck the trend, but it's safe to say after 4 weeks, overall 2017 season NFL TV rating are still down.

I did see that the Sunday night game which was already down a full 10% last week (vs last year), was down yet another 5% this week..

I'm not worried about annual ratings. They've fallen for several years.

I was assured last week that they would PLUMMET...which isnt the case.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Some people are going to watch, others will not. Like sand through the hourglass.

The TV contracts are already written through 2022. Doubt you'll see the NFL panic any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.