Twitter: NFL Roster Cuts

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I actually liked Knight better than Steele last year. Both guys should be practice squad, though. Protect at least one of them from poaching since tackle depth is important.

Personally I'd roll with 8 OL (TS - CW - TB - ZM - LC , CMcG, Nsekhe, ) but that's just me

Um..that is only 7 you listed. Knight isn't necessarily better, but he doesn't play center like Farniok does. At best Knight is the 4th G or 4th T. Farniok is a Swiss army knife that can play every spot including center...and he didn't embarrass himself against Jacksonville's first DL.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Um..that is only 7 you listed. Knight isn't necessarily better, but he doesn't play center like Farniok does. At best Knight is the 4th G or 4th T. Farniok is a Swiss army knife that can play every spot including center...and he didn't embarrass himself against Jacksonville's first DL.
Okay I'd take Farniok then, but I'd still take Knight over Steele, and not just because of position flex. Steele got Dak murdered over and over again last year and Dak only played 5 games. Steele was responsible for the Cleveland and Seattle losses even more than the defense was, imo. Because it was the strip sack coming from that right edge that turned the tide both games.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Okay I'd take Farniok then, but I'd still take Knight over Steele, and not just because of position flex. Steele got Dak murdered over and over again last year and Dak only played 5 games. Steele was responsible for the Cleveland and Seattle losses even more than the defense was, imo. Because it was the strip sack coming from that right edge that turned the tide both games.
Knight was a Garrett/Colombo player, new regime prefers "their guy" in Steele. Steele does have the higher ceiling at tackle-who knows if he'll ever reach it though. Knight was always seen as a OG but had to fill at tackle because of injuries. And they have plenty of interior guys now.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's a reason HE was cut from the eagles of all teams sir. And I know that could be said about all players and released qbs. But point is I would feel better by trading for a backup not another jag
Johnny Unitas was cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers once upon a time. What did they not see in him? Colts found it none the less and the rest is history.

Loso86

Reaction score
Johnny Unitas was cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers once upon a time. What did they not see in him? Colts found it none the less and the rest is history.
Lol are we comparing Unitas, to this guy. Because if we doing that there are plenty 9f opposite comparisons lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
couple ditched ravens i like...
ot adrian ealy,ou
te tony poljan,virginia
fb/te ben mason,michigan

another discarded bengal...
dt renell wren,arizona st

titans release michigan st dt naquan jones.

They cut Mason? That was the fullback I wanted. Certainly wouldn't mind that pick up, but we cut Ralston, who played pretty well for us so I don't know if we plan to carry a fullback.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lol are we comparing Unitas, to this guy. Because if we doing that there are plenty 9f opposite comparisons lol
Not necessarily this guy but the art of knowing who is who is not a precise science as it comes to evaluating a players future worth. Johnny Unitas must have looked pretty ordinary to the Steelers. And if it would of been the end for him he wouldn't have registered even as a footnote in NFL history. Not comparing him to the late great Jonny U by any means.