NFL Rumors & Notes by Ben Maller 02/13/06...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Would you rather have a "Brett Favre" or a "Randall Cunningham?"

In their prime, I'd take either right now :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Running QB is what Vick is. What Young and Roger was early in their careers. Mobile is more like Elway. Plunkett was not that mobile; neither was Bradshaw. Tarkenton was that rare one in that he was a running QB that passed a lot as well. How he lasted so long was always a mystery to me.
Brady is mobile as well. McNair was one that ran a lot as a youngster. Cunningham always did. McFlabb is another mobile qb- not a running QB.
Vick is the only running QB in the NFL right now. Young might be one.
Good post. I think Young will work hard to develop a pocket presence. I still think he should have stayed for his Senior year to better develop that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
If they beat you, it doesn't matter how they do it. There's plenty of pocket qbs who've never been to a super bowl and plenty of them have either mediocre or crummy careers and no one brings it up. Why is there always a lot of complaining about running qbs in the NFL. Whether one is a pocket qb or run/passing qb, they've all been among the winners and failures. Why are some questioning Vince Young more than Jay Cutler. Cutler hasn't had the success of Vince Young, yet some here would take Cutler over Young. Shouldn't we want the best qb available, irrespective of style? Some compare Young to Vick or Cunningham, I compare Cutler to Kyle Boller. Wouldn't you rather have Vick or Cunningham over Boller?

Yes it does matter WR run routs they expect the ball to be there when they make their breaks and Jerry Rice was the man who went to Young to tell him you have to stay in there a bit longer and once Young did the 9ers and Young started having a lot more success. This is not college football where the QB is some one man show the QB job is to get others involved in the offense to spread the ball around. As for Cunningham when teams forced him to stay in the pocket he was not able to do much, he made a living off allowing plays to break down. Vick the guy is no more than a RB playing the QB position that is now on his 3rd QB coach and Atlanta is getting a bit nervous knowing they paid these guy big bucks hell they have blamed WR and QB coaches for Vicks own failing as a QB. Lastly here you go again with the QB beating this guy or that guy, QB is part of a team the team beats the other team not just the QB