News: NFL Rumors: Dallas Cowboys Engaged In Geno Smith Trade Deal; Tony Romo, Dez Bryant Excited For QB

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I don't know about this source, but it is interesting.

NFL Rumors: Dallas Cowboys Engaged In Geno Smith Trade Deal; Tony Romo, Dez Bryant Excited For QB

...The Dallas Cowboys, albeit a team that failed to become contenders last NFL season, are poised to bounce back exponentially this year. With the fully recovered Tony Romo leading the football team, fans of the group are eager to see how the Jerry Jones squad will turn things around for the franchise. However, the lack of a backup quarterback capable and healthy enough to head the Dallas Cowboys if Tony Romo gets injured is a pressing need today.

Will this be filled by Geno Smith? Given his comments following the Ryan Fitzpatrick contract signing this NFL offseason, the quarterback shared his openness to trade talks anytime. At this point, however, the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys have yet to officially comment of the possible Geno Smith trade. What is certain is that the young quarterback is working at regaining his reputation as a promising NFL star and hopefully, taking back his starting role from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://www.gospelherald.com/article...ged-geno-smith-trade-deal-tony.htm#closepopup

If you actually read that article and think it's legitimate I have some property to sell

RS12

Reaction score
Jets likely to cut somebody. I think Petty, who I dont think can play.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Probably posted this before the 1st preseason game, don't believe it will come true at all.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They likely do pick up a vet at final cuts and put Showers on the PS

Why a vet? Unless Dak doesn't show any improvement rest of preseason. Why would the Cowboys add a vet to the 53 roster, when he won't be on the active 48 (Dak will). Waste of a roster spot. If we need another QB, just call up Showers.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If he is better than Showers than go for it

Even if they wanted to do Showers for Smith I wouldn't. Geno would sulk because he's a.) not the present due to Romo and b.) not the future, due to Dak. And while I don't think it's a given that Dak becomes a future starter, or even longer odds against him being a future pro-bowlers, I'd say Geno just doesn't have enough upside or current ability for it to be worth getting him. Dak tears an ACL, bt all means get him, other than that, pass.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know about this source, but it is interesting.

NFL Rumors: Dallas Cowboys Engaged In Geno Smith Trade Deal; Tony Romo, Dez Bryant Excited For QB

...The Dallas Cowboys, albeit a team that failed to become contenders last NFL season, are poised to bounce back exponentially this year. With the fully recovered Tony Romo leading the football team, fans of the group are eager to see how the Jerry Jones squad will turn things around for the franchise. However, the lack of a backup quarterback capable and healthy enough to head the Dallas Cowboys if Tony Romo gets injured is a pressing need today.

Will this be filled by Geno Smith? Given his comments following the Ryan Fitzpatrick contract signing this NFL offseason, the quarterback shared his openness to trade talks anytime. At this point, however, the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys have yet to officially comment of the possible Geno Smith trade. What is certain is that the young quarterback is working at regaining his reputation as a promising NFL star and hopefully, taking back his starting role from Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://www.gospelherald.com/article...ged-geno-smith-trade-deal-tony.htm#closepopup
http://i899.***BLOCKED***/albums/ac195/pew_pew/General/michaelno.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The OP should be ashamed for even posting this.

Might as well post a Tweet from Incarcerated Bob, it would have more validity.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
remember this was before Dak played in that preseason game, and if Smith does get cut, which i think he will, he isn't a bad option.
That's the thing Chris. He is a bad option. This isn't a slam on you though. It's a slam on the concept. Geno Smith is a terrible QB and a terrible teammate. I've had the displeasure of seeing the mess he's made close up here in NY. HIs teammates hate him, the fans hate him and he's failed at every opportunity he's had with the Jets. His accuracy stinks, His decision making is mess and his interpersonal skills are worse than TO.

The idea is as bad as (if not worse) than Manziel.

Also,just because someone writes something on a website (GospelHerald? Seriously?) it does not mean that there is any validity to it or that it carries any more weight than you bringing it up here on this board. It's not any form of support. The only difference is that the Gospel Herald is getting more clicks than it ever has... and that's the goal for them. There is not a single shred of evidence (or even a hint of evidence) that the Cowboys and Jets have talked about it. That's even admitted in that article.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Speaking of Incarcerated Bob, it appears it is the source material for this sludge: