NFL says Gates must sit out against Dallas

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
and Eli and his daddy got to sit home in Jan and watch the other choker Manning get his butt kicked in the playoffs, meanwhile San Diego was winning 12 games and came within a gimmee fg of going to the 2nd rd of the playoffs...

yeah, gotta hand it to those Mannings, they really showed the Chargers :rolleyes:

David

Can't agree here. The Mannings were right on there decision IMO. SD is gun shy since Leaf. They should have paid this TE, if for no other reason then to compensate him for what he was able to do for the club last year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Can't agree here. The Mannings were right on there decision IMO. SD is gun shy since Leaf. They should have paid this TE, if for no other reason then to compensate him for what he was able to do for the club last year.

didnt they pay Tomlinson primo $$$?

Gates is a one yr wonder until he proves otherwise, the guy had an awesome yr but he was terrible in that NYJ game...the commentators were all over him with how he was a one dimensional player, and they were right on that day...

David

ghst187

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Once it registers to the NFL that Gates will miss the game against Dallas, they will find some way to get him in there... ;)

Sad but soooo true

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Draegerman said:
Not me. I'll take having him set out because Dallas needs, right now, any breaks that they can get.
What he said. The breaks fall both ways, why would you take the bad breaks we get (like Rogers, Cundiff) but want to phase other teams straight up?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Draegerman said:
Not me. I'll take having him set out because Dallas needs, right now, any breaks that they can get. Even without Gates playing, San Diego is still too strong of an opponent for Dallas to beat straight up. All of this can definitely change as the season progresses and they continue developing their team chemistry, something that's going to take considerable time for a young team to accomplish.

With a Dallas win, they'll quickly gain momentum (along with confidence) and should more than likely start off the season 4-0 when they square off against Philadelphia. This will help bring back the swagger that they have sorely lacked for quite some time now and make them a more formidable adversary once again against the Eagles. I understand what you're saying but as it stands right now, we don't really know what kind of team that we've got until the regular season begins and as far as I'm concerned, we need all of the help that we can get if we hope to start out on the right foot.

Absolutely.
We need wins to get in the playoffs. I could care oless if we beat Philly cause TO is slapping McNabb or the sideline or not. While I dont wish injuries on teams I do wholeheartedly welcome them making stupid mistakes or imploding over character issues if they benefit us. SD being player haters and TO being a timebomb are part of who those teams are just like us starting a less than ideal Rt is part of who we are. It snot liek they are gonna say we wish Dallas would have signed a stud RT so we can beat them at their best is it??

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
WOOHITZ said:
The hell with Gates being out...i'm more concerned about Mr. Tomlinson :)

Someone needs to Nancy Kerrigan LT...

ravidubey

Reaction score
Draegerman said:
Not me. I'll take having him set out because Dallas needs, right now, any breaks that they can get. Even without Gates playing, San Diego is still too strong of an opponent for Dallas to beat straight up. All of this can definitely change as the season progresses and they continue developing their team chemistry, something that's going to take considerable time for a young team to accomplish.

With a Dallas win, they'll quickly gain momentum (along with confidence) and should more than likely start off the season 4-0 when they square off against Philadelphia. This will help bring back the swagger that they have sorely lacked for quite some time now and make them a more formidable adversary once again against the Eagles. I understand what you're saying but as it stands right now, we don't really know what kind of team that we've got until the regular season begins and as far as I'm concerned, we need all of the help that we can get if we hope to start out on the right foot.

I respectfully disagree. I want wins that no one can question. Those build the most confidence! Of course, we can only play who's on the schedule!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Absolutely.
We need wins to get in the playoffs. I could care oless if we beat Philly cause TO is slapping McNabb or the sideline or not. While I dont wish injuries on teams I do wholeheartedly welcome them making stupid mistakes or imploding over character issues if they benefit us. SD being player haters and TO being a timebomb are part of who those teams are just like us starting a less than ideal Rt is part of who we are. It snot liek they are gonna say we wish Dallas would have signed a stud RT so we can beat them at their best is it??
Ditto....

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I respectfully disagree. I want wins that no one can question. Those build the most confidence! Of course, we can only play who's on the schedule!

That's fine and I respect what you're saying but my point is that we're not going to beat them at this point in time especially if they have Gates in the game.

Without him there, the Cowboys can focus on LT with eight men in the box and could quite possibly upset the 'Bolts on their own home field.

I'd take that in a heartbeat even if the next day the media starts making excuses for them because they didn't have all of their weapons out there.

I say give us your best later on in the season once our team has had more time to gel.