NFL sees viewership decline for conference championship games

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched both games but I kinda like football

I missed the Hawks-GB game, because I had other plans. I would've watched it.

I had time to watch the indy-ne game and got bored in the3rd qtr and turned.

I'm mildly interested in Seattle mediocre offense going against the Brady machine.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I missed the Hawks-GB game, because I had other plans. I would've watched it.

I had time to watch the indy-ne game and got bored in the3rd qtr and turned.

I'm mildly interested in Seattle mediocre offense going against the Brady machine.

One more game and no football till Sept? I'll watch

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I did not any of either gamein protest of the screw job the NFL pulled on the cowboys.cowboys and their fans have only 2 playoff wins in the last 18 years and they pull this kind of crap.it shows that the idea that the NFL wants Dallas to win is a joke.looks like they think they are better off when the cowboys are losing. lot of cowboys hater out there. and the NFL made the haters very happy with the screw job they put on the cowboys.

ftghb

Reaction score
no lie, the bad call controversies took a lot of the joy and motivation out of watching these games for me.

I'm going to put the cowboy homer glasses down for second and remind everyone that they're comparing these ratings to last year's championship games, of which the dallas cowboys weren't a part of either. So, no.....ratings aren't down because the cowboys are out of the playoffs.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
This sits well with me. We will always be the cash cow.

I detailed my car instead of watching these games.

I went to yoga, to lunch, to shop and bought some completely fabulous new shoes. But the shoes didn't make me feel any better.... I must admit feeling a little better after reading how the Packers lost. lmao.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
More people tuned in to watch the end of the SEA-GB game than last year at any point. 60.5m viewers compared to 60.2m last year.

The numbers had more to do with the score than the matchups.

Wait. People don't like to sit through until the end of a 45-7 game?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is pushed on us by the nfl but he is not interesting or exciting. Good young QB and seems like a good kid. But overhyped and no one cares about Indianapolis

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I only watched the last part when I knew that Seattle and GB was tied and going into overtime. I really didn't care either way who won. Since they blew that call against the Cowboys why should I ever watch another NFL game again if the Cowboys ain't playing? Cowboys = viewership and the NFL messed up by giving that game to GB for no reason whatsoever.

Wishbone82

Omaha! Omaha!
Reaction score
The NE-Ind game had to have been one of the most boring championship games in recent memories. You could tell after each teams first series who the superior team was.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Andrew Luck is pushed on us by the nfl but he is not interesting or exciting. Good young QB and seems like a good kid. But overhyped and no one cares about Indianapolis

I tried saying this last night but so many still actually think he's elite. When he has subpar playoff numbers and this is the 2nd year in a row his team has gotten drilled. He's way overhyped but that's a product of the media. It's what they do.

Boring player and boring team, Colts that is.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
so glad marshawn went into complete beast mode...

sent those packers home..

a little of justice was served yesterday thanks to that beast.

having said that...we would be playing in the superbowl had we played in that game...

no way in hell we lose yesterday the way seattle was playing.

Lazyking

Reaction score
The ratings system it is, it doesn't matter if a few disgruntled cowboys fans don't watch. You have to have a Neislen box to count.

I love the Cowboys but I love football too. These are not bad ratings at all. any other sport would kill for them. Yes, Cowboys are a draw but if the games were close throughout, they would have broke records. fact.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Aside from the last half of the 4th quarter of the Seattle/GB game, both these games were utterly boring. Not surprised - just hope the SB is better.