NFL sends video to teams regarding players reporting as eligible

Sage3030

Reaction score
That video shows 70 reporting with 23 seconds to go just like he had been all game. Won’t shut up some people, but it proves this wasn’t rigged, that the refs did not mess up this play, and that both fouls(illegal touching and illegal formation) were the right calls. 70 reported.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That video shows 70 reporting with 23 seconds to go just like he had been all game. Won’t shut up some people, but it proves this wasn’t rigged, that the refs did not mess up this play, and that both fouls(illegal touching and illegal formation) were the right calls. 70 reported.
70 did a physical sign. The video says there needs to be a physical AND a verbal sign and he contends he didn't give a verbal. Maybe Campbell thought he could get away with only doing one and not the other.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ah, okay. So a player who reports has to stay in an eligible position and can't then have the formation shift to him being ineligible. I thought they might make that change to the rule afterwards but it's already been part of the rule.
I said Sunday night that their formation became illegal the instant Sewell lined up outside of Skipper. They can whine and cry all they want but I will keep repeating.. They got cute, they got caught, they got beat.

loublue22

Reaction score
Still a ton of people on ESPN all day talking about how the refs should be "held accountable", and they made a "game-changing mistake". We all know they would have been fine with Dallas losing on a pass to a player never announced eligible.

Morons.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
70 did a physical sign. The video says there needs to be a physical AND a verbal sign and he contends he didn't give a verbal. Maybe Campbell thought he could get away with only doing one and not the other.
Exactly. They thought they could convince the Cowboys that Skipper was the eligible player and not Decker.

I would have given it to them just for the sheer genius of it.

BTW, I am 100% convinced that had we not inducted Jimmy that play would have stood.

Sage3030

Reaction score
Dude ran up and around players to the ref. The ref saw what he was doing(declaring) and gave him what he wanted, to be declared eligible.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Let’s be very clear, even back to the point when Campbell supposedly told the refs that number 68 at some point in the game would be reporting as an eligible receiver. All of this was orchestrated and planned, and it’s cheating. Then he sends number 70 out there touching his numbers, which is the signal for I’m going to be an eligible receiver on this play. Whether he gave a verbal or not to confirm it. The fact is that the refs announced to the Cowboys and the entire world that number 70 was the eligible receiver. Then they try and line up as being in eligible, to confuse the refs, to confuse the fans, and to confuse the Cowboys most of all. And then dare the refs to call back the conversion. In my opinion, the refs should be highly commended for standing up to this nonsense, and not allowing to play the stand. That took some cojones to make that call. But it was the right call and they made it. Mr. Campbell you got caught trying to cheat, so shut your mouth and take your loss and move along.