News: NFL: Stephen Jones: We'll sign Prescott at the right number

Section446

Reaction score
"We certainly want Dak to be happy, but we also want to surround him with great football players.""

I wish Dak would understand this one line
They know that he isn't the type of QB that makes the players around him better, he's the type that has to have elite talent at every position to have success. That quote is VERY telling and I couldn't agree more.

kskboys

Reaction score
What does negotiating for a Max money have to do with surrounding Dak with great players?
This isn't the PRE 2011-2019 CBA.

Cap Hell is trope pushed by lazy GMs and cheap owners to feed gullible fans into thinking some top QB market restricts teams from acquiring top free agents, drafting effectively and talent development.

Brainwashed football fans believe this Cap Hell 19th and 20th Century dog whistle....

Smart teams hire intelligent people to handle salary caps...Cheap owners and dinosaur GMs sell this crap to fans...
Must we go over this again?

There's really no need to sling insults. You're incorrect in your reasoning, so you feel the need to insult? Very strange.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ultimately if Stephen has drawn the line in the sand then Dak will eventually have to decide if he wants to play for the Tag or hold out.

The Cowboys obviously don’t feel Dak deserves to be the highest paid QB in the league at this time. It doesn’t fit into their Cap Mgmt.

I’d say the signing of Dalton presents insurance in case Dak holds out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Personally while Dak deserves to be paid I support the Cowboys stance on contract negotiations. Top 5 money appears fair .

If we go to a couple championships then let him hold out then and renegotiate. Until then based on the performance , talent level and results thus far , Top 5 money is very reasonable.

Part of the problem Jerry has created with all of his “ we are totally all in on Dak”. Jerry’s relentless eternal optimism publicly in support of his players never places him in a good negotiating position.

But this signing of Dalton definitely provides more bargaining power for Cowboys so our season isn’t necessarily over if Dak holds out.