NFL strength of schedule

Flamma

Reaction score
I dont get it, what is this saying?
Is this how weak our 2022 schedule is ? Or last year ? or something else?

It doesnt make sense for dallas to have that weak of schedule this season.

I think it has more to do with our division. Look at the last 4 teams on the list. So I am assuming this list is based on wins and losses from last year.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I think that is hairsplitting. It's sort of obvious what was meant and you even picked up on it. While you're correct in that rosters is a better way to put it, I think everyone would catch the intent.
I don't pay attention to any of the sports talk shows. All of my information about the NFL comes from this site. So when I read his statement I found myself thinking...did a team switch cities? Did a team rename themselves? Is he talking about the Washington football team? Who the heck is he talking about? Then I realized what he meant. So for awhile there I thought a teamed had been sold or something.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’ve never, ever, ever bought this crap! Every year 50% of playoff teams turnover. None of this matters in the NFL. 2019 people were chalking up wins like Buffalo on Thanksgiving and that’s when Bills started growing. I was there and it was ugly. Never trust this!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I would love to see the responses if we had one of the hardest schedules according to this. Methinks it would matter way more, lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with our division. Look at the last 4 teams on the list. So I am assuming this list is based on wins and losses from last year.
ok I did notice that lol , all 4 east teams are down there, so does that mean they all have the easiest schedules ?
There is some truth to that as the afc west and nfc west are tough when they play each other twice.

So all the east teams have an easier time of it, unless they all play better this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This thread's article is a joke.

Cowboys ctually have a pretty tough schedule of opponents.

2021-OPPONENTS.jpg

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yes because in the NFL strength of schedule matters, it isn't like the 90s where college teams rankings were influenced by strength of schedule of certain games they were allowed to pick. No team has any control over who the play except the 3 games decided by where you finished the prior season, if you want to say that is "control"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would love to see the responses if we had one of the hardest schedules according to this. Methinks it would matter way more, lol.
Lol…..had we the toughest schedule all the doom and gloomers would be using it as prime info for why we will suck. Since it’s the easiest of course it means nothing. Lol

Flamma

Reaction score
ok I did notice that lol , all 4 east teams are down there, so does that mean they all have the easiest schedules ?
There is some truth to that as the afc west and nfc west are tough when they play each other twice.

So all the east teams have an easier time of it, unless they all play better this season.

I also think the NFC East plays the AFC South if I'm not mistaken. Titans Texans jags and Colts.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'm dumbfounded by this statement. This list is based of off rosters that don't exist anymore, would be a better way of expressing your thought. Because the teams are still there, it's just their rosters have changed.
I'll be sure to run my posts by you from now on, make sure I'm expressing myself properly. Wouldn't want to dumbfound you again.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hard to believe it's the easiest but last year was the easiest in a long time. Even easier then 2016. This year looks easier than 2016 also.

plymkr

Reaction score
Strength of schedule means nothing
I agree, no one knows who is going to have a break out player that changes the complexion of a team or no one knows if the injury bug will decimate a team. I like the old adage, it's not who you play but when you play them.