NFL strength of schedule

Flamma

Reaction score
Who really cares how easy or tough a schedule is? Only teams that may or may not make the playoffs. If you're a contender it shouldn't matter. You expect to beat everyone.

Do chiefs fans care? Did Patriots fans care for those two decades? Did Dallas fans care back in the early 90s how tough the schedule was?

It's cool to look at but I doubt it has any impact on a team's fate.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While there may have been some improvement in the NFC East we should handle the division easily. With our defense I will say 12 and 5 is doable

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
The giants just get to skate through bottom of the league.. they should be the team with all the pressure. Especially Danny Boy at qb. Nobody on that team has orovened anything and you don’t hear a thing about it.

man I dispise that team

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I also think the NFC East plays the AFC South if I'm not mistaken. Titans Texans jags and Colts.
well titans and colts are good, and both have strong run game !
Texans , who knows about them, but jags should be better this season. New coaches, qb in 2nd year, more high draft picks.
Dallas 2-2 with those games

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Who really cares how easy or tough a schedule is? Only teams that may or may not make the playoffs. If you're a contender it shouldn't matter. You expect to beat everyone.

Do chiefs fans care? Did Patriots fans care for those two decades? Did Dallas fans care back in the early 90s how tough the schedule was?

It's cool to look at but I doubt it has any impact on a team's fate.
thats a good point, but we are talking about the jones led cowboys !!!!!! :lmao2:

Flamma

Reaction score
well titans and colts are good, and both have strong run game !
Texans , who knows about them, but jags should be better this season. New coaches, qb in 2nd year, more high draft picks.
Dallas 2-2 with those games

Yes, very possible. I'm hoping we at least go 3-1. I don't think any other AFC division would be easier even if we went 2-2 against the AFC South.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schedules always look one way on paper and then unfold a completely different way once the season wears on.

Yeah, can't wait for us to beat AR in GB, and they are 1 game under .500 after that. So the naysayers can say we don't beat winning teams. Even if GB finishes over .500 it won't count, because they weren't a winning team when we beat them. :laugh::popcorn:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve never, ever, ever bought this crap! Every year 50% of playoff teams turnover. None of this matters in the NFL. 2019 people were chalking up wins like Buffalo on Thanksgiving and that’s when Bills started growing. I was there and it was ugly. Never trust this!

Yes, as last year 7 different teams in the playoffs I believe. The year before it was 6.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at the last 4.

The strength of schedule they will release at the end of the season is far more accurate. It's like power rankings, wanna bet they change from the beginning of the season.

These people passed absurd a long time ago trying to fill in while covering a part time sport full time. What's next, the preseason All Pro's and 2022 Rookies to make the HOF?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
that ranking means jack squat. As the season gets going there are going to be games that looked like a piece of cake when the schedule came out, and by week 7 that team will be 5-2 and looking great. It happens every year. teams we thought were going to be very good will stink.

Have we not learned from all the years of watching this game you cant predict a darn thing?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 4 easiest schedules are the NFCE teams. Coincidence? Probably not. :laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Check out 31/32.......can you say more pressure for MM (lol)

Amazingly there isn’t as much disparity from #1 tp
Check out 31/32.......can you say more pressure for MM (lol)

Amazingly there’s not as much disparity as some might think from top to bottom with only .100 percentage separating #1 to #31. I was truly surprised. True parity.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
The NFL is adding a unique twist to their schedule for the 2022-23 season, there will be a Monday Night Football doubleheader in Week 2. However, unlike previous seasons, a portion of both games will be airing at the same time.

In the first game on Sept. 19, the Tennessee Titans take on the Buffalo Bills at 7:15 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast on ESPN.

In the second game, the Minnesota Vikings are scheduled to face the Eagles in Philadelphia. That game is slated to start at 8:30 p.m. ET and will be shown on ABC.
https://dailysnark.com/2022/05/09/espn-announces-week-2-monday-night-football-double-header-for-2022-nfl-season/