NFL teams can open facilities on May 19

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Sportscenter said no coaches and only players that are trying to rehab.

This isn’t going to be the conditioning program. But I do feel more comfortable that the season will happen (likely without fans)

Indeed. Just one more step in a positive direction. Not three weeks ago it was all gloom and doom here - it's great to see that we're taking positive steps toward games in September. To me, seems inevitable now.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yep. I do not see how they fill those stadiums up with fans...I wonder do they attempt to do a 6 feet apart type situation with fans?

Exactly what I think they're going to consider. In fact, one owner has already implied it's something he thinks may work. If you think about, partially filled stadiums are better than nothing. Not to mention you can gradually increase as the season goes on. For example, The Cowboys would be only allowed to sell 25% AT&T 90k capacity ( approx 22.5K tickets) as the season starts.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All team facilities will have to open at the same time. We’ll see what happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wonder if Dak will show up.

With a new HC and system he needs to be there unless he wants to set himself up for a rough season. My guess is he won’t be there. He’s likely to stay away from any participation until after July 15 unless he has a new contract prior to that.

rags747

Reaction score
I started in 1997. In 2014 I transferred to road maintenance for higher pay. In 2019 I transferred back to tolls because the pay wasn't high enough to do that BS work when I can just collect tolls. I'm at exit 7.

Security? There's cameras everywhere. Unless you're in the bathroom, there's a camera.
No, I meant job security with all of the automated lanes and plate readers these days. I’m with you, would rather do the tolls instead of breaking my azz on road work. Good luck with it!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly what I think they're going to consider. In fact, one owner has already implied it's something he thinks may work. If you think about, partially filled stadiums are better than nothing. Not to mention you can gradually increase as the season goes on. For example, The Cowboys would be only allowed to sell 25% AT&T 90k capacity ( approx 22.5K tickets) as the season starts.
RIGHT. And they'd take a hit but the NFL could afford to take that hit. Call me crazy but I think that would actually be cool to be in a stadium 22% full.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wonder if Dak will show up.

Now that I’ve seen some clarification it’s definite he won’t show up and none of the other players will show up either. Only the players that are rehabbing injuries will be allowed in.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Facilities will be opening their doors on May 19 but very few will be allowed in. Some trainers an injured players that are rehabbing. At least we’re making some progress and time is on our side.

Flamma

Reaction score
No, I meant job security with all of the automated lanes and plate readers these days. I’m with you, would rather do the tolls instead of breaking my azz on road work. Good luck with it!

Oh. 9 years is the time table they are looking at to go fully automated in tolls.

Aven8

Reaction score
I was thinking about how Covid could ravage a locker room, much like the flu, and let’s say 26 guys get it. That would mean they wouldn’t have enough players to field a team on Sunday as they would all be in quarantine.

Do they forfeit or what?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yep. I do not see how they fill those stadiums up with fans...I wonder do they attempt to do a 6 feet apart type situation with fans?
so, you know it is impossible to talk about this and not break the rues about corona virus talk, right?
That being said, people are already at bars , no masks, side by side and it is MAY. By Sept, if the virus hasnt exploded due to reopening, they will have NO PROBLEMS getting fans to attend these games.

Also, throw in the fact that the ticket prices will not be ridiculously priced on stub hub and similar ticket venues for obvious reasons.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I guess the old military expression nuts to butts is no longer applicable. Or even politically correct.
the military probably cant even talk like that anymore. I can see recruits now requesting to see the platoons CO so they can report those mean drill instructors for using such mean language.

smh