NFL teams can open facilities on May 19

Rayman70

Reaction score
We are ahead of schedule actually. Its just May and now we can open up the team facility. NO ONE thought this possible when this thing first broke out. Now its baby steps to normalcy. We are on a trajectory to having it all work out well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Abbott is supposed to announce today, the 18th on further openings of facilities in Texas. As well, places already open may go from 25% to 50% capacity.
Then again he may say keep it as is for another week or two.

How this effects the NFL's ruling on reopening, not sure. But it is a start. As each week goes by we are getting closer to some form of team meetings or OTA's. Even if they have to do it in masks as the 6 foot rule may be relaxed as well.

Has anyone seen pics of Wisconsin bars since they declared the stay at home order unconstitutional? They are packed. Which I think they did this so the Packers could get together and hold practices even without the NFL's approval. There, that is my conspiracy theory of the NFL's love for GB to let them cheat. :laugh:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Sportscenter said no coaches and only players that are trying to rehab.

This isn’t going to be the conditioning program. But I do feel more comfortable that the season will happen (likely without fans)

how can you have football without fans?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They could probably half fill the stadiums and get away with it as long as it's an open air stadium.

As far as my job goes, yeah, I'll be taking precautions as far as my work area goes and wearing gloves. But I won't be doing anything about the money I am handing out. That goes out the way it came in, along with whatever's on it.

that Would bankrupt the league.

either play football, or sit home with a stupid mask on that doesn’t even work.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That's crazy. Unlike NASCAR, it's a contact sport. One player gets the COVID-19, they said they'll shut it down. Why even put players at danger by opening the season. Until there's a cure, no sporting events should open. Absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Flamma

Reaction score
You're not that far from me.
I'm exit 4 .
The good/ bad part about where your at is your gonna get both eagles and giants fans.

I just went back to tolls. I worked by exit 4 in the maintenance yard for 5 years at mile marker 37.1 just north of 4. All Eagles fans down there. Exits 7 and 7A is like the border. North of that is all Giants and Jets fans.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
There are things they can do that will allow them to open up on time, play the game and have fans in the stadium, maybe not at full capacity but still a lot and that is better than none. I think every player will be tested regularly - hopefully they will have a rapid test that is very reliable by then - I am sure something can be done with the facemask to make it more like a shield, someone can invent a walk through thermometer for the fans before they enter the stadium, Pre Ordered drinks and snacks that will be delivered during the game - no concession stands open during the event - no grouping of seats larger than 5 with two empty seats between all ticket holders, make masks mandatory during the event, stuff like that. Won't be 100% effective but will limit it a good bit I would guess.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Abbott is supposed to announce today, the 18th on further openings of facilities in Texas. As well, places already open may go from 25% to 50% capacity.
Then again he may say keep it as is for another week or two.

How this effects the NFL's ruling on reopening, not sure. But it is a start. As each week goes by we are getting closer to some form of team meetings or OTA's. Even if they have to do it in masks as the 6 foot rule may be relaxed as well.

Has anyone seen pics of Wisconsin bars since they declared the stay at home order unconstitutional? They are packed. Which I think they did this so the Packers could get together and hold practices even without the NFL's approval. There, that is my conspiracy theory of the NFL's love for GB to let them cheat. :laugh:
agree....I'm in Texas too. We have handled all this maybe the best out of all the states. Kudos to the gov...and the people here for being practical.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's crazy. Unlike NASCAR, it's a contact sport. One player gets the COVID-19, they said they'll shut it down. Why even put players at danger by opening the season. Until there's a cure, no sporting events should open. Absolutely nothing to get excited about.
How on earth will the players be able to make a living? How will they make their huge payments every month? There was a lot of talk about canceling the season but these questions now demand a solution, for the businesses and players. Reality is a *****!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You scurred? Stay home. Nuff said.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

it will bankrupt the leagues. They need the revenue.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There are things they can do that will allow them to open up on time, play the game and have fans in the stadium, maybe not at full capacity but still a lot and that is better than none. I think every player will be tested regularly - hopefully they will have a rapid test that is very reliable by then - I am sure something can be done with the facemask to make it more like a shield, someone can invent a walk through thermometer for the fans before they enter the stadium, Pre Ordered drinks and snacks that will be delivered during the game - no concession stands open during the event - no grouping of seats larger than 5 with two empty seats between all ticket holders, make masks mandatory during the event, stuff like that. Won't be 100% effective but will limit it a good bit I would guess.

yes. Testing is the key.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Guessing season will open at half capacity.

whAts the difference between 35,000 fans and 70,000 ?

Hockey arenas are smaller and enclosed. Baseball is open.

smaller crowds don’t work.

Just wash your hands and don’t sneeze on people.