NFL teams with the lowest cap space

Sydla

Reaction score
It is cash spent this year. You got it right with dead money, but dead money only accounts for proration of players who are no longer on the roster. Dallas has a huge amount of prorated money still on the roster. Like Dak, for instance, is only on the payroll for 34m$ this year. Thats because he has 25m$ in prorations that hit the cap but are not from this year’s expenditures.

So this list just blindly misleading. Dallas “borrowed” cap space from this year in previous years, so they’re just paying that off… which won’t be included in payroll.
Yes, one year snap shots don't tell much, hence why I mentioned the 2016-2020 numbers.

Further, a quick google search shows a tweet from the NFLPA that over the 2021 and 2022 seasons, the Cowboys were 5th from the bottom in cash spent. I don't have the 2023 but it seems that there are some trends here that despite claiming Jerry ain't cheap............ he might be kinda cheap.

Sydla

Reaction score
None yet, but they are a contender. Those are the type of players you need.
But we had them already. So when these three are the response to what Dallas is selling the fans or McCarthy, LOL.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
look Rambo i applaud you for the stance you take but this is a hard sell right now...all 3 have in fact NOT shown up for playoff games latley...its like selling a car that keeps dying on the road by saying "Man its built to stay running so hopefully one day..it will stay running"..when the person your selling to was stuck on the side of the road with it when it died the last time..

rambo2

Reaction score
look Rambo i applaud you for the stance you take but this is a hard sell right now...all 3 have in fact NOT shown up for playoff games latley...its like selling a car that keeps dying on the road by saying "Man its built to stay running so hopefully one day..it will stay running"..when the person your selling to was stuck on the side of the road with it when it died the last time..
I find it amusing to get rid of outstanding players. It's like fans are insane.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I find it amusing to get rid of outstanding players. It's like fans are insane.
ok either you dont get the irony in what you just said or you need to know the definiton of insane..I'm not sure if i find this amusing or if I'm worried a little bit...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Honestly don't know how you can watch that Green Bay game and say something like this. We already knew Martin, Smith and Lawrence were not going to get the job done. My hopes were that Bland and Parsons and CD would be the difference makers. Change the narrative. It was worse than ever. Worse than anyone could have imagined. Bland and CD and Parsons were worse than non existent. Their very presence was a hinderance. The entire core is clearly rotten. I know it suck to face reality but it was all there on display for anyone who wanted to see.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Honestly don't know how you can watch that Green Bay game and say something like this. We already knew Martin, Smith and Lawrence were not going to get the job done. My hopes were that Bland and Parsons and CD would be the difference makers. Change the narrative. It was worse than ever. Worse than anyone could have imagined. Bland and CD and Parsons were worse than non existent. Their very presence was a hinderance. The entire core is clearly rotten. I know it suck to face reality but it was all there on display for anyone who wanted to see.
100%...we have good players, good players dont thrive in this culture after a while they are jaded or something..the FO is not gonna change so the only hope is a group of young players overcome it before they get jaded...

rambo2

Reaction score
You watch more than 1 game. You watch all of them.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You watch more than 1 game. You watch all of them.
That was the game my friend. I watched the entire regular season and it all lead to that one game. I know it isn't fair to have one game mean so much but it does. That game meant everything to fans like me. If you and Jerry and Dak view it as just one game out of 18 that is OK. I get that and I understand that point of view. To me it was much much more.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Let me get this right.......we have one of the highest caps but we don't spend money. So most of our money is pretty much spent on one or two players. The rest get crumbs

Every team has the same salary cap. End of story. Not difficult to understand.

Cap space per year varies, by how the money is allocated over time.

We are intentionally deciding not to spend money now, that will impact the 2025 and 2026 cap

If you look at our cap space available for 2025, we currently have over $100M available top 5.

If you look at our cap space available for 2026,
we currently have over $200M available top 5.

For whatever reason, GM Jethro has decided to sacrifice this year to free up cap space for the future.

rambo2

Reaction score
Every team has the same salary cap. End of story. Not difficult to understand.

Cap space per year varies, by how the money is allocated over time.

We are intentionally deciding not to spend money now, that will impact the 2025 and 2026 cap

If you look at our cap space available for 2025, we currently have over $100M available top 5.

If you look at our cap space available for 2026,
we currently have over $200M available top 5.

For whatever reason, GM Jethro has decided to sacrifice this year to free up cap space for the future.
It looks like they might have about 30 players in 2025 that would be in their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd years.