NFL transaction thread

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That trade was a total head scratcher from the start. A 2nd round pick for THAT GUY?

:huh:

For everything Belichick and the Pats do well, they can't figure out wide receiver very well at all.
they love dudes from Rutgers and he's a big dude who could/can block but yea he couldn't get open which doesn't help much at WR.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gallop=Sanu.....Dak already has chemistry with Gallop. 4 receiver sets? Hummmmmm
We probably won't be running alot of 4 WR sets. A 4th WR spot is more depth than anything most likely

Sanu isnt anywhere close to Gallop. But I would feel better about the offense if Sanu had to step in because of injury than Wilson or Brown

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Im not. But it would smart if they upgraded that 4th WR spot. That could wind up a season breaking issue

I agree with this.

Our most veteran receiver of our top 9 is 24 years old lol.

We need a veteran WR that isn't in the exact mold as the rest of our WR room. Give me a shifty, shorter, veteran WR, with top end speed that could maybe contribute on special teams.

Hello Taylor Gabriel.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't see Dallas in anywhere but possibly safety.
11th hour adds likely aren't going to help week 1 unless ST.

They could snag a guy and try to sneak him onto their own PS via post week 1 cut.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree with this.

Our most veteran receiver of our top 9 is 24 years old lol.

We need a veteran WR that isn't in the exact mold as the rest of our WR room. Give me a shifty, shorter, veteran WR, with top end speed that could maybe contribute on special teams.

Hello Taylor Gabriel.
As 4th reciever, Id love to have Gabriel

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they love dudes from Rutgers and he's a big dude who could/can block but yea he couldn't get open which doesn't help much at WR.

I thought the idea of giving up a 2nd round pick for a guy that's never had a 1,000 yard season in his career was just ridiculous. I was shocked when I read that, especially with it being New England.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We probably won't be running alot of 4 WR sets. A 4th WR spot is more depth than anything most likely

Sanu isnt anywhere close to Gallop. But I would feel better about the offense if Sanu had to step in because of injury than Wilson or Brown
with 3WR as base a 4th WR is going to have close t6o starter numbers even if people stay healthy.
That 4th WR needs to be able to play.
The 5th guys is injury protection, small package and ST.

Last year Tavon Austin got over 300 snaps and Devin Smith got over 100.
In a more 3WR oriented set this year I think WR 4 could get 500+.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I thought the idea of giving up a 2nd round pick for a guy that's never had a 1,000 yard season in his career was just ridiculous. I was shocked when I read that, especially with it being New England.
absolutely crazy but they were SB hunting.
thats the only time it's ok to overpay.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I don't see Dallas in anywhere but possibly safety.
11th hour adds likely aren't going to help week 1 unless ST.

They could snag a guy and try to sneak him onto their own PS via post week 1 cut.

Oh I see them looking at plenty more than just safety. These sort of adds don't need to contribute week 1, just has to improve the team in the short term and/or long term.

We lost our starting 3T and didn't replace him, so there is an obvious position we would look at. We love adding to the OL, and just cut a bunch of our prospects. We are at 3 TEs currently and could carry four. Only two legitimate RBs on the roster. Plenty of options out there.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Will post this here, does not need a thread of its own.

Seen where Fournette agreed to terms with TB.

1 year $2M with possibility to make up to a total of $3.5M

That is for a RB who surpassed 1,000 yards in 2 of his first 3 seasons for a crappy JAX team. Proof positive that Dallas overpaid Zeke.

robjay04

Reaction score
Id be happier going with an unproven player if we were expected to win 6 to 8 games. Not 10 to 13. If one of our top 3 WR's gets hurt, Cedrick Wilson will be playing about 70-80% of our offense snaps. Id like to see better insurance

We are talking about the sixth passing option in an offense that wants to run the ball. I would venture to guess many NFL teams don’t have a ton of experience outside of their top 4.

The team has had some decent success developing receivers. You never know if you got a Cole Beasley unless he plays and Miles Austin never would’ve had the success he had without being thrust into the lineup.

Either way..doubt he signs to be 4th receiver here.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same for me, Wiki updates almost immediately. NFL, ESPN, and even DC.com site is way behind. DC.com seems months behind at times.
You would think as much money and if Jerry cared, he would hire someone that could keep it updated.
Jerry, or the FO, may not have anything to do with managing the DC roster page directly. Maybe they don't feed info to the NFL data management staff very well. Could be some formality with dates of contracts or something to that effect. Who knows.
It's strange, at any rate, how some players status is updated on DC dot com in a timely manner, but others are not.
For instance, when they cut Dez, his name dropped off the site the same day!
Other players names and numbers are added or dropped as an afterthought.
One year, a player appeared twice on the roster for months.
SMH...:facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That is for a RB who surpassed 1,000 yards in 2 of his first 3 seasons for a crappy JAX team. Proof positive that Dallas overpaid Zeke.
Well let's be honest here. No one is confusing Fournette with Zeke. They aren't even on the same planet. You guys have to quit complaining about Zeke...he counts 5% of our cap. Mind you this team has spent money on Greg Hardy, Cedric Thornton, Nolan Carroll, among other trash.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What makes anyone think Sanu would be all over coming to Dallas to be WR4?

Signing a player is a two way street.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are talking about the sixth passing option in an offense that wants to run the ball. I would venture to guess many NFL teams don’t have a ton of experience outside of their top 4.

The team has had some decent success developing receivers. You never know if you got a Cole Beasley unless he plays and Miles Austin never would’ve had the success he had without being thrust into the lineup.

Either way..doubt he signs to be 4th receiver here.
We threw the ball almost 600 times last season. I don't expect them to throw. That player thats 4th on your depth wont be the 6th option if one of the top 3 get hurt. And both Cooper amd Gallop got hurt last year.

You are right about the fact that they probably wont sign him (or another vet). And you have a point about developing WR's. However that's not my preference unless you have WR's worth developing. Which is my opinion that we dont. I just see Wilson and Brown as fringe talents. Thats why I say I would be all for adding someone like Sanu

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That proves nothing about Zeke being overpaid.
Zeke makes this offense go, Fournette did not do that in JAX.