NFL transaction thread

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, I noticed after this thread. In fact, I'm hoping mod will merge this one with s similar one on the board.
Funny how the NFL, in general, sporadically manages information on their site and on the back end for the individual team sites. I go to Wikipedia to see the updated player roster and uniform numbers of the Cowboys.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because I dont see much legit NFL talent beyond our top 3 WR's. I think we are very thin at the position. I think everyone we brought into camp beyond the top 3 are fringe guys. We just kept the two best. Id be all for adding a legit WR like Sanu to play 4 WR sets amd provide depth

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because I dont see much legit NFL talent beyond our top 3 WR's. I think we are very thin at the position. I think everyone we brought into camp beyond the top 3 are fringe guys. We just kept the two best. Id be all for adding a legit WR like Sanu to play 4 WR sets amd provide depth

I'll respectfully disagree.

Sanu just managed to get cut from one of the most receiver-starved teams in the league. To say nothing of the costs. The Cowboys just cut a receiver, they're not about to add a guy like Sanu.

John813

Reaction score
I've read they moved on supposedly due to cap savings and lack of speed in top 3 WRs.
They were in win now mode last year, but yea, bad return on investment in hindsight.

robjay04

Reaction score

You don’t know how good a player is until he plays.

I think Dak would go to war for Cedrick Wilson.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll respectfully disagree.

Sanu just managed to get cut from one of the most receiver-starved teams in the league. To say nothing of the costs. The Cowboys just cut a receiver, they're not about to add a guy like Sanu.
They cut a guy with 15 career receptions in 18 games. They are keeping a guy with 5 career receptions and 9 career receptions. We are pretty weak at WR beyond the top 3.

Im not saying Sanu is some world beater. But I dont see him being cost prohibitive after being cut. You could probably get him on a vet min. On a team that will probably play 3 WR sets more than 80% of the time, adding a guy that has started in a SB for depth is good insurance. Wilson might wind up a decent WR, but I would he more willing to go the unproven route if we are expecting 6 to 8 wins out of this team. With a team hoping to contend for a title, Id rather have better insurance at such a key spot. Sanu would ne better insurance.

Either way I would be looking at the cuts for an upgrade over Wilson and Brown

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how the NFL, in general, sporadically manages information on their site and on the back end for the individual team sites. I go to Wikipedia to see the updated player roster and uniform numbers of the Cowboys.

Same for me, Wiki updates almost immediately. NFL, ESPN, and even DC.com site is way behind. DC.com seems months behind at times.
You would think as much money and if Jerry cared, he would hire someone that could keep it updated.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don’t know how good a player is until he plays.

I think Dak would go to war for Cedrick Wilson.
Id be happier going with an unproven player if we were expected to win 6 to 8 games. Not 10 to 13. If one of our top 3 WR's gets hurt, Cedrick Wilson will be playing about 70-80% of our offense snaps. Id like to see better insurance

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They cut a guy with 15 career receptions in 18 games. They are keeping a guy with 5 career receptions and 9 career receptions. We are pretty weak at WR beyond the top 3.

Im not saying Sanu is some world beater. But I dont see him being cost prohibitive after being cut. You could probably get him on a vet min. On a team that will probably play 3 WR sets more than 80% of the time, adding a guy that has started in a SB for depth is good insurance. Wilson might wind up a decent WR, but I would he more willing to go the unproven route if we are expecting 6 to 8 wins out of this team. With a team hoping to contend for a title, Id rather have better insurance at such a key spot. Sanu would ne better insurance.

Either way I would be looking at the cuts for an upgrade over Wilson and Brown

Don't hold your breath.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will post this here, does not need a thread of its own.

Seen where Fournette agreed to terms with TB.