NFL: two tripping penalties shouldn’t have been called

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
they need to make every penalty reviewable, as bad as the current NFL reffing is, they cannot have these games come down to bad reffing week after week

This is where I've stood for a while now. With today's technology, you could have someone looking at every play before the officials tell you what the call is. Instead, we're relying on a few people trying to look around and through a bunch of bodies to make calls on the field.

They want to improve the game, have a team of officials with computers going over the footage as fast or faster than the telecast does.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that had the two calls not been made it wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome.

There is no way to say those two calls took points off the board.
Actually there are game scenarios to prove it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that had the two calls not been made it wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome.

It's possible, maybe even probable, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have happened. There will always be room for a what-if when the officials take away chances for the game to play out like it should.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The one called against Frederick on Dallas' final drive (not counting a desperation play with one second remaining) stands out, as it nullified a 3rd conversion by Ewok. ✭

Actually there are game scenarios to prove it.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Yeah there was some doofus on here trying to explain the definition of tripping according to the rules. What kind of piece of crap Cowboys fan do you have to be to go out of your way to make up your own definition in order to justify two garbage calls AGAINST us? WRONG THEY WERE BAD CALLS!
Unfortunately I think there are several of these types on this board. They are just in it to argue with everyone.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
The league needs to discipline the refs that call these bogus penalties. Those calls literally changed the game. Fine them or something. You can’t go back the next day and say “oh, they were bad calls” then move on like nothing happened. Someone needs to be held accountable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The league needs to discipline the refs that call these bogus penalties. Those calls literally changed the game. Fine them or something. You can’t go back the next day and say “oh, they were bad calls” then move on like nothing happened. Someone needs to be held accountable.
THIS IS LIKE BOXING BEING FIXED...corrupt..DON KING-ESQUE. Looks really shady. Taints the games.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Proof that even a broken clock is right twice each day.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m surprised we’re hearing about this. Usually the joneses just lay back and take it.

king987

Reaction score
Greeaaat, does that mean we get to restart the game now? No?

Are you going to hold your officials accountable? No?

Well then, who cares.

aria

Reaction score
I've never seen a bigger example of a rule literally being invented on the spot.

This needs investigation.
So does it need more investigation than say a non PI call that could have changed the outcome of a game we happened to play? What’s the difference between a phantom call and a bad call/non-call that both result in potentially game altering results?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So does it need more investigation than say a non PI call that could have changed the outcome of a game we happened to play? What’s the difference between a phantom call and a bad call/non-call that both result in potentially game altering results?
PI is different. Those are always sketchy to call. No one ever calls tripping penalties and they both were wrong. It makes no sense.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Officials called only seven tripping penalties across the NFL entering Sunday, according to ESPN Statistics and Information. The Cowboys were called for two Sunday.

Only twice previously over the past 10 years had officials penalized a team for tripping twice in the same game, according to ESPN Statistics and Information.

It almost seemed as if someone had alerted officials to watch the Cowboys for tripping.

Read more @ https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...owboys-two-tripping-penalties-were-bad-calls/