NFL: two tripping penalties shouldn’t have been called

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
the only explanation is that Belichick talked with the refs before hand to look for it, because those penalties are rarely called like Shanahan talked with the Refs to cause the snap infraction that has never been called in LP's career

SoBlue128

Reaction score
So does it need more investigation than say a non PI call that could have changed the outcome of a game we happened to play? What’s the difference between a phantom call and a bad call/non-call that both result in potentially game altering results?

It’s a hoot when the crappy refs miss it on our end but it stings something awful when it’s the other way round. The crappy calls are magnified when it’s against a premier team whether it’s for or against CONSPIRACY

gmb1

Reaction score
Thanks NFL. This will get Garrett out of Dallas faster.

Soth

Reaction score
Officials called only seven tripping penalties across the NFL entering Sunday, according to ESPN Statistics and Information. The Cowboys were called for two Sunday.

Only twice previously over the past 10 years had officials penalized a team for tripping twice in the same game, according to ESPN Statistics and Information.

It almost seemed as if someone had alerted officials to watch the Cowboys for tripping.

Read more @ https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...owboys-two-tripping-penalties-were-bad-calls/

Some posters here don't understand statistics. They think that what happened on Sunday is very common! 2 times in 10 years means there is 1/2560 chance every game that two tripping calls happen. That is less than 0.1% chance. I think some lottery games have better odds.

This is similar to the huddle penalty called on Dallas against GB in the playoffs. It was also only the second time it happened in 15 years. Those odds are 1/3840 LOL

But those two extremely unlikely situations happened to Dallas in the past few years. I guess we are just very very unlucky huh?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well...……….lets look on the bright side to getting screwed by the refs...……..this loss may very well have costed Garrett his extension.

Just think if we would have won, Garrett would be praised around the league for breaking the mighty Pats 20 game home winning streak, we go up 2 games in the division with 5 to play making it highly unlikely the Eagles catch us, we win the division, probably win a Wildcard game, and Garrett probably gets a new 5 year extension.

Instead, Jerry is totally pissed at the coaching staff, thinks the game was a major setback to the organization, basically said the coaching staff all sucks, regrets the fact he didnt hire Belicheck when he got fired from the Browns, and pretty much sets up that Philly game as an elimination game where Garrett is I believe 0-3 in "win and in" games in his coaching career. This is not the dude you want on the sideline in an elimination game, he is going to panic and blow the game, he always has.

So in short, that phantom trip call on Frederick during our 2 min drill probably is going to cost Garrett his job, so see guys its not all bad:thumbup:

Cebrin

Reaction score
At least they admitted it. :rolleyes:

I just hope the Cowboys are spending as much time working on their special teams as they are talking to the league office.

Let's not blame special teams! Who doesn't call a time out there, man?!?! We even had two chances!! :mad::mad:

Fmart322

Reaction score

Like we didn't already know that. I'm just surprised the NFL came out and said it so soon. And the retired referee on the game with aikman and buck needs to retire again because he should know better.
This team has been hit with so many bad calls, and non calls over the years it just insane. The officials and the NFL league office has done so much harm to the game over Roger Goodell's administration it's just ridiculous.
After a big play people don't get excited until they're sure there hasn't been a flag thrown. That's how crazy it's become.

Flamma

Reaction score
I just don't know what the refs are looking at. It's as if these refs are being paid per penalty called. That would explain it. The only other possibility is that everyone was so butthurt that the refs didn't hand the Saints the NFC championship last year so they're over compensating.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Like we didn't already know that. I'm just surprised the NFL came out and said it so soon. And the retired referee on the game with aikman and buck needs to retire again because he should know better.
This team has been hit with so many bad calls, and non calls over the years it just insane. The officials and the NFL league office has done so much harm to the game over Roger Goodell's administration it's just ridiculous.
After a big play people don't get excited until they're sure there hasn't been a flag thrown. That's how crazy it's become.

Yep, if we make a play that is longer than 10 yards, I automatically start looking around the TV screen to see if the little flag icon lights up.

Even on TDs, dont even bother to high five or celebrate with my buddies until a good 10-20 seconds after the play to make sure it stands.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Why isn’t every play reviewable? Those to blatant mistakes should have been fixed quickly during the game. NFL is a joke, but I can’t walk away!

It's a slow process. I used to never want to miss a game now I am ok watching some and just following along while i'm at work. The draft process is more exciting to me at this point because I feel like it is pre determined like wrestling

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
they need to make every penalty reviewable, as bad as the current NFL reffing is, they cannot have these games come down to bad reffing week after week
What's the point when they don't overturn them? Look at all the challenged non calls, have any been overturned?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I feel that way after every big play or TD. I start to get excited and then ask my wife if she sees a flag down.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Roger. Now let's go back to Foxboro and replay the game. Oh wait....